Got into a fight tonight *Updated with pic*

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by goosehorn, Jul 12, 2009.

1. goosehorn

goosehorn 500+ Posts

I got into a fight for the first time in years, but it had nothing to do with UFC or Ed Hardy cologne.

My band played tonight opening up for this other band. There was this guy saying we sucked throughout our set. We played well, just not this guys cup of tea, and he said as much when I asked him after we played what the deal was.

Keep in mind I'm pretty drunk as I write this, so have mercy on me and my structure and syntax.

Anyways, I went up to him and asked him if he was just kidding or if he was serious. I am 35, this guy must have been 22. He told me that indeed we sucked. To this I said, "We'll that's cool if you don't like us, but why couldn't you keep it to yourself?"

"Well, I don't like a band and I'll tell it like it is." Please. That is so cool.

I said, "Are you in a band?"

"No, I'm not really musically inclined..."

"Wait, so we spend our money on equipment, gear, gas for tours and time to write and practice our music... and you have the nerve to talk crap if you don't have the gall to pick up a guitar and give it a try?"

He scoffs and says,"Look, I just thought ya'll sucked, and I don't mind telling a band that while they are playing."

I told him he was an *******.

Later, he came up to the singer of my band and started talking about how if we don't like what he had to say, he would fight everyone of us. I got wind of that and started thinking I might have my first fight in 18 years. He also told us that we were a bunch of fh*gs. One of the members of my band is gay... Me.

I went down to where he was and he asked me if I had a problem. I told him that I did, and if he wouldn't call the cops afterwards I'd be happy to waste him. He said, "let's go, I'll be glad to fight. Let's go out front."

No man, there is a door right there back stage...

I walk out there, not having fought anyone in a really long time and I see him with his dukes up, ready. I knew he was younger, faster, taller and a non smoker, and I've been a 1/2 a packer for waaay too long. I walk up to him and break his nose with one punch.

He was trying to hit me in the huevos rancheros... maybe he did, I don't really remember but was told as much afterwards... I'm feeling pain all over, but not there. It was a bit of blur.

He bit me too. In the arm. I went Cape Fear on his *** and bit him back.

So it ends with me gassed like an old man, but I drug his face against the concrete while I had him in a headlock. I got kicked in the ribs and fell hard on me head. I got a raspberry behind my ear from it. Apparently he was gassed too because when it was broken up, he didn't try to come after me, for which I was pretty thankful - I was trying not look like it, but I couldn't have thrown another punch worth much.

My shirt was covered in his blood. It was my favorite shirt too. I'm going to have to figure out how to save it.

I am a teacher. I am not some guy that fights all the time. I don't even like to think that I am even the slightest bit confrontational. My band isn't radiohead... but at least we work hard at it. Either way, I just couldn't take the way he talked to me or my friends, and he apparently is a trained fighter and knew that no one would say anything to him given that he was pretty big.

NO I am not an internet tough guy. I ache all over. I have a shiner and there isn't an elbow or a kneecap that isn't hurting... But I sure as hell wouldn't like to be that dude - I seriously think he will need medical help. At least he will need his nose fixed.

Judge me all you want, it wasn't my most brilliant moment - But when you are 35 and someone is in your face disrespecting you... it feels pretty nice to say, "Alright dick, lets go, just don't call the cops." and be able to back it up.

Be proud - He was an Arkansas fan too.

2. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG] Goose!

And I never knew you're gay. Not that there's anything wrong with it...

3. omahawk

omahawk 100+ Posts

glad you kicked his ***. ******** need to keep **** to themselves. if you don't like a band, fine, but don't be a dick and verbally tell them how you feel during a set. especially at the catalina wine mixer.

tommy's dad told him he didn't have to fight to prove he was a man, but one day tommy was pushed to the brink and beat the **** out of the 3 gatlin brothers. afterwards, he prayed and spoke to his dad that sometimes you have to fight when you're a man.

i see a little bit of tommy in you goose. and i don't mean from behind. =)

4. dang-str8

dang-str8 1,000+ Posts

Ditto on the [​IMG] ...

