Guest Parking at Apartment

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by longhrnfan, Sep 11, 2007.

1. longhrnfan

longhrnfan 500+ Posts

So I live in Coconut Grove, FL in a smallish condo building (85 1 bedroom units). These units come with one covered parking space. I live alone, my girlfriend comes over a lot, but she does not sleep here.

There are TWO guest spots, one covered in the garage, and one just outside the garage.

The only other parking is metered parking on the road. (Here in Miami, you have to pay 7 days a week to park).

There is a couple that lives in the building that has two cars. They always strategically take the 1 guest spot (sometimes even both), to assure they never have to park on the street or make available the spot to guests.

I rent from the condo owner. It is very difficult to get anything done with the condo association (unless you have a pool party on the roof, and then they ***** you out for not getting a release).

These stupid university of Miami student-residents that take the guest parking are really starting to piss me off.

What am I supposed to do about this, if anything, if the condo association refuses to take a stand on the subject?

I want creative, mean responses.

2. TxArch

TxArch 250+ Posts

sugar in the gas tank?

3. Hellraiser97

Hellraiser97 500+ Posts

Several options:

1) If there is a time limit on the spots, call the tow truck the second they are over it.

2) as soon as they leave, park your car there. In fact ONLY park there if it is available.

3) Let the air out of all the tires, then report an abandoned vehicle to the tow service

4) Dog poop. Lots and lots of dog poop.

4. TexasEd

TexasEd 1,000+ Posts

park in the neighbor's space that has two cars.