Hauling Off Rocks

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by mars, Apr 19, 2006.

1. mars

mars 100+ Posts

I have a large pile of heavy rocks on the side of my house and an old shed that I would like removed from the property. Can anyone recommend a company in Austin that will haul this stuff off without charging a fortune? Thanks.

2. WooHorn

WooHorn 250+ Posts

Peaople will haul it off for free if you post it on Craigslist, I'll bet.

3. Horn9497

Horn9497 100+ Posts

Someone on here suggested Dirty Work Hauling for somthing similar a while back. I haven't used them yet but plan to. www.dirtyworkhauling.com

4. plimon

plimon 25+ Posts

5. tropheus

tropheus 1,000+ Posts

If the rocks are useful, try craigslist free board -- I had 2/3 of a pallet of grass to give away and I listed it for free on craigslist -- in 30 minutes I had 80 emails and the grass was physically gone from my driveway.

6. mars

mars 100+ Posts

Thanks guys. I have had people at my work come and pick up some of them, but there are still a lot left. I'll see if I can unload them for free.

7. blacklab

blacklab 250+ Posts

can you take a picture of the rocks?
    I need some for my pond and may come get them if they look right.

8. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

Blacklab-- There is a rubble pile in that empty lot next to my house-- That's where LHF68 and I got all of the rocks for our pound.

9. horn4life

horn4life 500+ Posts

I was going to say "build a pond!'

10. mars

mars 100+ Posts

Yes, I can take a picture... They are basic white rocks of all shapes and sizes-- nothing cut.

11. unpaintedhuffhines

unpaintedhuffhines 1,000+ Posts

I had Dirty Work remove some concrete from our yard 2 weeks ago. Guys are quick and inexpensive. If you can't get rid of it for free, this is money well spent

12. blacklab

blacklab 250+ Posts

Smurfette, I need them for my pond. My dogs are well behaved, I don't need a pound.

[​IMG]