Sometimes you have to stand up for yourself... True, you might never know who carries a gun or not... you might have thought twice about fighting if you were sober... but you're probably feeling a little better right now (maybe not physically), than if you'd let this guy walk all over you... Pride makes us do foolish things, and sometimes is rewarding...

5. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Simple solution and works very well. You be patient. You be resourceful and find the guys address. At your convenience you have at him as much and as long as you want with no witness, no face seen. End of story, you go on and live your life after a hot shower. End of story.

Fights like that are long gone for me if I can help it. They are too problematic. Glad you are okay though and hope the shirt gets cleaned.

6. EasternHorn

EasternHorn 500+ Posts

Good for you goose...hope you feel 100% soon.

7. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

After you kicked is ***, you should have told him that you are gay. That would have salted the wound for a guy like that.

8. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Rex,

It's from the song "Coward of the County," a C&W story-song by Kenny Rogers.

9. S.A.Diva

S.A.Diva 250+ Posts

Truthfully, that assclown needed a beat down...glad you were the one to give it to his sorry ***. I don't care what your sexual orientation is.

[​IMG]

10. tallgrant

tallgrant 250+ Posts

Glad you got him Goose. I get sick of dealing with people who want talk garbage like this because they're "telling it like it is." Nice to see someone put it in place.

And you rock for working at the band. That guy is full of himself (and some other things too).

11. EPThorn

EPThorn 500+ Posts

Sounds like your not very proud of the event...but be honest, wasnt it a little fun?

12. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

Good for you on all fronts goose.

13. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

There's a press conference today to announce the arrest in the case where the guy punched another guy on Sixth Street, and the victim fell backwards, hit his head, and died. A silly fight over some presumed insult left one guy dead, another facing many years in prison.
    Is it really worth it?
    Yeah, most fights don't end up this way, but some do, and others result in the loser going to his car and coming back with a gun, so I am going against the macho grain of this thread and saying don't fight with idiotic drunks on Sixth Street, or anywhere else. It just isn't worth the risk.
    It could easily affect the rest of your life. Use your head, not your testosterone.

14. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

Good job Goose! Glad you are OK. I played in a band in my 30's too, so I know how much work it takes to practice and haul all that gear around. Sounds like the guy had it coming. Take care. [​IMG]

15. glad i didn't bump into any gay guys friday night with you and george st. pierre kicking everyone's *** in their path [​IMG]

16. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

You know about the ralley this week? [​IMG]

17. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

18. buckhorn

buckhorn 1,000+ Posts

People that rag a band while they play when they could just go outside and smoke, or whatever, need to be punchedin the nose.

People who confront a band with threats of physical violence based on a dislike of their music need to be bitten.

Dragging their face across the concrete is just a bonus.

Good work, goose.

19. Austintxusa

Austintxusa 2,500+ Posts

Although a liberal, democrat *****, I approve. Must be a case of nature over nurture because I've been in many oilfield bar fights around the world. Bullies make my blood boil.

You'll heal.

20. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

how would you describe your music?

great story. it will give you something to talk about for many years..

21. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, Goose, I want to know what kind of music y'all play

22. accuratehorn

If it's a kind of music you don't like, I wouldn't admit it.

23. ptownhorn

ptownhorn 1,000+ Posts

24. accuratehorn

Apparently, not too much Kumbaya. [​IMG]

25. ScoPro

ScoPro 1,000+ Posts

goose f'kin' horn! [​IMG]

27. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

I am in the "don't fight unless you have no option and aim to send the other guy to the emergency room" camp. The risk/benefit analysis just doesn't support beating on people, no matter what kind of jerks they may be.

28. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

You could have thrown a coke on him.

29. badexcuse

badexcuse 1,000+ Posts

Nothing wrong with this story...good job.

30. goosehorn

goosehorn 500+ Posts