Hamas Using Children As Human Shields

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by ousuxndallas, Jan 8, 2009.

1. ousuxndallas

ousuxndallas 500+ Posts

Such an oppressed group fighting for freedom. Not really. More like a bunch of anti-Semitic cowards.

Palestinian Cowards

2. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

That should read:
    "Hamas Using Children As Human Shields Again
    "

3. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

The American Left, whatever you imagine it to be, supports Hamas? Is that really what you want to think? Really?

4. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

I don't see that on this thread Roma. Where are you getting that thought?

I'll at least give you some ammunition to argue with others though. Jimmy Carter who plays a big role in the politics of the left is no friend of Israel. Cynthia McKinney echos the voice of some minorities who predominantly vote Dem. is no friend of Israel either. Does this mean that some parts of the liberal base support Hamas or at least empathize with Hamas? You tell me. Using what I said as a baseline, tell me why no others listen to Carter and no minorities have thoughts similar to Cynthia McKinney and her dad. Don't start talking about conservatives. They aren't in this discussion.

5. DeadHorse

DeadHorse 1,000+ Posts

Are you saying that Jimmy Carter and Cynthia McKinney are leaders of the American left? That's a stretch.

6. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

The post above addressed your broad brush absurdity of a point.

I get my point about the left from the post about the left and the Soviets. I assumed it was meant to be analogous to the situation in Israel, otherwise it's non sequitur.

Also, since when do you make rules about discussion or what I can write? Conservative conservative conservative [​IMG]

7. Anastasis

Anastasis 1,000+ Posts

8. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

What exactly does that video show? Are there suicide bombers? Yes. Are there corrupt, crazy people over there? Yes. But that video doesnt show jack. Even if those children in the video are going to be used as shields, does that mean that you go and blow them all up? Is that how hostage situations are handled? Well, the kidnappers are bad guys, so lets kill all the kids with them since they are "shields."

The talk of human shields the last week has taken a blow. The UN school that was bombed was claimed to have been used as a human shield. However, video shown on the news shows a guy fire a rocket launcher next to a building and then running away...

If that is what is deemed as human shield, then I dont know what to say. When UN schools, and UN convoys, who have given their coordinates to Israel so they arent bombed, are bombed anyway because a guy shoots a rocket outside and then runs across the street, that isnt Hamas' fault. You end up killing the civilians and the rocket dude ends up running from one building to the next. Gee, great job IDF.

You dont bomb a UN school that you know has civilians trying to avoid the violence. The whole reason why Israel has ground forces in Gaza, is to make sure these things dont happen.

Find a better video.

9. TahoeHorn

TahoeHorn 1,000+ Posts

If you had Child A fighting with Child B, and Child A attacked Child B while hiding behind Child C, and Child B hurt Child C while trying to get at Child A, how would you feel about each of your three children?

I'd whip the asses of both Child A and Child B. Then I'd tell Child A that I was going to whip his scrawny little *** like it had never been whipped before if he ever, ever, ever again involved Child C in his fight with Child B. Depending on how much he knew about Child C's presence and how badly that Child was hurt I might have some strong words for Child B too.

10. HornsHornsHorns

HornsHornsHorns 500+ Posts

The Link

And evidently they are fabricating --out of whole cloth -- propaganda out of those children who do die. Im shocked, Your Honor, shocked I tell ya.

11. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

12. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

13. Fievel121

Fievel121 2,500+ Posts

14. Anastasis

Anastasis 1,000+ Posts

Video clip 2, in all honesty, to me looks like the kid in the middle of the street has taken up a poor defensive position during a firefight, behind a lamppost. He looks rather clueless, clumsily exposing himself to gunfire. Note the defensive position of the other children against the short wall, completely covered from the firefight. This kid is taking cover behind a lamppost.

What I see there is a gunman running across the street, exposing himself to fire, grabbing the kid and moving him to relative safety, note the lack of defensive posturing in the group of people where the gunman drags the kid to. These people are out of the street, walking around in different directions, basically loitering. The kid seems better off with the group of people out of the middle of the street, rather than huddled behind a lamppost next to children in a clear defensive positioning behind a wall. If the gunman was using the child as a shield, he was doing a piss poor job of it, failing to protect his center mass and instead dragging the child behind him.

Of course, there are other interpretations of that video possible. Its a 5 second clip that provides no context. Its more a Rorschach test than anything else.

15. DCA_HORN

DCA_HORN 500+ Posts

Shocked. Next, you're gonna tell me OU is a bunch of cheaters.

16. 1901-1999

1901-1999 25+ Posts

the video is bogus.

Reminds me of

[​IMG]

17. 2003TexasGrad

"What?!?!?! Of course it is. Why on earth do you think he is firing from the school? He is using it as a ...........wait for it............. a shield. Any terrorist will realize that the IDF will, if possible, refrain from putting civilians in danger."

The school is a United Nations building. The IDF has been given coordinates for UN buildings, especially schools that are serving as shelters. So, what purpose does it serve to bomb it? How is it a shield when the guy firing the rocket flees the scene after shooting his rocket? Hes off to the next building. So who are you ending up killing? Him? Or how about the people who are in it?

Hamas didnt fire a missle into that building killing innocent civilians. Israel did. The human shield argument is poor and not valid. They know its a school and they have forces on the ground in the tens of thousands.

"Do you think they are firing from schools as some sort of extracurricular lesson for the kiddies?"

What kind of BS statement is this? This doesnt add anything to your argument or the conversation.

18. 2003TexasGrad

It would seem that some of you think that if someone takes a classroom full of kids hostage and then shoots at the cops from the window, killing a few in the process, that in order to eliminate the kidnapper/cop murderer, just bomb the classroom and if the kids die, its really his fault in the first place.

Its exactly the same thing as what you are suggesting.....

19. 2003TexasGrad

The Link

And thus the information war continues. CNN stands by the supposed faked video cited above. We will see what happens. Regardless, one video here or there does not the whole story make....

Similarly, a home video of a protester saying Jews should be put in ovens is but one angry person's opinion, at a protest no less. People on both sides are looking for every little thing to support their cause.

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Why is there still fighting in the Middle East?

Dont they know Obama was elected?
    Lay down your arms already.
    Group hug time.