HARD KNOCKS - UT Edition...well, sort of...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by RainH2burntO, Sep 10, 2019.

1. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I was disappointed in and thought shooting the cannon through a Joe Burrow jersey was a bad idea when I first heard it...now even more so.
    JBs response on what he thought of it:
    Per 247 article
    “I wasn’t really ticked off. I just thought it was super weird,” Burrow said. “And I wanted to go and hang 400 on ‘em after that.”

I just thought it was low class...but looked like it was a little fuel, too smh

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Just to note. The shooting of an opponent QB jersey was stupid, won't be repeated and is not
    a time honored tradition.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  3. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

167, we can agree on one thing: That LSU won the game.

I stand by my observations above.

LSU returned 8 starters on each side of the ball. I think we returned 4 on defense. So yes, your defense was supposed to be better than ours. But was it? We stunk on D but Sam — with a depleted running attack— got pretty much everything he wanted on O last Saturday night.

Your “all-world” players on D we’re pretty much neutralized. And Delpit was abused by our slot receiver. Watch the film if you don’t believe it.

But yes, LSU won the game.

Let’s see if you can rationally dispute any of the following statements:

Your fans were calling, texting and threatening Sam, Tom Herman, his wife (with vulgarities), and with death threats to our strength coach who, by the way, is black. Are you proud?

Your coach instructed his players to cheat by faking injuries.

Your coach lied about the AC issue in your locker room.

Your coach lied when he claimed that La Tech had told LSU that there was an issue with the AC in the visitors locker room.

Your culture at LSU is contaminated with a low IQ trailer trash component that apparently extends to your head coach.

While every school has it’s bad apples, you will never see such disgusting, lowlife behavior coming from Texas. Tom Herman and Chris Del Conte would never allow it, nor would the vast majority (probably 99% plus) of our fan base.

So be proud of your victory if you’d like. To me it’s tainted, and your program is certainly nothing to be proud of.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Dukesteer,
    :bevo: :headbang:well said.
    One more point. Most Horn posters on here were were congratulating LSU on win after the game and wishing them good luck rest of season
    NOT calling any LSU staff threatening death.

5. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

I don’t have time to call Ed O much less threaten him. Why would I want to do that? How does it help me or Texas? It won’t win us the game. Text Joe Burrow? Why? Again does me no good, does Texas no good. I have been married for decades I’m raising two kids. I have employees and I pay my taxes. I have no need to text or call opposing football teams. It is a waste of my time. Gotta go, back to work!

It’s likely I speak for 99.9% of Longhorn fans. Details not withstanding.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Yancey McKnight is not black. Other than that, dukesteer, good post.

• Hot Hot x 1
  7. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Whoops. Thanks.

8. 167back

167back 100+ Posts

LSU did return eight starters on both sides of the ball. But that "all world defense" you referred too, how bout you confer with the "all world UT fan" Mr Bill that proclaimed the horns to have the better DC, DL, DBs, OL, RBs, WRs and QB and better overall coaching staff. Plus that great home crowd. All that and LSU still won the game. Geaux figure.

That LSU "D" was so neturalized that they basically shut out UT in the first half. Twice the horns had first and goal and ZERO pts to show for it, not even a FG. Great execution and coaching there. In the second half horns had to have 19 play drives to score.

Pretty sure sam would have wanted a few more points. Plus at least a FEW stops by Mr Bills best "D" on the field.

As for all those fake injuries well, to really sell it LSU had FOUR defensive starters that were hurt last week sit out last nights game.

I don't support what those fans did, not at all. I didn't contribute to it. I can't stop it. I do like how you reference a coach as being black though. It has no relevance to situation. Guess you were just trying to make a better point. Real classy putting ALL the tigers fans and the GBTL in upper deck. Plus UT fans throwing stuff at the LSU bench.

You are right though LSU did WIN the game. LSU coaching staff outcoached UT. LSU "D" made UT work for every point they scored. Horns had to go on 19 play drive to score. That did severely knock the tiger defense on its *** though. LSU skullfricked that horns "D".

Here's the kicker. At no point from UTs last possession of first half to nothing but 0:00s on the game clock did the UT offense take the field with a chance to take the lead or at least tie it. Tigers always had a two score lead.

9. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

167, by most accounts, 19 play drives for touchdowns are considered dominance. You can’t do that unless one team is dominating the other. We dominated your all-world defense for much of the game. And, the touchdown pass drop was a gift. It had nothing to do with your defensive effort.

Again, you won the game. But how a “fair minded and objective” LSU fan can be proud of your program, coach and culture defies logic for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Don’t like that fans threw things at LSU bench, don’t like that at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. 167back

167back 100+ Posts

A 19 play drive means your offense had to fight for every inch. Scoring multiple TDs on three minutes or less drives is dominating.

total offense
    LSU 573 yds
    UT 530 yds

avg per play
    LSU 8.4 yds
    UT 6.2 yds

avg per pass att
    LSU 12.1 yds
    UT 8.5 yds

avg per pass compl
    LSU 15.2 yds
    UT 12.8 yds

I totally get your point about the horns dominating the game.

So glad that UT "D" was designed and built to stop those HUNH offenses.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  12. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

No, a 19 play drive means that you dominated the LOF, ate clock, kept an explosive offense off the field and rested your young and inexperienced defense. It’s Football 101, and it was ideal.

Yes, I know. LSU won the game and the rest didn’t help our defense. I get it. But the offensive plan worked to perfection.

13. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

True...totally agree. But let's say this...we saw things we havent seen before...even with arch rivals. LSU pushed things way too far...the lead up to the game, pre game, during the game, and after the game. Me thinks they had it coming...and then some. In retrospect, we should have turned the A/C off in their locker room.
    :yes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I agree. Hate to think fans threw things at LSU bench.Should never happen.
    I missed reading about that. Is there an account of that somewhere?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Yes, that was pretty ridiculous, and I said so in the thread. But there were equal amount of equally ridiculous LSU fans predicting 30-point blowouts. In fact on "neutral" boards I saw quite a bit of the following after the game from LSU folks: stuff like "Good game, Horns, that was a fight to the very end, didn't see that coming", or "Wow, glad we won that, I didn't realize Texas was legit".

So, on the one hand, I'll never complain about someone handling a win well and congratulating the opponents for a good game. On the other hand, they were definitely showing their bias/ignorance if they had no idea before the game that Texas was actually a good team.

What's the big deal? People do this to us, we don't whine. Nobody else whines about it to us either. LSU has, no exaggeration, moan and cried more about the seating than every other team we've played, plus ourselves, all put together.

The hilarious things are the "threats" to return fire. The "Oh yeah, well we're gonna put your band in our upper deck too! Ha! See you how like it then!" And I'm like ... ok, that's fine, you have the right to do that and I won't have any issue with it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I am only aware of water being thrown towards the bench, not objects like bottles, etc. as a response to the cramping. I could be wrong though.

17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

mc
    Shows what kind compassionate people our fans are. It was so HOT the fans were just trying to keep the players cool.:headbang:

18. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I have to say those upper deck seats are sooo much better than the behind the end zone sideline seats other teams give out (insert aggies) to opponents. You actually have a great view of field from up there.

19. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

:lmao:

Yah You all were in control the whole time! Just doing the rope a dope here I guess: .

We may have got the TD but at what cost? I bet our OL wanted no more of THAT. You had us right where you wanted us st that point.