Green Bay Weather

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Napoleon, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Shark4

Shark4 2,500+ Posts

2. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

At 1:00am Saturday night/ Sunday morning in Green Bay:
    Temperature: -10
    Wind Chill: -31

[​IMG]

3. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

At 12:15PM!!

[​IMG]

Temperature: -3
    Wind Chill: -24

[​IMG]

4. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

They just said on CBS when doing the preview for the GB game that the wind chill at kickoff would be somewhere between -25 and -35. People are going to die out there.

5. Owlhorn

Owlhorn 500+ Posts

Sounds fun having players out in mortal weather.

6. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

57 in Austin at 4 pm, perfect football weather except it is windy, darn one of a few days i am not wearing my shorts outside. [​IMG]

7. UWUTengineer

UWUTengineer < 25 Posts

As a life long Packer fan and WI resident up until last summer I'll add a few things. The people who say Packer fans would laugh at the idea of a dome in GB are dead on, so here: [​IMG] That's just ridiculous.

For those of you that think the Packers are used to this type of weather you have probably never played sports in that environment. 40 F - 30F, maybe, but at a certain point (probably around 20 F and below) you just can't get used to it and it affects everyone's abilities. Essentially what it does is make the game a test of will.

8. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

I know you don't get used to cold weather but it will take some convincing to get me to believe that someone who has played in lived in cold weather still wouldn't have an advantage over somoene who has never been in it.

I know there is an arugument that GB deserves the host because of the won-loss record but due to conditions like this in January it takes more than earning it on the field in my opinion and that is coming up with the money to have a a dome stadium like Detroit and Minnessota.

9. Genco

Genco 100+ Posts

So how many teams would you disqualify?

New England, New York, Cleveland, Cincinatti, Chicago, and Buffalo all play outdoors. How about home games in late December?

10. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

Green Bay is about to kickoff and it is -5 with windchill of -20!!! [​IMG] And it is only going to get colder throughout the night!

11. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

All those crazy sleeveless Packers! [​IMG]

12. Mxyzptlk

Mxyzptlk < 25 Posts

Tony Romo's watching the game from his hot tub

13. YeaTexasFight

YeaTexasFight 1,000+ Posts

As if trying to stay warm in below 0 temperatures, all those players and fans have to deal with 3 minute commercial breaks during every stoppage of play.

14. YeaTexasFight

YeaTexasFight 1,000+ Posts

HA! Now the Giants heated benches aren't working.

15. Third Coast

Al Harris better put some more clothes on.

16. Third Coast

Well, a 90 yard TD will sure warm you up.

17. Michael Knight

Michael Knight 1,000+ Posts

cold bikini babes

18. LightTheTower

LightTheTower 100+ Posts

19. Third Coast

I seriously think something is wrong with Favre. His last few passes have been very dangerous and he has a glazed look in his eyes. I think he has tundra fever.

20. CHETOLONGHORN

CHETOLONGHORN 250+ Posts

I always thought that the big 12 title game should be played in a controlled enviorment. Alamodome or Transworld dome not in freezing tempatures in KC

21. LurkerintheDark

LurkerintheDark 250+ Posts

It's certainly playing hell with the kicking game.