Has Jordan Whittington ...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by 1963_Frosh, Sep 12, 2019.

1. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Seriously, this is a very odd and concerning situation. I have to wonder what JW and his family is thinking.

How often does a HC tell the press over many consecutive weeks that the player will likely be ready “next week?” And it’s not like TH to be unrealistic in such discussions. At least I don’t think so.

I suspect that all the measurables — like the MRI — revealed nothing unusual as he prepared to play after the second procedure. It’s up to the patient to disclose what issues he is having. Perhaps JW either didn’t do so...which would be understandable because he’s not a doctor and he had been “fixed” twice, or he did and Texas prepped him to return assuming that some post surgery discomfort was normal.

Like I said, pretty odd.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

From what has been made public, the issue is the first surgery. Seems he went through preseason with no issues, then gets in the LaTech game and is shut down.

3. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

4. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Last years’ high ranked recruiting class has been kind of snake bit. The two most explosive players, Bru McCoy and Whittington, didn’t help at all. The Georgia running back fell ill. Sheesh!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

I don’t think anyone disputes that statement. Still unfortunate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

All the best for a full/complete recovery, however long it may take.

• Like Like x 3
  8. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Just have to wish him the best regardless.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1