Hangover III

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by CanaTigers, May 24, 2013.

1. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

It stayed true to theme and you could see just about everything coming long before it got there. But it was still funny and if this is truly the end it was time.

2. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I see that it's really getting panned by critics and while I don't put a lot of faith in them, a consensus negative opinion of a film usually makes me wait until it's on cable. But then I couldn't even finish Hangover II on cable.

Apparently there was such a negative stigma regarding Hangover II, that the film makers decided to make a totally different type film with Hangover III, but it just ended up sucking in a different way.

I'm sure it will make a billion dollars though, which can be attributed to marketing and the targeted audience, rather than the film's quality - or lack thereof.

3. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

4. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

It's very sad that the studios won't take chances with different types of movies anymore. They want only what is tried and true and won't vary until the golden goose dies.

I watched Thunderbolt and Lightfoot last night on cable and lamented that such movies as that just won't get made on the studio dime anymore. The scale is too small and there is no chance of a sequel.

5. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

What a waste of money. There were laughs throughout, but at the end I was wondering why I wasted my time. The best part was the clip in the credits. Now that about made me wet myself.

6. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

7. arieshorn

arieshorn 1,000+ Posts

I saw it too. More of the same formula. Maybe I'm getting old because my humor meter has shifted in the opposite direction. I used to love these kinds of movies, Now it's just bland. I can't think of the last great comedy I've seen. [​IMG]