GREAT season Horns!

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by LagoHorn, Mar 30, 2008.

1. LagoHorn

LagoHorn 250+ Posts

This team really over-achieved this year. No one expected a scholl record for wins and a elite-8 trip after losing the best player in school history.

Tremendous strides were made by Conner, James and Mason DJ proved that he belongs as a true All-American. Next year looks very bright, even if DJ decides to leave (I don't think he will).

I think Dexter has proven to himself that he can play and we can expect some great things from him next year.

2. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

Great job coaches and players. To go to the Elite 8 after losing Durant is awesome. This team made me proud the whole season. Today just wasn't our day. As a program, we are getting closer and closer to reaching our ultimate goal. Again, great job and Hook 'em.

3. Simkins

Simkins 25+ Posts

4. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

You got a witness [​IMG]

5. Nolalonghorn16

Nolalonghorn16 250+ Posts

Yup, 3 elite eights in 6 seasons and the future is bright. [​IMG]

6. WestGAHorn

WestGAHorn 500+ Posts

I couldn't agree more. This team came a long way this year and i don't know how many expected this kind of season after losing KD. DJ definitely stepped up and became the leader of this team. I'm really hoping he sticks around for another year. The whole team stepped its game up big time this season, scary as hell when you consider how young this squad is.

Congrats to Coach Barnes and the team for a friggin hell of a season, great job all around. I couldn't be prouder of this team than i am now.

[​IMG]

7. VinceFord

VinceFord 100+ Posts

8. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

It's great that the Horns are on this kinda track. Keep pushing, keep working...we're really almost there...and we're already considered now one of the elite basketball programs.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

9. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Couldn't agree more. This team has provided jaw-dropping wins over so many of the elite teams in the country. Great to follow the steady progress of Coach Barnes into the rarefied air of the top teams in college basketball. Quite a ride this year.

10. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Congratulations on a great season! I'm proud of all that you accomplished! [​IMG]

11. ColumbusHornsFan

ColumbusHornsFan 25+ Posts

GREAT season, Horns!

[​IMG]