Guam Floats

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by DigglerontheHoof, Apr 1, 2010.

1. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

That is really sad. The story is he has some kind of liver problem that could have affected his mind. He needs to resign and take care of himself.

It is kinda funky that he is in the same district as Cynthia. Mckinney was.

Now I see the NEW spin is, it was a metaphor. oh yea, that's it a metaphor [​IMG]

give 'em enough time and they will blame Bush.

3. hornyhoosier

hornyhoosier 500+ Posts

I give that Admiral credit. If this guy had asked me that, I would have lost it. After I got done laughing, I would have asked if he was joking.

4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I also liked the part where he recited the island's dimensions but then couldn[t figure out how many square miles it is.

Sadly clearly he is sick and he needs to step down and take care of his health.

I am almost sorry I laughed.

5. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

How does a liver problem make one believe islands float on top of the ocean? That's a **** ton of liver damage.

6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Apparently certain types of hepatitus9sp?) affect your brain. That is the first story his office put out there
    then they came up with the metaphor angle.

I think he'd be better off sticking to the hepatitus angle. more sympathy

7. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

8. ToxicShock

ToxicShock 100+ Posts

If he's got cirrhosis, he may be suffering from hepatic encephalopathy. I've heard some crazy stuff out of those patients.

9. johnny chimpo

johnny chimpo 500+ Posts

Don't know who that is, or what party he's with, but sick or not, point at him and laugh your *** off. If he has been in Congress more than a single day, he has done something, somewhere, to screw the American people or erode the Constitution. I'm sure of it.

10. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

Yes, I think ever congressmen needs to be able to pass an aptitude test every year to demonstrate they do have a mental capacity to be our representatives. It's kinda sad that the American people voted this guy into power (and maybe he was mentally ok when he got voted in) but I'd laugh if/when he gets re-elected.

Also, to be on a committee in Congress, I believe you need to know what the hell that committee is regulating, ie, if you are on the Communications, Technology, and the Internet Subcommittee, you better be able to recognize the fact that the Internet is not some big dump truck you just dump stuff on god damn it, it's a series of tubes, and if you fill those tubes with enormous amounts of material and put your message in, your message will get in a line and will be delayed. Congressmen must be able to pass subject specific tests in order to be on these committees. One such question could be what the difference between an internet and an email is, or what is the square mileage of an island that is 24 miles long and 12 miles wide at it's longest and 7 miles wide at it's shortest. Perhaps buoyancy should also be included, so our congressmen don't have to rely on some admiral's figures as to whether or not an island could capsize.

11. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I had heard someone talking about this on the radio and all I could think was "surely this guy is just using hyperbole." But I've seen guys use hyperbole before. That's not what it looks like!

He clearly needs to be removed.

12. hooklahoma

hooklahoma 1,000+ Posts

I think the flag on mars quip has been unseated as the dumbest thing ever said by a congressperson

13. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

Sadly clearly he is sick and he needs to step down and take care of his health.

Like another poster said, his office is claiming he is using metaphor. i dont believe that to be the case. i wonder if he read and understood the health bill? ive heard a lot of dumb things come out of congressmen and womens mouths the last year. Sadly, I dont think it was the illness that made him say that. I think there is a good chance he is that ignorant. They had to change the medical story if it was even true. Otherwise, he could be called unfit and lose his seat.

14. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Another reason I don't believe the excuse is the rambling, at times incoherent nature of the response. Plus he's rambling about dangers to the coral reef? Did he think they were going to build an underwater city or something???

15. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Absolute abomination.... get him the hell out of office.

Hmmmm. I wonder what his wonderlic score would be.

16. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

The story released by his office was that he was joking. reading the story on cnn there are hundreds of comments stating that he was obviously joking. i agree that his use of the english language during the comment to the admiral was a joke, however, i failed to hear the sarcasm in his voice during the comment to the admiral and whne the admiral took him serious, as he was trying to remain respectful, the congressman didnt stop, or correct him, he went on to talk something about the coral reef.

Are these lunatics on cnn listening to what i am ro do they believe everything they hear from someone with a (D) by their name?

17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

The first excuse I heard on the news was he had Hepatitus C, had undergone severe treatment which caused him to become confused in the middle of a discussion.

While this generated tons of sympathy , from both parties , it also raised the question of his fitness to serve
    so then they came out with the metaphor excuse.

I sincerely hope his constituents are smart. Heck maybe Cynthia should run again

18. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

After watching that video, I am thoroughly convinced that he is not competent to serve. Whether the problem is hepatic encephalopathy or baseline low cognitive function, he is profoundly lacking the basic knowledge and reason necessary to help make legislative decisions for all Americans. The metaphor and joke excuses are pathetic.

19. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I'm just glad I got out of Galveston when I did, it may only be a matter of time there, too.

20. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

would this be big news if Palin said it? im curious because there is so much press directed at her about how stupid she is. she isnt even serving in a political position currently. the guy was a lawyer for 27 years. he must be insane. he did pass the bar exam...of course, it is the georgia bar exam....if he is sick, he needs to resign, i think he is chairman of one of the finance committees.

21. 2003TexasGrad

Unless the bar exam asks questions about geological formations, it is very likely that the man is an idiot in things not law related. That said, there is NO way he was joking. Yes, it seems unfathomable that anyone sitting in Congress could be that stupid, but that doesnt mean we turn a blind eye and just say its so loony it cant be true. Dang it, we see it on the video loud and clear, and people glaze over and just say, must not be true, must not be true......

22. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, it would be bigger news if this guy had been a recent vice-presidential candidate, just like if Sarah Palin had said it, quite true.

23. 2003TexasGrad

This is worse than anything Palin said, that Im aware of anyway. Saying with a straight face that the island might tip over and capsize because too many people are on it is tantamount to saying that the earth really is flat.

24. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

how is this not news? shouldnt this guy step down? i saw this story on fox but not on any other network.

25. bub

bub 100+ Posts

Guam sucks. The video has been removed and I'm not sure of the context.

All I'm gonna say about Guam, probably irrelavent, is that the island is full of pissy Chomorros who don't like us, a bunch of questionable titty bars, hotels full of Japanese enjoying a (wink) cheap weekend of titty and golf and two huge U.S. military bases. Andersen AFB and Naval Base Guam and Ordinance Complex (NUKES!). Seabees there too along with NCTAMS - Naval communications.

Was attached to MOMAG Unit 8 at one point in time to the Naval Magazine.

Good times.

Guam doesn't float.