Goose Gossage - newest inductee to Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Jive_Turkey, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

Congrats to Rich "Goose" Gossage, who has been inducted into the baseball Hall of Fame. Only inductee this year.

The Link

I loved the Goose growing up.

2. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

Congrats. I think he should have been in earlier.

3. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

Definitely should have been in earlier. He was filthy.

Probably my favorite passage from Ron Luciano's book is his description of how Thurman Munson would cuss out Gossage and get him pissed off, making him throw really hard. And then when Munson caught the ball, he'd immediately hurl another round of even more offensive expletives at Gossage, and Gossage would get madder and throw the next pitch even harder. And this would go on until the third out.

4. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd 100+ Posts

I can't believe how low Tim Raines' total is.

I think everybody ahead of him should have already been in. The HoF is trending too restrictive again.

5. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Well deserved. Congratulations to the Goose. Now, if the voters will simply wise up and give Rice his due...

HornHuskerDad [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

Keeping my fingers crossed for Jim Rice next year.

7. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

Way too long in my opinion. I live in the same town as Goose, he runs a hamburger stand here and it's very similiar to In & Out. He's actually had to change the name a few times cause they keep threatening lawsuits. Reminds me of Coming to America with the McDonald's/McDowell's.

8. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

9. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I think Rice makes it by a few votes next year. There's some sort of mystique associated with voting a dude in on his last shot.

10. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

This was overdue. There are 5-6 other worthy (imo) candidates who are questionable.

11. ferrariparty

ferrariparty 250+ Posts

Congrats Goose. Check out this audio clip of him bashing reporters. One of my fav soundbites.

The Link.