Gundy Yanks more Texas HS ships

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by malageno, Jan 8, 2008.

1. malageno

malageno 25+ Posts

Gundy may be 40, but I don't know if he is a man when he keeps screwing high school kids out of their scholarships. He has dumped three more high school kids in addition to Spano and in addition to what he has done in the past to sign more JUCOs.

He is a desperate little man trying to win at all costs. What a dirt bag.Here is the quote from rivals and I checked their commit list and these guys were dumped.

2. kangsta

kangsta 500+ Posts

Bush league

3. wright11

wright11 25+ Posts

torbush

4. LightTheTower

LightTheTower 100+ Posts

Gundy will learn you don't mess with Texas HS Coaches. There will be a day of reckoning. As a Man, I expect him to welcome the criticism.

5. okhorns

okhorns 100+ Posts

confucius says he who bend others over shall be bent over himself.

6. watashi

watashi 250+ Posts

7. Truck's Son

Truck's Son 500+ Posts

I hope we continue to beat this dude every single season. I want to make him cry. We got them at DRK in 08 and I predict pain.

8. scallahorn

scallahorn 100+ Posts

what a tool.

Texas HS coaches have long memories...
    [​IMG]

9. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

What's the over on how much longer Gundy will be coaching at Okie State, anyway? T. Boone can't be very happy with the level of mediocrity currently demonstrated by the Pokes, what with all that money he is pouring into their facilities.

I think if things continue as they are, Gundy alienating Texas HS football coaches will become a moot issue.

10. Pancho Negro

Pancho Negro 250+ Posts

he was a poor hire to begin with. this does nothing but further prove that point.

11. GhostOfTomJoad

GhostOfTomJoad 500+ Posts

What's funny is that Okie State spent a lot of time & money in Texas w/ the football camps they started in Houston (before that was disallowed) doing everything they could to sell Okie State to the parents of inner-city kids as a safe haven where their boys would be looked after. Unless of course some JUCO player comes along & then their 'ship will be yanked.

Gundy's a tool. He's obviously under great pressure to win at least the Big XII south before Pickens keels over. $300 million donations come w/ plenty of strings attached. I've got a feeling that things are going to get real slimey in Stillwater over the next few years. I wonder if Gundy has called up his ol' WR Hart Lee Dykes and asked him for some recruiting tips yet.

12. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

He may be forty, but he ain't much of a man, treating his Texas commits this way. He's pretty underwhelming as a coach too. Smart coaches don't whiz off the high school coaches in their main source for recruits. I didn't think okie lite could do a whole lot worse than Miles when they moved Gundy up, but once again, I was wrong...

13. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

I know this has been discussed ad nauseum, but the whole "i'm a man" tirade was such a selfish contrivance.

It had nothing to do with protecting a kid on his team. It only made things worse for Bobby Reid because it drew more attention to his problems than there ever would have been otherwise.
    It was all about Gundy putting himself on a pedestal and saying "look at ME look at ME I'm a player's coach. Come play for ME" And then he threw Reid under a bus because he couldn't/wouldn't refute a single thing in the article.

And now this...

Man? hardly. I hope this slime-ball gets what's coming to him.

14. CrimsonHeaven

CrimsonHeaven < 25 Posts

Shilala is the first person since me to recognize what Mikey was doing.....................so shallow..;;;;;; so obvious.

15. 1leggedduck

1leggedduck 1,000+ Posts

T. Boone Moneybag has created an impossible situation for who ever coaches at OSU because the goal is to win the B12. The money spent and the facilities may be impressive, but you're still polishing a turd. When your watching a OCS home game on TV, and the cameras pull back from the stadium, there's that rusty water tower. Stillwater is no better than Lubbock, and at least Lubbock is closer to home for the Texas recruits. The money may get you a little higher in the rankings at the end of the season, but OSU will not consistently beat OU or Texas imho, unless they take some recruiting tips from some old SWC coaches you may remember. In fact, unless they buy some ubercoach who's willing to go there for huge $, I would be highly suspicious of any surge in Stillwater's attractivness to recruits. That "at all costs" mentality can be a *****.

16. Beef

Beef 100+ Posts

The Texas High School Coaches already know about this. There have been several threads on The Old Coach. Most are saying that do not want OSU in their schools.

17. pmg

pmg 1,000+ Posts

18. Stuck_At_Work

Stuck_At_Work 1,000+ Posts

19. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

20. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

yeah, lubbock is about the most inconvenient place in to get to in Texas unless you are from west texas.

real bad move by Gundy. really going to hurt him in the long run. i know it is a two sided issue, where the schools must honor early commitments when the athletes do not... but that is just the way it is. you can't offer kids and bail. it's just wrong.

21. 1leggedduck

1leggedduck 1,000+ Posts

Which part is untrue? The closer to Lubbock or the just as bad as Lubbock? I guess a lot of Texas is closer to Stillwater, geographicaly. I have lived in Lubbock, and have only been to Stillwater, but based on what I've seen I would go back to Lubbock over going to Stillwater. Given the chance, I'd rather play for Leach than Gundy.

22. pmg

pmg 1,000+ Posts

23. SINCE73

SINCE73 250+ Posts

having interest in both Stilly & Lubbock on business & college life I can say without prejudice that Stilly &#62; Lubbock.

24. Sooner-Tuf

Sooner-Tuf 1,000+ Posts

I'd live in Lubbock for forty years before I lived in Stillwater for forty days. There are no fans less knowledgeable and more annoying than poke fans. Thank god there aren't very many of them.

25. win1

win1 25+ Posts

News about this seems to come as a surprise on the Okie State U boards. They delete the threads so quickly that even the hint of it catches most of their posters by surprise. They don't know it has happened. Those who do seem to be happy with "It happens at TX too."

26. TSIP4LIFE

TSIP4LIFE 250+ Posts

" I want to talk about this post right here..if anybody hasn't read this post it was brought to me on hornfans.com..i think this is worth reading...i tell you why i want to talk about this post...3/4 this of this is innaccurate...it's fiction...and this article embarasses me to be involved in Texas highschool athletics...tremendously..this post has to be written by a person who does not have a child who plays football in Texas with a scholarship to OSU...and has never had a child who's scholarship was pulled one month before signing day..and had their heart broken and come home upset because they lost their scholarship..and have to deal with a child when they ARE upset...and kick a kid when he is down...here is all those kids did..they went to class, passed their SAT, worked hard, took their visit to stillwater, and did everything right..they were respectful to me, respectful to Boone Pickens, and respectful to the media...when you have a high school senior...you will understand one day..that article is not true..it's garbage..when you child walks down the hall..and has his schollie dropped..or the kids call him fat..and he comes home crying..you will understand...when you want to pull a schollie of one of my athletes you pull the one that doesn't do everything right..this article is garbage it not true...I am a man..I'm 40..I had a full scholarship..next time you want to pull a scholarship you pull mine..

27. ERhine

ERhine 250+ Posts

Gundy's a joke.

28. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

I know a guy who now plays at another D-1 school in Texas that was heavily recruited, then screwed over by Gundy during his recruitment. He doesn't have anything nice to say about OSU as a result.

It's probably irrelevant. I think Gundy gets fired after this year. [​IMG]

29. Hagy

Hagy 250+ Posts

OSU is in a tough spot.

30. killerfrog17

killerfrog17 250+ Posts