Hancock golf course #5

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by El_Guapo, Jan 2, 2008.

1. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

By defnition a "cut" shot has a "fade" ball flight. However since the objective being "cutting" around an object, motion not flight defines the actual shot as a "cut", or to "cut around an obstruction", thus a right to left cut shot, or '"cut draw" is an actual shot selection.

another possible theory is that I am full of ****.

2. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

On #5 I like to hit a punch shot with a 3 wood, but I try to hit it really high. This enables me to get a lot of top spin on the ball but it also has a lot of bite on it to keep it in the fairway.

If you hit it too close to the putting green there will be a little kid who will steal your ball and you'll have to pay fifty cents to get it back.

3. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

an even better question about Hancock...How do you get the old guy at the pro-shop to stop giving you Susan B. Anthony's?

4. Phil Conners

Phil Conners 100+ Posts

We always told Beasley (man in the clubhouse) that we played for Westlake H.S. and he let us play for $1.75. We were 22 and always had a cooler of beer on the course...don't know how he didn't catch on.

5. Praise of Folly

Praise of Folly 100+ Posts

6. AustinTejasFan

AustinTejasFan 1,000+ Posts

"it's Steve Darby who runs the clubhouse at Hancock"

fifty something white guy that graduated from austin reagan in '69?

7. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

Steve Darby is caucasion and is rarely seen. Beasley is the older african american gentleman who is almost always there during the week.