Grading the Team's Performance-Week 10

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Hpslugga, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

And now for the much anticipated...aw f**k this, let's get it over with

[​IMG]

This week I blame...everyone not named D'Onta Foreman.

Seriously, there's nothing else to be said. The OL was sub-par, Buechelle locked onto first reads and forced balls into double/triple coverage, WR's ran bad routes and dropped easy passes, defense was shittastic on third down, special teams had its worst game of the year and that is saying something.

Side note: the muff and fieldable punt categories are red because that was a ******** penalty called on WVU. Warrick had absolutely no business playing that ball the half-assed way that he did and I'm going to hold him accountable for that.

• Like Like x 6
  2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

This; and I don't care who you voted for.

• Like Like x 2
  3. LAGA4

LAGA4 500+ Posts

The O'line is a disappointment. I know a freshman center, but there are some guys that have played a lot of snaps and should be able to protect the passer better than they do.

When they had to pass block they couldn't get it done.

4. Ajo Macho

Ajo Macho 500+ Posts

We had a turnover in the green zone, so shouldn't that have us below 100% green zone scoring?

5. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Perfect example of Shane's freshman itus being exploited by a decent defense.

6. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

The green zone is the 10 yard line and in. That turnover was snapped from the 20

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

8. Ajo Macho

Ajo Macho 500+ Posts

My bad, thought green zone meant the 20.

9. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Don't feel bad. I was wondering why they were talking about the Diplomatic Zone in Kabul.

• Like Like x 3
  10. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

As bad as I thought the horns played, I'm some what surprised the score wasn't worse. The WVU turnovers help mitigate it some.

11. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

What this bears out is that we are exactly what our record shows us - a .500 team.
    West Virginia is a much better team than we are and we only checked 25% of the boxes.

If we actually manage to go 7-5 and get to .580 it will be an over-acheivent for this group.

Given that most of us set the bar for this season at .666 (8-4) this is nothing but a disappointing year at best.
    And this includes people like me who were still in Charlie's corner to start the year, and we were factoring in the youth excuse, etc

So we have beat the only sub-par teams on our schedule, and lost to everyone else. This team is actually quite predictable at this point. I don't expect us to beat TCU. They don't have the talent, but they will outperform us.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

DS is correct.

Assuming Baylor tanks, we will have no quality wins and with the loss to Cal, we will not even have beaten every 6 loss team we played. I do not like the idea of playing Navy in the armed forces bowl. It has 1985 Bluebonnet Bowl against Air Force written all over it.

13. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Please, not Navy. That will be embarrassing. I do not see us handling their triple option very well.

14. LAGA4

LAGA4 500+ Posts

It's like the no fly zone when we run the 18 wheeler.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

For our D to hold them to 24 would be a decent performance as it was. Much more so when our offense turned it over 3 times, twice on our own end of the field, and WVU got a combined 0 points off turnovers. And even more so when we forced 4 turnovers of their own.

Our defense has now forced 17 turnovers on the season. The offense has converted them into a combined 24 points.

Gotta give some credit to Locke and Leonard too.

Most of all though, I have to blame John Burt and Kris Boyd. Burt cost us two possessions - one with a drop of a 40 yard pass, and one with a drop that caused an interception. Boyd, despite his key forced fumble, also gave up key receptions on all 3 touchdown drives and just generally allowed whoever he was guarding to consistently get open. Would have been worse if not for several unforced drops by Mountaineer WRs.

• Like Like x 1