Guesses on our starting rotation?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by mudboy, Jun 12, 2009.

1. mudboy

mudboy 250+ Posts

IF we get by SoMiss, the winners bracket game 2 will be tough, however they will both have just thrown their Aces. Would be nice to have Green for that one.

I would like to see
    G1 Green
    G2 Ruffin
    G3 Jungmann

Thoughts?

2. s102r18

s102r18 250+ Posts

3. bassale47

bassale47 1,000+ Posts

I would like to see the same, but I think I am in the minority.

I want Green to go first because I think we can beat Southern Miss without using Ruffin. It's not that I don't respect what Southern Miss can do, it's just that I respect what UNC and ASU can do more, and you want your most fearless, most competitive guy on the mound in a game like that. Whether we win or lose tomorrow, game 2 is the most important game of the whole damn tournament, aside from the title clincher, because you're either fighting to stay alive or you're fighting to start 2-0 and force someone to beat you twice in a row.

4. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

The "save your ace for game two" theory is working out well for Cal State Fullerton, right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

I'd vote for Ruffin in Game 1 but all 3 our our pitchers are salty.

6. bassale47

bassale47 1,000+ Posts

Yeah, and if they had used their ace in this game and lost, where would they be on Monday? There are no guarantees.

7. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

Yeah, and if they had used their ace in this game and won, where would they be on Monday?

THE WINNER'S BRACKET.

You are right...there are no guarantees, but changing your pitching rotation for post season play is not smart. I think, because of today's loss, CSF is two and out. I did not have that feeling coming in.

[​IMG]