Happy Birthday.........

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by LousianaHorn, Mar 29, 2021.

1. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

to the one and only Tyler Rose.................66 years young today!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

ALWAYS WORTH A WATCH !!!

I RE-WATCHED MYSELF, I'M ALWAYS AMAZED HOW HARD HE RAN, HOW HE PUNISHED TACKLERS AND IT FREQUENTLY TOOK 2-4 PEOPLE GANG TACKLING TO BRING HIM DOWN.

THE BEST !!! :bow:

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  3. Vino Bevo

Vino Bevo Wine - how classy people get drunk

When he had his restaurant on 6th Street I took my nephew, who was about 12 at the time, there for a meal before a home game. While we were eating Earl walked in with one of his boys and sat down. My nephew knew the name and the legend but didn't the man who just walked in was that guy, and when I told him Earl Campbell just walked in his eyes got real wide. I told him go say hi and of course he was sheepish at first but after some prodding he got the nerve up and walked over.

Earl could not have been more kind - he spoke with my nephew for quite a while, asking him questions and generally making him feel pretty special. When he asked Earl for an autograph, he didn't have anything for him to write on and looked over at me. I motioned to the Texas Football t-shirt he was wearing and in the end, Earl signed his shirt across the front just like where "TEXAS" is on the jerseys today. My nephew, who now has a son of his own, still has that jersey in a shadow box on the wall. What a great memory for a kid, and what a tremendous person whose legacy goes WAY beyond his accomplishments on the field.

Happy birthday big guy, and Hook'em!

:hookem2:

• Like Like x 5
  4. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

check out Earl's cool wheels!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

said he spent the day cruisin' in his '37 Chevy!

[​IMG]