Hands still when they play The Eyes of Texas

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Bernard, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Bernard

Bernard 1,000+ Posts

I don't care what you do with your hat when they play the national anthem, just keep your horns up and your hand still when they play The Eyes of Texas. You only need to bend your elbow four or five times during the very last line, not for every single beat of the whole song.

That is all. [​IMG]

Bernard

2. LonghorninAustin

LonghorninAustin 1,000+ Posts

I agree it is best to keep one's hand up and still until the very end, but it really don't irk me like booing the other team when they enter the field or booing the Longhorn Band when they play the other team's school song. Oh. I firmly believe the only reason people leave their hats on duing the anthem is they forget.

3. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Agreed. It bothers me when people beat time with their horns. The only exception is at a baseball road game, when Scott Wilson "conducts" the a capella singing of The Eyes and has to beat time so everyone will stay together. But Scott's the only one who gets a pass on this from me, and then only at a baseball roadie.

4. bornalonghorn84

bornalonghorn84 100+ Posts

Completely agreed with the horns still! At some point, these new undergrads decided to f**k with long standing tradition! Also, horns up on PAT is ridiculous... a field goal for that matter, too!

5. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

This is starting to sound very aggy.

6. UTeric32

UTeric32 500+ Posts

Well someone should tell the team...

Looking at Godzillatron during the eyes, almost every player was moving their hand to the beat.

7. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

I have to agree, you people are starting to sound real Aggish!!

8. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

You know, we ought to have some sort of meeting before each game to show people how to do these sorts of things properly. Maybe we can have it take place at midnight.

9. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

I have been singing the Eyes of Texas since 1987, I never even noticed if I move my arm?! I still don't know and I have practiced it twice to see if I do.....

We should get some arm police, measure forearms and how much the arm moves during the Eyes of Texas!

10. Horn-N-LA

Horn-N-LA 1,000+ Posts

We need Harley Clark at another pep rally, to show us how to do it right! [​IMG]

11. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

12. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Absolutely do not move your arm! It would dishonor the thousands of Longhorns who have passed before us, many of whom are veterans of World Wars I and II, and trips to Fayetville, Arkansas. Have a little respect, would you?

13. Austin_Horn

Austin_Horn 100+ Posts

14. Bluepies

Bluepies Guest

I'm with the OP. Arm straight, horns high. None of this limp wrist bobbing crap.

15. jbentley0813

jbentley0813 100+ Posts

Bluepies put it best. Show some real respect. I can't believe this is such a controversial topic. I thought this was known among everyone other than the school kids that haven't had the time to grow up and learn better.

16. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable 250+ Posts

Why stop at a frozen arm position? I say we ban breathing during the song. Show some damn respect and refrain from oxygen intake.

Nitpicking arm movement? Jesus.

17. NativeTXchic

NativeTXchic 1,000+ Posts

Whatever happened to pep rallies?

Ahh... who am I kidding?!

18. BeatYaEasyEasy

BeatYaEasyEasy 250+ Posts

This is a legit post! I think a moving hook 'em during The Eyes is usually an indicator of a t-shirt fan.

19. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

20. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

21. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I just realized, from practicing to see what I do, that I sort of shimmy my arm. You know, like I was popping or breakin'. This is due to me having the flava.

22. daytonhorn

daytonhorn 500+ Posts

I look down my nose at arm movers. I really do. Are they so out of touch with what is happening that they cannot notice they're out of step (arm) with 97.5% of the others singing The Eyes. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

23. DrPepperHorn

DrPepperHorn 100+ Posts

I can't tell if you guys are actually serious, but if you are, wow. I'll do whatever I feel doing at that moment. I'm typically so overcome with emotion after a Longhorn win I do move my hand to the beat slightly. And no, I'm not a t-shirt fan. I hold a degree from the university and I'm a fourth-generation Longhorn. [​IMG]

24. goldenshowers

goldenshowers < 25 Posts

They should really ban these types of fans from the stadium for life if they are caught doing this. Who cares if we wouldn't be able to sell out the stadium if all of them are banned. They aren't real fans anyways (as alluded to by the "t-shirt" fan comment). I don't wanna see them.

25. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

This is the lamest thread I've ever seen. Who gives a **** if your hands are moving slightly to the music. Seriously?

26. orngblud

orngblud 1,000+ Posts

Hey....yeah....and while we're on the subject: I think the ground should stop shaking when there's an earthquake. I mean, OK!! WE GET IT!!! Earthquakes are scary!!! Can't buildings and bridges and stuff just fall down and injure and maim without all the movement back and forth? I think that would take some of the gayness out of earthquakes.

27. tjhooker

tjhooker 25+ Posts

Didn't everyone learn not to move your arm at fish camp?

28. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

This needn't be said, but just in case, on your way to the stadium where you will sing The Eyes without arm movement, don't step on the grass.

29. hot_c_win_horns

hot_c_win_horns 100+ Posts

HUMP IT HORNS!!!!! [​IMG]

30. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

I am against the arm moving as well. The arm should not move until the final 5 beats: "...Ga-briel Blows His Horn."

Those that do not know this are without a doubt t-shirt fans. I'm not impressed with your lone UT degree and 4 generations of UT graduation. I have TWO degrees from The University, and FIVE generations of UT-ness.

Keep the arm still, son.

(But do whatever you like during the national anthem, and please be sure to boo the other team, and our own team, at will)

(Sadly, I think some people may still take this post, and this thread, seriously...)