Has anyone received their TRUE reservation time?

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by BananaChipBettor, May 13, 2015.

1. BananaChipBettor

BananaChipBettor 100+ Posts

The emails for your parking and upgrade selection times were supposed to be sent out on the 11th. The website (thelonghornfoundation.com) calendar was updated to show the 12th. When the 12th came and went, I started to wonder what was going on. I called today and was told they were going to send them out later in the day, but I still haven't received a thing.

Has anyone here received their selection day and time?

2. JohnnyYuma

JohnnyYuma 500+ Posts

As of Thursday..NOTHING!!!

3. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

LHF told me after the 15th (of May)

4. BananaChipBettor

I just got the email.

5. JohnnyYuma

JohnnyYuma 500+ Posts

Got mine. I have a feeling this will be totally f'd up.

6. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Got mine. Selection date and time: 5/30/2015 at 3:25 PM

Not that I know if that is good, bad or what?

7. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Starting next week you will be able to enter the venue to test out the tool. There will be a set of instructions and a helpful video to guide you through your selection process. We recommend you familiarize yourself with the tool prior to your selection time.

Visit TexasSports.com/selectseats for detailed instructions.

8. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

June 6th at 4:45pm. I will be in the middle of my commute home.

I cannot imagine the complete incompetence of this "parking pass" plan. I am sure it was developed by three monkeys and a rock.

Just off the top of my head, wouldn't have been easier on everyone(including Belmont) to order parking when completing the season ticket order? The initial application should have had parking options (with cost) with ability to pick choices in order. Once the donation deadline passed, simply award them in order like an away game by donation level and collect the money.

Years and years of the simplicity of receiving parking passes by donation level with the tickets and now we have to put up with the mickey mouse crap of "contact us at 4:45Pm on June 6th to order your tickets". And doing that tens of thousands of times in order of donation?

• Like Like x 1
  9. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

In reading the information linked above it looks to me that parking pass selection/payment is coupled with the opportunity to upgrade your seat locations within your seat price point or to move to a higher price point.

Upgrading is the emphasis not parking selection.

http://texassports.com/sports/2014/12/11/tickets_1211145859.aspx

Ticket Relocation and Upgrade Experience: Texas TRUE

Parking is just an added step.

10. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

Anyone want to guess the number differential between season ticket upgrades and parking pass orders? Why would parking ever be tied to upgrades instead of season ticket sales? Why in the world would season ticket holders be forced to pay for parking and tickets separately? And why should season ticket holders be subjected to a dog and pony show to order parking passes. "Your time to order is June 6 at 4:45pm and don't be late as the 5:00pm and 5:15pm selectors will pass you up". Morons.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TXLonghorndad

TXLonghorndad 100+ Posts

May 29th - afternoon.

12. JohnnyYuma

JohnnyYuma 500+ Posts

High roller!

• Like Like x 1
  13. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

June 5th 3:45AM

This really sucks!

14. TXLonghorndad

TXLonghorndad 100+ Posts

When does this begin?

15. laidbackhorn

laidbackhorn 25+ Posts

Glad I didn't get a time in the middle of the night!! Sorry BevoJoe...

16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Okay, I think I have finally figured out why I am not getting notices from the Athletics dept (for parking or even earlier for season tickets). In the new Foundation website, it asks for your preference in how to be notified. For some reason, phone was selected instead of email. With no phone number listed, how could they contact me?

17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

At least you got contacted. I probably missed my slot.

18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

First, the point calculation was wrong. Second, I didn't get an email for season ticket renewal. Third, the mailing was weeks late (plus the numbers didn't match what was on the website in terms of required donation). Fourth, I likely missed my time slot. This really sucks.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  19. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I was able to clarify a lot of the info through the Athletics Dept. and the Ticket Office.

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I did too for the season ticket renewal, but I didn't appreciate the hassle. Just insult to injury for the higher prices (Including parking).

21. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

BTW, I did get a better time slot after getting after them...11am on June 5th. The other was passed off as a "misprint". Yeah right...

22. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

So my time was May 30 @ 3:25 pm. Log on was easy and the email gave me the passcode.
    The seat selection process was easy to navigate and seats that were available near mine were shown clearly with ticket price and donation amount. So to move down 10 rows would cost $200 more per ticket in donation.
    We planned to keep the same seats but it was interesting to see seats that were available but at a higher price.
    Parking was easy also. Cursor over a lot and all Pink lots were sold out, Navy Blue and Dedman Garage were available at $195 for 6 games. Green over by Disch (old #103/104) were $150 or $25 per game.

So same seats, better parking and the same donation than I paid last year for this year. Cost of increase $215 or $9 per ticket per game.

23. TXLonghorndad

TXLonghorndad 100+ Posts

My date was yesterday and all went well until I added my parking choice to my cart. System froze at that point and I had to call the LHF for staff to manually finish the process for me.

What stood out to me was the number of seats on the West Side Upper Deck available for purchase. Don't know how it compares to previous seasons, but it wasn't pretty. I could also see how many seats around me were now available for sale. Looks like a lot of season ticket holders have given up their seats as promised.

24. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

I had trouble with seeing the confirmation button below the selections for parking, seats and final review.
    Called LHF to find out what to do and while on hold I reduced my screen to 75% and it was now visible.

25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

To close the loop, I finally got my window slot after I fixed my contact setting and sent an e-mail to Belmont.

26. pluckeye

pluckeye 250+ Posts

I missed my window last week, as I never saw the email. You are able to go through the process any time after your window. The system worked OK for me earlier this evening, but it was a bit cumbersome to figure out. And, I don't understand why it wasn't a single process to select everything when you ordered tickets. (At least the tickets and parking; upgrading seats clearly needed to happen after the first deadline had passed, otherwise they wouldn't know which season ticket holders didn't renew)

• Like Like x 1
  27. TXLonghorndad

TXLonghorndad 100+ Posts

That may have been my problem also - I increase my screen size to help these tired old eyes.

28. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Win - On the email with the date, passcode and PIN was a link that took me to the page.
    In the top left corned was a blank space for the member # and seat selection PIN.
    Then a login button.

• Like Like x 1
  29. BananaChipBettor

30. Win

Win 100+ Posts

Pecos Bill and BananaChip - Thanks for responding! I thought I deleted my post but I guess you all saw my cry for help. I eventually found the link to login. I was skimmed the page where the tutorial video was too fast to see it.