Hamilton Shot Selection Flow Chart ...

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Barton Hills, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Barton Hills

Barton Hills 1,000+ Posts

I saw this on another site. After tonights game, and a few pops, I found it hysterical. If you can't get a laugh out of this you are wound too tight.

[​IMG]

2. number 1fan

number 1fan 25+ Posts

funny! [​IMG] unfortunately too true...

3. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

I took up for him on your earlier thread about this. Not so much this time.

4. Barton Hills

I stand by that original thread 173% ... flashes of brilliance, but overall a terrible decision maker.

5. texaszete

texaszete 100+ Posts

Was this a criticism of him during his HS days? I kind of remember someone posting about him being a ball hog, and everyone bashed that poster. It may have been a different player though...

6. scottnaustin

scottnaustin 25+ Posts

Hamilton is a question mark to me. He can light it up but he Always looks to shoot when he has the ball....often to the detriment of our offense.

I'd probably, however, get past that opinion immediately if he would shoot 70% FT and play 100% defense!

7. naphan

naphan 250+ Posts

Love the chart. Thanks for the laugh - I needed that!

8. dadrivr

dadrivr 25+ Posts

If it feels like leather, then it's going up!

9. bierce

bierce 1,000+ Posts

Hamilton is shooting more frequently than any Longhorn since Durant.

He has the lowest points per shot on the team of any player with more than 12 fg attempts (1.098). Brown is right next to him on that list (1.102).

Factor those numbers into your next rant against Barnes about not playing them enough.

10. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

What I see is a lack of a true point guard that can initiate the offense and distrubute the ball inside or find open outside shooters. So it seems the young guys (brown, Hamilton, Bradley), are more often than not, having to create their own shots. Hamilton had a great game against OSU so it wasn't a big suprise that he was going to jack it up as much as he did. He just wasn't hitting them like he did the game before. Too many fall-aways that came up short.

11. 2feathers

2feathers 250+ Posts

That guy must shoot balls in his sleep.

12. WhHorn

WhHorn 250+ Posts

Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the chart. That is so true!!!

13. BevoNation

BevoNation 500+ Posts

Funny chart. [​IMG]

14. GoHornsGo90

GoHornsGo90 1,000+ Posts

15. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

16. Aces_Full

Aces_Full 500+ Posts

I really have never seen more of a jacker than this guy. He's the definition of a bad shot. The 3 straight jack ups that he had in the 2nd half last night had me yelling at the TV to yank him. Instead he just gets a nice little tongue lashing from Barnes. If he takes a bad shot...sit his ***. That's the only way he's going to learn apparently.

17. 22 HORN

22 HORN 250+ Posts

As talented as Hamilton must be, he needs to sit (but that has already happened this season....what did he learn from that punisment) and understand the discipline and patience he needs on the court. Right now everyone is expecting him to shoot as soon as he can, shot or no shot. Hope he grows out of this soon and developes as expected when he was recruited.

18. vball

vball 250+ Posts

He's a volume shooter.

19. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

20. busterbrown16

busterbrown16 1,000+ Posts

I am going to stay positive regarding Hamilton.

21. Barton Hills