Got into a fight tonight *Updated with pic*

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by goosehorn, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Black Ninja

Black Ninja 500+ Posts

GOOD..............FOR.................YOU! Goose

2. hooklahoma

hooklahoma 1,000+ Posts

Good for you, but I'd hang up those gloves and retire w/ a 1-0 record. Start practicing your diffusion skills. The law of averages says 35 year old desk jockeys will get their butts kicked by 20 something young bucks 90% of the time.

I played those odds 5 years ago in an OKC bar parking lot (yes it was over texas football) and ended up getting dusted.

4. LonghornCougar

LonghornCougar 1,000+ Posts

5. Summerof79

Summerof79 2,500+ Posts

the only bad thing in these sorts of situation is that he can always track you via your band and you don't know who he is. That one thing has made me avoid a couple fights a lot more than I would have otherwise. Keep a lookout as if this guy is a real ******* and a "trained fighter" he very well may look for revenge some night.

I had to avoid one 3 weeks ago. I have little doubt I would have blown the guy up, but he was all agitated and drunk and it just wasn;t worth it. His Buddy stepped in and asked me to just stay away from him so he could calm him down. I don;t think today he even remembers what a prick he was. The one thing that sort of freaked me out was his buddy told me not to go shake his hand (as the guy was offering) because he said he was going to try and cold cock me at the shake as he is left handed.

not worth it in nearly every instance. But if you gotta go, you gotta go and it;s ALWAYS better to end up the less torn up.

6. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Everybody's talking aboutBagism, Shagism, Dragism, Madism,Ragism, Tagism, Thisism, Thatism.
    Isn't it the most?
    Hare, Hare Krishna.
    All we are saying is give peace a chance.
    Everybody's talking about Ministers, Sinisters, Banisters and Canisters,Bishops and Fishops, Rabbins and Popeyes.
    Bye-bye Bye-byes.Hare, Hare Krishna.
    All we are saying is give peace a chance.Everybody's talking about Revolution, Evolution, Masturbation, Flagellation, Regulations, Integrations, Meditation, United Nations. Congratulations!
    Hare, Hare Krishna.
    Everybody's talking about John and Yoko, Timmy Leary, Rosemary, Tommy Smothers, Bobby Dylan, Tommy Cooper, Derek Taylor, Norman Mailer,Alan Grinsberg, Hare Krishna Hare, Hare Krishna.
    All we are saying is give peace a chance

7. UTViking

UTViking 250+ Posts

I enjoyed reading this thread, the original post, and the update. I appreciate that an Arkansas fan received some instant karma from a Longhorn. The one thing that keeps nagging at me is that while the story has a relatively happy ending in that Goose didn't end up like the other guy, he could have easily ended up like the other guy.

"Nobody calls me chicken."
    -Marty McFly

8. Ignatius

Ignatius 1,000+ Posts

9. Larry T. Spider

Larry T. Spider 1,000+ Posts

Cant say I blame goose. If I was gay and somebody called me a fagg, I would probably be ready to go too.

10. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

I agree it's not worth it. You or your opponent could accidentally be killed. Even a single punch can be dangerous. Last month in Dallas:

11. buckhorn

buckhorn 1,000+ Posts

Fighting is stupid. I won't argue against that position. I must admit that I would not have followed ire with physical action amounting to much more than walking to another part of the club. Some people need to be executed, but I don't think that the state is a proper apparatus. Neither am I.

As no one was grievously harmed, and as the rogue element received some justice, let's call it a happy accident.

12. johnny chimpo

johnny chimpo 500+ Posts

Hell, I'm an Aggie, and I give that story a [​IMG]

13. gobears92

gobears92 Guest

14. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

15. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I got mad at my neighbor, so I took out my shotgun and blew him and six of his kids away, but I hadn't done anything like that in several years, so it was OK. It's not like I do it every day.
    Really, since it turned out the way it did, I agree the guy needed a good butt-kicking, and I am glad the result was positive. But still, it could have resulted in a tragedy for one or both of the participants, so it is not the smartest thing to do.

16. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

I'm in my fifties. I've had three serious fights in my lifetime...all between the ages of fourteen and twenty. I won one, lost one and one was a draw. I chose that as a good place to end my fighting career.

Goose...more power to you, man. The guy was definitely an *** hat and deserved what he got. I'm with accurate on this one, though...the outcome could have been very different, and you could be experiencing lifetime regrets. Glad that's not the case.

[​IMG]

17. Austintxusa

Austintxusa 2,500+ Posts

18. dallastx

dallastx 100+ Posts

So where is the pic?

19. goosehorn

goosehorn 500+ Posts

20. goosehorn

goosehorn 500+ Posts

If someone could post it on the thread without the link that would be great.

21. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

Sounds like that dewshbag had an ***-kicking coming one way or another. If it hadn't been you, it would have been someone else. If you don't like the music, just leave the bar. Even a ****-hole like Little Rock has to have options, right?

As others have posted, fighting is all-too-often a no-win situation for both sides. Count your blessing that neither one of you did more damage to the other one.

22. goosehorn

goosehorn 500+ Posts

LOL. Yes I guess it does Chest. It's actually growing on me.

23. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

that ******* picture demands Milkman Dan spring into action.

24. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

25. Austintxusa

Austintxusa 2,500+ Posts

26. LdyLnghrn

LdyLnghrn 100+ Posts

27. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

I'm sorry, but this is just so funny. It has "are you f'ing kidding me?" written all over it. 35 going on 16.

At older than goose I went to a costume party of a girl turning the Big 2-0 this past weekend. I'm just glad no one there felt inclined to show me that I wasn't welcome. Though I would have had to be blotto drunk to challenge and/or accept the offer of a fight. I just don't have the health insurance for that. [​IMG]

Glad that you lived to laugh about it.

[​IMG]

28. UTbone04

UTbone04 25+ Posts

29. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

Christ goosehorn, with a chin like that I'd figure you'd be leading with it and break his knuckles. [​IMG]

all the best on the re-coop. It happens [​IMG]

30. LonghornGirlie

LonghornGirlie 500+ Posts

There are plenty of people in the world that are ********.

Do you think its morally correct to punch every one of them? Or just the ones that happen to offend you with some very minor verbal insults? What exactly did you accomplish? Did this guy come to see the world differently and change his behavior due to your actions?

And you come looking for some petty validation on a silly website. And, sadly, you are getting it. Rather pathetic on both counts, actually. You can count me out.

You didn't do anything worthy of praise. Short of defending someone who is actually getting physically assaulted, I have zero respect for fights such as yours. I guarantee you that the verbal assaults that I have weathered without resorting to violence dwarf the little barbs that you got your panties all wadded up over.