Hanging CD's on mirrors

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by El_Oso, Jan 13, 2008.

1. El_Oso

El_Oso 500+ Posts

Why does this still happen? You know, years ago when a CD player was still a luxury option in a car and you wanted poeple to knwo you had one in your car you could be cheesy enough to hang a disc on the mirror. My question is WHY IN THE BLUE f**k do some people still do this?

Is it some throw away CD they don't like listening to in the first place, thus they don't mind losing it out of their rotation? Or if it is one they listen to, why go to the trouble of hanging it if you're only going to take it down eventually? Or maybe they're too stupid to realize how dumb it looks? Kind of like someon ewho still wears leg warmers to work out!

2. VacantlyOccupied

VacantlyOccupied 500+ Posts

Maybe they like it.

3. TXHookem

TXHookem 1,000+ Posts

I have two CDs, my graduation tassel (from '89), a pine tree air freshner, half a dozen Longhorn Foundation tags and my Vuarnet Revos (with yellow neoprene sunglass straps) hanging from my rear view mirror. Chicks dig me.

4. TexasIsBetter

TexasIsBetter 100+ Posts

i've got black fuzzy dice with white dots. seriously.

5. FirstTimeLurker

FirstTimeLurker 100+ Posts

the original post is right, it's really ghetto-ish to do this. And that goes for anything hanging from the mirror.

6. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

I've got a pair of underwear hanging from my rear view mirror.

7. idigTexas

idigTexas 1,000+ Posts

I hang a variety of meats and cheeses from my rear view mirror. My ride smells like a deli.

8. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del 500+ Posts

9. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

If they are a pair of thongs, Mac, that means you have a pair of rear view undies hanging from your rear view mirror?

10. DoobieWah

DoobieWah 500+ Posts

Linkerino

It's supposed to fool radar detectors.

[​IMG]

11. kangsta

kangsta 500+ Posts

in cars with a system the CD vibrates like a mother. It is clearly visible to anyone. It may be to show off the bass.

Deafening bass seems to have been a fad though. I used to hear it all the time, and now i rarely do and i love in Houston.

12. FirstTimeLurker

13. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

14. FirstTimeLurker

if you wrap your car with fur (faux), will radar detectors be fooled?

15. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Probably not but you sir, would be pimp as ****!!! Phat even. Maybe even fly.

16. jmatt

jmatt 1,000+ Posts

I always thought hanging a CD from the mirror meant you were gay.

Or a hooker.

Maybe it was both?

17. flaco

flaco 500+ Posts

I still rock the feathered roach clips.

18. hobbs4heisman

hobbs4heisman 100+ Posts

judging from the job sites I work on, hanging a cd from your rear view mirror doesn't mean you are gay. It means you are a mexican

19. jmatt

jmatt 1,000+ Posts

So you work with gay mexican hookers?

20. FirstTimeLurker

if it's a dual layer DVD, you are bi

21. coachkiss

coachkiss 250+ Posts

I also think it is a Mexican thing. I thought it started with Selena.

I was pretty sure that the two best ways to honor Selena (at one point in time) was to hang her CD from your mirror and to put a pencil sketch that one of your family members drew in a frame on the kitchen wall.

Maybe I'm wrong.

22. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del 500+ Posts

I thought it was to invite stereo theft.

23. campwillben

campwillben 100+ Posts

****, i'm mexican, but i don't have a cd haging from my rear view mirror. i thought my last name in old english lettering on my back window would let everybody know that.

palabra.

24. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

I'm also Mexican, but I don't hang CDs on my mirror or put my familia's last name on the back window in Olde English to let everybody know my ethnicity.

Instead, I had some vato airbrush the Dallas skyline on the trunk. Right next to my "La Recuerda" radio station sticker.

25. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

Silly me, I just drive a minivan to identify myself as whitebread.

26. hobbs4heisman

hobbs4heisman 100+ Posts

sometimes I want to be a mexican so I went ahead and had an airbrushed painting of a topless mermaid laying on the playa next to my truck, put on my tailgate

27. William Cannon

William Cannon 250+ Posts

28. bigup2dahorns

bigup2dahorns 250+ Posts

i'll take what would a cholo do for 500 alex