Got Call of Duty 4 for Christmas

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by mandingo, Dec 27, 2007.

1. HookemDanno

HookemDanno 100+ Posts

Always glad to help...

[​IMG] Danno

2. Turd of Doom

Turd of Doom 250+ Posts

3. HookemDanno

HookemDanno 100+ Posts

Someone please tell me that PSN has this feature and I've just overlooked it...please...

[​IMG] Danno

4. DCLonghorn

DCLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

Just finished my first run through and at the end, the game said that I can now use Arcade and Cheats function. Can someone explain this to me?

5. GarCiaRia

GarCiaRia 100+ Posts

Hey Turd of Doom, got and accepted your friend request last night (Brown Wall). Yawn....I'm sleepy, played too late with a couple of other buddies. Maybe we'll catch you out there soon.

6. HookemDanno

HookemDanno 100+ Posts

Once you've completed the game, you can play it in Arcade style. It's the same game, except you earn points for kills, are on a timer and you have a limited number of lives. I'm sure some folks really love it...me not so much...I kept waiting for some Don Pardo knock off voice to interject some fun stuff like in Mortal Combat, the old Contra games etc.

You also can now use any cheats you picked up, I guess from finding the laptops.

Congrats on finishing...it's an allsome ride...

[​IMG] Danno

7. Turd of Doom

Turd of Doom 250+ Posts

Sweet I sent an invite out to all the 360 users that posted names, 5 added and one not logged on yet. We should dominate XBox live now.

8. MizzouSnives

MizzouSnives 500+ Posts

well, it looks like i've reached a solid level now--i have a [TEX] clan tag (i don't know exactly how clans work, but whatever) and my kdr is usually around 1 for each night of play. some maps are easier to me than others, but they're all fun. except for wet work. hate that one.

i just got the silencer on the M4. here's the real question--silencer or red dot? i have at least a week before i up myself into the G6/G63 level. is having the silencer really a big deal? it seems to me that the map is somewhat secondary to visual acquirement. any thoughts? (also, if anyone wants a game or 2 today, i MAY be on for a little bit.)

9. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

I don't rely on the map that much...but maybe I should, I'm just a lowly level 8.

10. BHood27

BHood27 25+ Posts

That new map (may not be new, I don't play Domination much) called Delivery or something is intense. Tiny map you can sprint across in just a couple of seconds. You have to be on your toes as soon as you respawn.

For you guys that send me invites, I try to accept them every time but can only connect probably 1/4 the time. Don't think I am ignoring you guys.

11. MGS

MGS 500+ Posts

I'm also a Xbox player. I just got the console and the game at Christmas, so I am getting my *** handed to me online. (I am a convert from PC shooters, and am still getting used to the control scheme)

Turd of Doom, can also send me an invite? My nick is VanillaBobcat.

12. HookemDanno

HookemDanno 100+ Posts

The reason that Wet Work level we were on went so bad was that after they OpFor pushed us off of A, everyone else on our team dropped out of the game, leaving you and I to trip over each other while they just camped at the respawn points to off us.

I forgot about you not having a mic, but I was trying to tell you that we needed to retreat to the bridge level and each defend a stairway...that would have reduced the carnage, but not by much. It was a total suck fest...sorry, for inviting you into that...

On domination levels, unless you can uav block and go silent when moving, I would just stick with the Red Dot. The silencer reduces your accuracy and range, and only keeps you off the radar when you fire, not when they have a uav up. I've come to rely on the radar more and more which has helped bring my K/D ratio up.

The silencer does seem to come in real handy on the free for all levels where there's usually more room to sneak around and be quiet.

Don't worry BHood everyone has the same issue and it seems like we're lucky to get 1 or 2 decent matches in together anyway. I've been horrible this week because this is my week as Duty Officer, which means I'm handling calls all the time and have had to run into and out of games. Sorry if I've left anyone hanging.

[​IMG] Danno

13. MizzouSnives

MizzouSnives 500+ Posts

BHood--that map is called "Shipment" and yeah, it's pretty freaking intense. I wound up playing it 4-5 times last night, and it's a great place to level up since there's so much action. however, it can be ultra-frustrating when you respawn and die 4 times in about 20 seconds. also, if the enemy gets a helicopter--pretty much game over, since it can spray the entire level. i recommend a light machine gun for the level, since reloading can be perilous with so many enemies. also, bring as many grenades as you can. toss them as soon as you spawn unless you plan on hiding in the corner by A and picking fools off. this is the one map where "martyrdom" is a great perk.

i've pretty much been playing domination games exclusively, with a sabotage mixed in every once in awhile. what is everyone else's preference?

14. Turd of Doom

Turd of Doom 250+ Posts

I'll send you an invite this evening.

15. TEXAS1026

TEXAS1026 100+ Posts

I'm on xbox as texdub, clan name TCEH since they won't allow TECH for some reason...

