Gulf Coast Showcase

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Nov 19, 2018.

1. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Ok, I see what you're saying now. And I agree with you. These freshmen look more ready. And good thing because they'll be needed. Sure would have been interesting to see what Sedona could do. One other thought about the freshmen. I wonder if it was more generally known among recruits that our freshmen were "players". Perhaps they worried that they might be behind someone else for 3 years?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Craig Way just said that there's a chance that Sedona might be back by mid season and that Joyner could be back within one or two weeks.

Sounds really good to me! :hookem2:

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Very cool to bring Craig on who can talk about several teams across conferences.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I bought the Championship Game.
    So I will try to give updates.
    Hookem'

• Like Like x 1
  5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

tied at 55 at the end of 3. These games today have been thrillers!

6. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Naismith committee, the one responsible for giving the highest award in college basketball, needs to pay closer attention. Those are Lashann and Joyner’s twitter handles.

7. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Michigan takes bronze with an 80-73 win over Washington. Another close game today. Hoping the Texas-Fordham shows the Horns pulling away early and staying ahead.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Both teams are shooting well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Texas goes to zone defense.

• Like Like x 3
  10. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

23-22 Fordham at the end of one on a last second trey from Cavanaugh. Hope Audrey is okay. Looks like she knocked knees when she fell down. Charli looks good.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Fordham 23 vs. Texas 22
    1st Quarter

12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Rams very deliberate. Horns' 2-1-2 giving them problems though. Good to see Audrey back in. Horns up by six.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Texas 36 vs. Fordham 25
    Sug really look good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

A 17-5 second quarter for Texas leaves them up by 11, 39-28. Sug has 12 pts and Jatarie 8. Sug is also the top rebounder with 4 while Audrey has two steals. Neither team has a blocked shot to their credit.

• Like Like x 3
  15. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Without Higgs both Sutton and Warren have really stepped up their play. Sug with the buckets and Warren with the disruptive defense. :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Littleton starting to feel like her old scoring self? Maybe. 10 points and 7 rebounds so far tonight.

• Like Like x 3
  17. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Horns win! 72-54 over Fordham. :bow::hookem3:

• Like Like x 5
  18. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Four players in double digits: Sug (17 pts), Jatarie (16 pts), Charli (11 pts) and Destiny (10 pts).

Every Horn scored and had at least two rebs. Sug and Destiny each were 2-4 from BTA.

Sug was named the MVP of the tournament and Jatarie was named to the All Tournament team.

• Like Like x 7
  19. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

I'm soooo proud of this team. Especially the freshmen. They aren't too quick to shoot, or look for anything for themselves...TEAM players!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

One final tuneup vs UTSA on Wed (an 11 AM game) before Horns host Miss. State on Dec. 2.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Littleton is getting a lot of confidence in her shot. Letting her handle the ball at the point is genius and is a confidence builder for her. She could be very dangerous before this year is over!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  22. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I feel for these ladies. Three games in three days only fly home late tonight and then play again early on Wednesday and then again against #5 Miss State on Saturday. Wow.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I think we had the three frosh on the floor for the last four minutes at least, maybe longer.

24. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Nice well-rounded performance. Everyone contributed. Dominance on the boards a huge factor. I love that our guard rebound. Still a few too many TOs, but really no complaints for a double-digit W

• Like Like x 3
  25. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

It is hard for me to decide whether to use the "like" or "agree" button on this post. I too am incredibly impressed by the freshmen. But I have to say also what a job Sutton did this weekend. She totally earned the outstanding player award.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  26. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Great job by the players and coaching staff. Really impressed with the way that the team has come together after dealing with Lashann’s injury. There’s obviously still areas that they need to improve on but great job by the players and Coaching staff.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

11 TOs is a bit too many? :yikes:
    Dang, you're strict! :smile1:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Danni is really struggling. This team's make up and the way teams guard her means she has to take her player off the dribble. Fordham was making her go to her right and this really made her uncomfortable. Aston is trying her best to set her up to succeed. She's a good defensive player and can rebound. She just has to get keep up her spirits and get settled in to her role on this team.

• Agree Agree x 4
  29. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I assume the Wednesday game is the Austin school kids game. That game is usually GA so you can be practically on the floor if you can make it.

• Like Like x 1
  30. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Yes, and hopefully Coach Aston can continue to look for/draw up plays that can get her good open looks. Running her off of good screens for catch and shoot opportunities etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1