Grading the Team's Performance-Week 8

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Hpslugga, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

Only thing I'm going to ***** about: the penalties on special teams. 3 personal fouls???? To paraphrase Mike Leach, that is ******* ******** and I want that **** changed.

• Like Like x 6
  2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Dominating defense again. Hope what they found with the short, quick passing game and freshman running game is built upon. I also hope the Warren III experiment is over.

Intersting to see Foreman playing again. As I had stated in a thread last week, he had a drop or two yesterday. He had them early in the season.

3. LAGA4

LAGA4 500+ Posts

As far as running backs, I think the torch has been passed.

Wish they would find Warren III another position.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 806 Horn

806 Horn 25+ Posts

After yesterday, do we have a QB controversy? The offense wasn’t a work of art, but from my living room chair, it appeared Shane’s arm was fresh again and the offense seemed a little more “stable”. I thought he gave the coaches something to think about moving forward.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Would Warren III make a good linebacker? He seems to know exactly how to run directly into opposing players.

• Like Like x 10
  6. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

• Like Like x 5
  7. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Godz, that's one of my favorite scenes...from one of my favorite movies. People in the theatre probably thought I was choking because I was laughing so hard.

(The other was the morning scene in the Kansas (?) motel room. "Those aren't pillows!")

• Like Like x 3
  8. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i'm on the 2-QB team. I see downsides to both of the young guys getting worn down and beaten over full games. maybe when Sam's body matures a little more. But I like them both fresh.

9. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

He Ha Ha!!!
    Dude, that's funny!

• Like Like x 2
  10. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

^^^THIS. Carter and Young carried the ball well yesterday and showed some moves.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

Now, this needs to go in the HF funny posts Hall of Honor!!! The OP that is!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Thanks as always HP. 8 of 20 on offense is not great but is better than most past weeks. Hopefully we are moving in the right direction.
    S couple of weeks ago TH mentioned that Connor and Rodriquez were a few weeks away. Does anyway have any idea when either of them might return?

13. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

I'd like to see Warren tried out as an H-Back or a TE.
    The guy could be a huge asset there, but I suppose that Warren isn't suited for it for some reason or Herman would have tried it already.

At 6'3" and 250# and with his running style (not particularly decisive or quick at the point of attack but impossible to bring down in the open field) it seems like if he has an NFL future its at TE.

14. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

If Swoopes can make a go of it in the NFL as a TE, so can Warren.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Nice to see the team break .500 overall.

Goes to show that we are a better than average team when / if the offense can just manage to not be a negative suck.

We can beat TCU and everyone else on the schedule, if the defense can just keep this insane intensity up, and the offense just manages to be mediocre.

16. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Maybe Charlie had the defensive cake baked

17. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

It actually would have been 11/20 if Elliott had just tripped and fall down at the 1 yard line on his INT and had the offense punched it in. Of course that'd rob the defense of 1 of its 16, but either way it's a good O/D dynamic because it'd have either been 26/40 or, as it turned out, 24/40. Like someone else mentioned, what you're shooting for is above .500 on all 3. I know the O "missed" but the fact is it was literally 1 play away from 3 more metrics achieved. And I know Baylor inhales infected monkey scrotum, but still this is what you want to see.

18. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

I wish there was a category for "number of stupid MILFORD" plays.

We still have 'em.

I understand "this was winless BU" ... but our offense needs to practice being an offense.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I'm not sure any RB ran the ball well until late in the 3rd when Baylor wore down.

Is it just me, or did the ST Criteria used to say "No dumb penalties" rather than "No penalties" so you wouldn't fail if you went offsides on 4th and 18, but you would if you roughed the punter, for example?

20. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Ageed about baylor, and we beat a team we should beat. We haven't always done that, so i will gladly take this one. Thanks again for compiling this for us.

21. 806 Horn

806 Horn 25+ Posts

...and even that wasn’t consensual.

• Like Like x 3
  22. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

okay, just starting seeing the term "MILFORD plays." So what does that mean or describe?

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  24. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

Milford HS ... Milford, TX ... off IH35E between Hillsboro and Waxahachie. They were known in our circle for "nonstandard" plays. Brent Musburger's "trickeration" plays. They made the playoffs back in the 70s when my uncle was at Moody which is "my circle's" first observation. They were able to make the playoffs in 1A because they had 3 or 4 OUTSTANDING athletes ... but none of 'em were in the line ... so they ran "blockers left, runner right" reverses frequently ... misdirection ... flea flickers. It was like they were the Harlem Globetrotters of 1A HS football. Their scores looked more like 6 man football than 11 man. They'd score a lot ... and they'd get scored-on a lot (kinda like TT) because their athletes weren't football players. (tackling wasn't their forte)

Anyhow ... for years, it's been a game for us. My brother, Dad, and uncle ... when we'd first see the play develop to yell "MILFORD!" ... as a derogatory term for the play selection. As TT has proven over and over ... and the night school in Houston did with Jenkins. Flashy football sells tickets but it doesn't win championships.

When our current head coach criticizes a 3.8 yards per carry ... that's troublesome.

• Like Like x 4
  25. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Thanks, ShAArk.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

That was always at my discretion and it typically was overlooked whenever we took a delay of game to extend the field for the punter. Also I never include penalties that are declined.