I've been dominating on sabotage tonight. I play a lot since I don't have cable in my room right now. Got to level 55 today

16. MizzouSnives

MizzouSnives 500+ Posts

Danno--i went out and got a bluetooth headset today (Nokia BH-208) so we don't have another game like that wet work debacle. I'll probably be on and off this weekend.

red dot/scope is turning into quite the debate for me. I use way less ammo with the m4 scope, but the red dot sight is so much more useful in midrange combat, which seems to be the majority or action.

17. HookemDanno

HookemDanno 100+ Posts

Sweet @ least now we can die while screaming obscenities in unison!!!

BTW, if you haven't gotten to use the Desert Eagle yet avail yourself at first opportunity. I love that thing!!

[​IMG]

18. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

Am I the only one that plays on a PC?

19. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

Wow, guess I am... [​IMG]

20. VinnyVango

VinnyVango 25+ Posts

Hey Danno,

"MrVinSA" here.

Thanks for the invites. I am currently really liking the hardcore modes where the bullet damage tends to be more realistic.

It'll be cool if we can get a handful of like minded players online so that it's not the mad dash, every-13-year-old-for-himself game environment that it tends to be sometimes.

I like using he silenced AK47 with the UAV Jammer perk... makes for good sneaking behind the enemy.

Peace

21. HookemDanno

HookemDanno 100+ Posts

Thanks for introducing that to me Vinny...I've been playing HC more and more. What I like is the almost eerie silence you get when the teams are small...it's almost like a horror flick...a sense of dread, dead silence and then DEAD!!

I'm also working a stealth package, M16/M4 silenced with UAV Jammer and Dead Silence. My K/D ratio has gone way up like that...thanks Stro!

It would be cool if we could get more folks in there with us...but I've found that getting/keeping folks together is like herding cats...maybe we should designate a TEX time that some/most/any of us could meet up online and then take a party into the games. Any thoughts from anyone on this?

Sorry Son...

[​IMG] Danno

22. DCLonghorn

DCLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

I would be interested in this but I need to get a little quicker before I play on-line. I have great aim and I'm really good sniping but terrible on the quick draw while turning corners. I'm beginning my second tour through 1 player tonight. Plus, i do not understand the rules and objectives to the on-line format.

23. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

DC, are you playing the single player on a harder difficulty the second time? This should help a lot with quickness, target acquisition, accuracy, movement, staying covered, etc...you know...playing COD4.

I'm just over half way through my 2nd run. I went thru on Regular the 1st time and now am trying Hardened. I feel like I've improved immensely in just a couple of days due to the increased intensity and just from the reps.

24. DCLonghorn

DCLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

25. HookemDanno

HookemDanno 100+ Posts

Moving up should help...as for the rules online, they vary by game type.

Domination, is like capture the flag where you have two teams competing over three flags, Team Death Match is just that two teams trying to kill each other off in an alloted time frame, HQ is kind of like Domination, but the flags keep moving,..I haven't tried any of the Team Tactical games..so I can't speak to them.

The Hardcore versions strip away the display (compass, radar, ammo count) so it feels much more realistic, it also amps up the killing power of bullets, so you've got to be alot more deliberate about moving, aiming, etc. It's all fun and you've just got to get your feet wet to see what it's like.

Happy Hunting!

[​IMG] Danno

26. VinnyVango

VinnyVango 25+ Posts

In Search and Destroy mode online, the teams alternate trying to place and activate a timed bomb at one of two selected locations. There is no respawn. Thus there (at least with the better teams) is a lot more careful sneaking around and use of cover.

27. someone

someone 250+ Posts

Man, played HC for the first time last night and really enjoyed it. Much better playing than the other ones.

28. MizzouSnives

MizzouSnives 500+ Posts

i got SMOKED last night playing hardcore team deathmatch. it was unreal how bad i was (on a map i don't like). luckily, followed that up by playing domination on Shipment, my favorite map when things are going well... and things went VERY well. i finally figured out the secret to that level--light machine gun. called in 2 choppers, 4 airstrikes, leveled up from 23 to 24 in ONE level, and wound up earning the red dot + grip for the m106e or whatever it is.

29. HookemDanno

HookemDanno 100+ Posts

Good job Snives...

I don't know whether anyone has seen this but it made me LMAO!! Pay close attention to what ole ElGuerRo is doing prior to getting popped...classic!!!

pwnage

Apologies if this has been posted before...

[​IMG] Danno

30. Eastwood22

Eastwood22 250+ Posts

Eastwood304 on Xbox Live if anyone is interested. I am not on much because between 40 hours of work, Business Law, Accounting, MicroEco, and Ethics, plus friends and g/f, I am only on late Saturday nights if at all...

I favor accuracy over all else. There are guys on there that just spray with a heavy, but I like the feeling you get downing someone in 1 - 3 shots.