Gundy Yanks more Texas HS ships

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by malageno, Jan 8, 2008.

1. hooklahoma

hooklahoma 1,000+ Posts

Robert allen(OSU's recruiting guru) called a tulsa talk show on friday to give the ultimate spin on the situation. He never mentions the offer to the OU decommit and said the schollie yanks were due to "guys gundy thought were going to graduate, not graduating" What the hell that means I'll never know. What does graduating have to do w/ the end of someones athletic elegability? The host seemed speechless. I guess he didnt want to embarass a guy who was a regular guest on his show. Allen also added this gem........He said gundy was acually a good guy by telling him about the pulled scholly before he moved to campus, therefor "trapping" him at osu w/o any options and no scholarship. He inferred that other coaches pull that trick all the time. [​IMG]

2. GhostOfTomJoad

GhostOfTomJoad 500+ Posts

So I asked my okie state buddy about this latest situation w/ Gundy pulling schollies from these 3 kids and he was adamant that I'm A Man, I'm Forty! Gundy did not pull any scholarships. No sir. Garrett, Benford & Jones all still had scholarship offers. But what Gundy told them was that if they decided to honor their verbals & come to Stillwater after all, well...there wasn't any room for them on the depth chart & they wouldn't get any playing time. How's that for slimey?

Recruit kids for years, get early verbals from them, but then tell them a month before signing day that they're not needed & will never see if the field if they honor their verbal. Gee...thanks for being such a swell guy, coach Gundy. And with the superb blocking & stellar defense the pokes have exhibited it's obvious that they don't need an o-lineman (Garrett), a DE (Benford) or an LB (Jones). [​IMG]