Hat off to some liberal Texas Exes

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by 2222Horn, Nov 5, 2008.

1. 2222Horn

2222Horn 100+ Posts

To all my classmates from UT that I've kept in touch with and for all the work they put in the past year. We spread out after graduating from UT, went out to do bigger and better things but never lost part of idealism that we had back in college (even during the Bush years). We lived through when Clayton Williams told rape victims to "lie back and enjoy it" in college. We fought for different causes over the last 15 years: lobbied and fought for victims' rights, for stem cell research, against the torture memo. A lot of us have taught or are still teaching in college. We're white, black, Latino and Asian.

Can you believe it happened?!? Wow!

Paul (Yale Neuro)
    Jessica (Yale Med)
    JP (Stanford GSB)
    Mary (Columbia English Phd)
    Audranne (Yale Law)
    Brent (UT Law)
    Sharon (Baylor Med)
    Chris (Yale History)
    Scott (UVA Law)
    Steve (Yale Law)
    Kerry (Georgetown Law)
    Natalie (Harvard Kennedy)

Liberals in a state where being liberal wasn't cool.

On the other side--the folks that mock us:

Mark Steyn (Canadian, no college degree)
    Glenn Beck (ex alchoholic, no college degree)
    Rush Limbaugh (little drug issue, no college degree)
    Matt Drudge (341/365 in high school, no college degree)
    Sean Hannity (no college degree)

2. ousuxndallas

ousuxndallas 500+ Posts

Ironic that the ones with no college degrees make so much more than the "liberals" who went to law school, huh?

So, I guess you lose.

3. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

Nice logic. It's fitting that "sux" is in your user name.

4. Austintxusa

Austintxusa 2,500+ Posts

Sux is descriptive of his life. I guess "bitter" was taken.

5. Michael Knight

Michael Knight 1,000+ Posts

Larry the Cable Guy makes more than all of them , so I guess we all lose

6. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

Sorry but Rush, Sean et al make a huge positive impact on a hell of a lot more people than you elitists. [​IMG]

7. EuroHorn

EuroHorn 2,500+ Posts

Nice to see that you can succeed in our country without a college degree. Gotta love that..

8. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

You don't need a degree to be successful, but I certainly value mine.

ousux, you're kind of rude man.

Original poster, come on, it's not hard to be a liberal in Austin. [​IMG]

9. UT Spring Branch

UT Spring Branch 500+ Posts

What a stupid original post - why should we care about these people that we don't know.

Act like you have won the Presidency before - don't act like Texas Tech

10. ousuxndallas

ousuxndallas 500+ Posts

Just having a little fun. If I offended, I apologize.

11. HornBud

HornBud 2,500+ Posts

stupid ******* OP, and several stupid ******* responses.

12. DCA_HORN

DCA_HORN 500+ Posts

Did you forget Texas Ex (no degree) Michael Dell who has done arguably more for the greater Austin area than anyone in the last 20 years?

13. HornBud

HornBud 2,500+ Posts

Dell's different, he had the ability to college, but was losing too much money by going to class.

14. Jethro

Jethro 25+ Posts

15. fratboy_legend

fratboy_legend 500+ Posts

serious question: at which world renowned law, medical, business or public policy school do you teach?

16. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

texas_ex here...BA Economics '00 and Yale MBA '07. Also Lieutenant USN '01-'05 with two combat deployments to Iraq.

2222...I can't believe you're such an elitist. We all, pubs and dems, want our kids to go to the best schools, get a great education, exercise their intellect, and become cultured. Unfortunately, your post is a prime example that they don't teach good ole fashion character in those elite institutions of learning. My mom and dad didn't go to a fancy ivy league school, but they taught me humility, respect, hospitality, compassion, and hard work. My dad would be rolling over in his grave if he heard me flaunting my degrees to others after a victory like this. It's this elitist **** that polarizes the country and screws everything up in the first place.

Have some class.

17. brntorng

brntorng 2,500+ Posts

The worst hire I've made over the years was from the Ivy League. Smart, but lazy. The best hire had degrees from a JuCo, A&M, and OU. Having hired and managed many professionals over the years I've learned that alma maters and degrees have no correlation to work ethic, judgment, disposition, and accomplishment in the work place. Also, studies have shown that after 20 years a person with a state university degree makes more than a person from the Ivy League. Sorry, but I'm just not impressed 2222Horn. You have, however, reinforced my impression of liberal elitists. Congratulations.

18. North Beach Horn

North Beach Horn 250+ Posts

19. Horn-N-LA

Horn-N-LA 1,000+ Posts

My dad has no college degree, barely a hs diploma. Worked his way up as a programmer at The University and then on to a programmer and systems analyst at IBM. I guess he's a loser too huh?

I'd argue he's done more for this country than you and your elitist do-gooders combined. And I'd be right. Get off your high horse and like the poster above, act like you've been there before. Or at least try and have some class.

20. brntorng

brntorng 2,500+ Posts

21. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

Have y'all got the smugness out of your systems yet? Your guy won. Whopdee doo. Now let's see if anything really changes in that cesspool we call a capitol.

22. swc.lives.on

swc.lives.on 500+ Posts

I find the OP to be entirely self-congratulatory and inaccurate ( Rush and Sean and the rest of those people that I've never heard of didn't mock you personally).

2222 you belong on Facebook or someplace where you can hang out with "friends" or whatever that system is. Personally, I'm not interested in hearing about what geniuses you and your friends are. And that's coming from someone who voted for Obama and is getting more liberal every day. As smart as you are, you should know that access to education is an advantage, not a demonstration of moral superiority.

23. Sooner-Tuf

Sooner-Tuf 1,000+ Posts

24. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

looks like a lot on that list went to the same schools as GWB. Hmmmmm

If you really want to be a free thinker and march to a different drummer at The University, join the Young Conservatives. It's a real risk for your academic career.

25. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

Some of the smartest and most interesting folks I know never took a college class and they're sure as hell more interesting than the OP's boorish ***.

26. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

Ahhh, lot's more liberal lawers coming through the pipeline. A wonderful contribution they'll make to society, I'm certain. [​IMG]

27. GT WT

GT WT 1,000+ Posts

When did conservatives become anti-intellectual? When did you start getting your political direction from a set of under-educated radio voices? When did you begin preferring Sarah Palin to Barry Goldwater and Willaim Buckley?

[​IMG]

28. Brick Top

Brick Top 25+ Posts

Where did 2222 go?

29. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

I'm not anti-intellectual, I'm anti-douche bag.

30. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts