Has McCain Won A Southern State Yet?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by naijahorn, Feb 5, 2008.

1. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

Dang.

This is just weird to watch. The man might be marching to the nomination, but the real drama might come after that is done with.

2. ousuxndallas

ousuxndallas 500+ Posts

Nah...the south will be solidly behind the Republican, no matter the choice.

This is more of a message to the McCain campaign: stop being a tax raising liberal, and get with the conservative side of the party!

McCain = Bob Dole circa '96

3. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

A bit surprising he couldn't beat out Romney and Huckabee in a couple of those states.

4. tropheus

tropheus 1,000+ Posts

today proved McCain cannot win without a southern social conservative as VP. it also proved that Rush Limbaugh and other Republican talking heads can't get the social conservatives to vote for who they want, Romney. I thought McCain could easily beat Clinton, but with the lackluster performance in the South, I'm not so sure the Clinton hate alone (which is all he would have) can carry him through.

The issue with the South isn't whether it goes Red or not, but how much cash will have to be spent to prevent close calls in states like Georgia, Tennessee, Missouri (not exactly Southern, but conservative) and Arkansas. That would put McCain on the defensive, which he can't afford with his party owning the White House with one of the most loathed Presidents we've seen in sometime.

5. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

I guess he did win Tenn.

6. tropheus

tropheus 1,000+ Posts

and Florida, even though that's only partly seen as Sourthern.

7. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

Florida doesn't count. And I was talking about tonight only.

8. tropheus

tropheus 1,000+ Posts

9. RabidLonghorn

RabidLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

GOP will not win and it doesnot matter who the Dem is.

10. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

Actually Huckabee won Tennessee I thought.

I still think McCain will be the next President, but could Huckabee have made himself the VP tonight?

The biggest shock of all is the no-show by Romney thus far.

11. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

McCain has won Oklahoma though, which is kinda surprising.

12. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

13. TXBabe97

TXBabe97 250+ Posts

14. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

I am not sure you call this anything but a complete disaster for Romney and a small disaster for McCain. I am sure he though he would win a few of these Huckabee states.

I am not sure Huckabee can catch him but it looks like it is down to him and McCain.

15. Saint Austin

Saint Austin 25+ Posts

You all are forgetting South Carolina too.