Grass question

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by texascoder, Jul 28, 2010.

1. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

I have regular 'ol St Augustine grass on my lawn. It's pretty healthy and gets regular water from a sprinkler system. Earlier this season (late spring) I spread some topsoil (maybe an inch or two) to fill in low spots and level things out. Some of the spots were maybe 2 feet or so in diameter. The problem seems to be that some of those areas are not filling in as fast as I had expected. So on my front lawn I have a few areas that are still bare, although the grass around the bare spot is growing very well. Does anyone have any tricks to get the grass to fill in the bare spots quicker?

Thanks

2. brntorng

brntorng 2,500+ Posts

Transplant a bunch of cuttings of runners that grow over your curb or sidewalk into the bare areas. Keep them moist while they take root and they'll fill in much faster. You can also reposition some runners that are adjacent to the bare areas into the bare areas. In the future, don't add so much topsoil at once. Do it gradually over a period of months or even a year or two so as not to kill the grass in the process.

3. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

It's like...you know, man...uh...never mind...

[​IMG]

4. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts