Have you been Vaccinated?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Creek, Aug 17, 2021.

?

Have you been Vaccinated?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    61.3%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    35.5%
  3. Partial

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Why? Or Why not?

2. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Balance of risks and efficacy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Balance of risks and efficacy. I'm plagiarizing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

No.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I look at risks, weigh those against the efficacy of the shot, and make my choice from there.

I am also plagiarizing, but I am hiding it better via obfuscation.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  6. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Under the assumption that Vax percentages in the US are juiced and not close to the 70% to 85% MSM touts. Maybe it’s 90% by now, I don’t watch MSM.

7. Seattle Husker

Wait...there's a conspiracy that the medical industry is lying about vaccination rates?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Just analyzing the risks. First, I live in a very low-risk area for contracting Covid, and I rarely am in large groups, big cities, or take public transportation. Second, I'm also relatively young (45) and healthy, so I'm not particularly afraid to get Covid. Third, there's a good chance I've already had Covid.

Does that mean I'll never get it? No. My situation could change. Furthermore, the longer we use the vaccine, the more we'll learn about it and the more willing I'll be to get it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

Going to my first covid funeral Thursday. Young man 35, perfect health. He lived in Austin and was not vaccinated. Got covid put on a ventilator for 8 days. He died when his dad was on the phone with me last Saturday at his bedside. I have never heard a man cry like that before. It was very sad.

10. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

That’s terrible EDT. I would love to know his treatment regime, no I’m not a dr but as have so many on here, I’ve talked to a lot of physicians and read a lot about various treatments and their effectiveness.

11. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I know.

I have a form of blood cancer. I've been going to MD Anderson along with a local oncologist in Austin. I've spoken to them and numerous other medical personnel including PA's and nurse practitioners in both locations.

They all laugh at any idea that there is a conspiracy. In fact just today (I was getting a pet scan), a lady who gave me information on treatment, was laughing with me about how many people would have to be in on this along with the vast hush hush campaign it would require.

THEY ALL BELIEVE IN IT.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Seattle Husker

Sorry to hear about your medical condition. Sincerely hope a full recovery is in order.

What I don't get is assuming noble people....lots of 'em...are conspiring against a viewpoint. What would these medical professionals have to gain but with phony vaccination numbers? Afterall, it's your local hospitals, insurance companies and family non-profits administering the vaccines. What do they have to gain by lying about the vaccinations? We not talking efficacy but simply administering of the shots to individuals.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Darn By, had no idea you were going through anything like that. Wishing only the best!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Hang in there bud!

15. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Who cares? No one has ever asked me in my entire lifetime if I have vaccinations.

Sorry, pretty stupid.

16. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Warning: HF threads may occasionally explore topics outside your personal experience and/or approval
    Seriously, why the need to **** on the thread?

17. horninchicago

I guess the same need need you had to **** on my opinion on the thread, so if you don't like what I have to say send me a PM. Otherwise, I don't care.

It's a bizarre question to ask anyone. If you think it's great, then what do I care? Go ahead, answer it and be happy like all the other lemmings.

P.S.: I like you, but I don't like your comment to me. I hope we can still be HF friends.

:beertoast:

18. horninchicago

I also like the OP, but I have been around her a long time, and if I can't give an opinion outside the comfort zone of some around here, then y'all can ask Dion to give me the boot.

19. horninchicago

Furthermore, this is a West Mall thread, where alternate viewpoints are not normally attempted to be quashed like you just tried to do to me @Driver 8.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Damn, that guy must be a Sooner!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  21. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

I too would like to know what kind of treatment he was given after diagnosis. We have developed therapeutics to handle this. Someone his age and in his health should not have died from this. That's far from the norm.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

No. Vaccine is personal choice IMO.

For me, far too many risks vs the virus for someone with no underlying health issues ... except age :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  23. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

My wife and I have been vaccinated. She was part of the vaccine study and was vaccinated early, so when my time came up in March, we drove over to the designated location, I got the shot, didn't even know when I got stuck. No side effects. Same for the second dose in early April. No side effects, no fever, no soreness. Got my vacc card and I have been asked to show it several times. And, I still wear a mask in public. But it's a personal choice, and whatever a person wants to do is their business, not mine. So, Good Luck whatever your decision regarding this issue may be. I saw on my news feed that Greg Abbott tested positive for Covid, wasn't much of a story, only an announcement.

• Like Like x 1
  24. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

That's sad. My condolences on the loss of your friend.

25. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I am sorry to learn of your condition, Bystander. I hope you have a complete recovery soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

EDT - sorry to hear of the terrible loss of this young man. I suspect that call with his father is something you will never forget. I might have wept with him on that call.

27. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

NH,
    Great question. I will try to find out for you.

28. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

2003 TG,
    You are correct, he should still be with us. I will find out for you.

29. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

:hookem:

30. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

I know it's a very personal subject but I only ask out of sincerity and the hope that knowing what his treatment was might be of value to others.

• Agree Agree x 1