Halloween costumer ideas

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by Duff_Man, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Duff_Man

Duff_Man Guest

Guys,
    Having trouble coming up with a decison on what to wear for Halloween. I would like to come up with something creative that would catch people off guard somewhat. Keeping it pop culture-related, I'm trying to think of people in sports, movies, music, television shows, or in the news who have been in the media. Last year, I remember seeing people dressed up as Sarah Palin and Michael Phelps last year but was wondering what were going to be some of the popular costumes this year.

In the past I've dressed up as Johnny Depp from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and Brad Pitt from Fight Club (robe and sunglasses scene).

Since I'm not the only poster here indecisive about costume ideas, maybe we can it open here for discussion.

Thanks............... [​IMG]

2. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

Hi, Billy Mays here. Are you tired of car scratches?

BTW, Halloweed sounds like a stoner holiday

3. STLHornFan

STLHornFan 25+ Posts

Kanye West

4. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

Friend of mine dressed up as AWESOME-0 from south park.
    you could get a gas station attendant uniform with "graham" on the name patch and be graham harrel.

5. Duff_Man

Duff_Man Guest

Yeah, I was thinking about a Billie Mays costume. Kanye West would be a good idea if it wasn't for my skin color.

Also worth considering:
    - wearing a snuggie
    - the guy who's the spokeman for the shamwow and food chopper

6. HornBud

HornBud 2,500+ Posts

7. Anyone know a web site where I can buy a Amadinejad mask? Maybe even Chavez or Castro?

8. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

How about the boy in the weather balloon? Don't know exactly how you would make the costume, though.

9. HornBud

HornBud 2,500+ Posts

^^ A giant inflatable silver disk (can buy mylar by the foot somewhere in Austin) wrapped around your body with a few friends following you with old fashion "Press" cards sticking out of hats and trench coats. Have one or two go as a helicopter as well.

10. wolfman

wolfman 1,000+ Posts

How about a Ted Williams costume?

[​IMG]

11. baylorbear245

baylorbear245 100+ Posts

Smilin' Bob from the Enzyte Commercial:

[​IMG]

12. Duff_Man

Duff_Man Guest

13. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

Buy wings, buy a pig nose, go as swine flu.

I think wearing a snuggie would be funny.

14. Barton Hills

Barton Hills 1,000+ Posts

Here is an idea we discussed at OU Weekend, after coming into contact with obnoxious Sooner fans:

Jorts
    Penciled on acne
    Eye black
    Arm sling
    #14 Oklahoma Sooner jersey

BOOM. Roasted.

15. J.R.69

J.R.69 250+ Posts

I have a pair of fake bear-paw slippers, complete with claws, that I wore as my "costume" a few years back.

I was "The Bearfoot Contestant".

I didn't win the contest. Nobody understood.

16. Kwisatz

Kwisatz 500+ Posts

17. LTDave

LTDave 25+ Posts

This isn't topical, but it is scatological, which trumps topical any day!

My wife and I go as a team. I am dressed as a soldier from the waist down - fatigues, boots, canteen, fake sidearm, with a plain black shirt.

She dresses as a soldier from the waist up - camo jacket, helmet, faae paint, with plain black pants.

We each wear a name tag - hers say 'upper GI' and mine says 'lower GI'.

We've done well in a few contests -try it out!

18. TexinID

TexinID 25+ Posts

Me...Bob Hope, Wife...a pocket book full of pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters.