Green(ish) dockers... what shoes?

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by LongIslandIceSIP, Jul 26, 2007.

1. LongIslandIceSIP

LongIslandIceSIP 500+ Posts

green(ish) dress pants... do I use brown shoes & belt, or black shoes & belt?

What about the shirts?

I guess the shirt could be anything that matches with the color of the pants, like red, khaki, other shades of green, right?

-------

Then for blue dress pants, I'm pretty sure the shoes are black w/ black belt.

Black dress pants of course use black belt and black shoes.

Gray dress pants use black shoe and belt.

Khaki dress pants use brown shoes and brown belt.

there... I think that about covers my options. My old job was a jean & t-shirt/polo gig. Now I actually have to dress up a bit so I'm not used to it.

Thanks for the help...

2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Brown usually works better than black. Let the shirt be the deciding factor. If both work well with black shoes/belt, then go for it. But I usually pair a shirt with some earth tone theme when wearing greenish slacks, and so brown shoes and belt is the only way for me to go.

3. jadedscenester

jadedscenester 100+ Posts

honestly, it doesn't matter. mens clothes are all neutral anyway, so it will look fine either way. in fact, you can wear black or brown shoes with any of those pant colors you mentioned.

4. TxArch

TxArch 250+ Posts

5. LongIslandIceSIP

LongIslandIceSIP 500+ Posts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's not too bad of a look [​IMG]

Thanks guys!

6. EuroHorn

EuroHorn 2,500+ Posts

I will pretty much wear black shoes and belt with anything. Not sure you can go wrong there.

7. vy til i die

vy til i die 100+ Posts

I would never wear black shoes with green pants. Wear really dark brown. Also don't wear a red or other shade of green shirt. The only colors that I can imagine going with green pants are white and pale or navy blue.

Really dark brown is way sexier than black. I would wear them with any pants that aren't black.

8. EuroHorn

EuroHorn 2,500+ Posts

Black shoes will work just fine with green or olive. Typically, black is just seen as being more dressed-up while brown is more casual.

9. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

Wear the new Nike Air Zoom Vicks IV.

Oops, not so fast.