Head bump>>>>Nut job!!!

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by TEXnSEATTLE, Nov 27, 2019.

1. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

I did not watch the game on Saturday....knew what was coming.

I had heard about the head bump and people's making fun of it.....well, earlier this morning I read the article about Tom "needing to grow up" and there it was....from the twitter....the footage of the head bump....

this guy is a total nut job....not aware of what is appropriate (ie, making fun of Missouri QB, coach rage against OSU)...all, as ANDREW has pointed out acting in "a manner unbecoming"....

Roach was shocked and not one of the guys on the team was "fired up" by this display and after watching this thing about a dozen times, there are more guys that just glance to their teammates like "WTF!!!"....

...come on, Tom....grow the F, UP!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

I watched the same footage and did not make that much of it. If we had won the game, no one would be talking about this.

Was Roach shocked per Roach or is that just your interpretation? I don't know how you could tell if it effected Roach in any way from watching the video.
    Players looked like they were either fired up by it, or surprised. Hard to tell.

Mocking the Mizzoo QB on the other hand was low class.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Usually when a coach says something or does something that fires up the team the team goes nuts and mobs each other. The Texas players didn't do anything but look at each other like Tex said. SMH ....Obviously looked like Herman has lost not only his mind, but the team as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Galvestonhorn

Galvestonhorn 250+ Posts

These bullshiiit analysis are getting hilarious

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  5. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Well, one of the purposes of this Board is to engage and entertain folks...

But I am also scratching my “not yet contusion challenged” head over Herman’s antics.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

No, they arn’t. They are over the top and very disappointing to the extent that I am taking a sabbatical from Hornfans.This constant trashing Tom for everything he does and the demeaning name calling is out of line. It does nothing but taint the team and the program. And it reflects poorly on those stooping to the level of these tactics. I have lived through the days of Price and Royal and witnessed some of the same fan personal attacks on the great DKR.

Evaluate performance and disagree on his coaching, but “nut job” and “grow up” type comments are way out of line.

See you later!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  7. everette

everette 250+ Posts

Totally agree and I've been wondering for quite a while how many of these so-called horn fans are really here to chase off recruits.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  8. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

He's only doing what he's been taught by other coaches, sports psychologists, mentors, etc. I have to wonder how old a person is, or how many companies a person has worked for if they haven't seen similar antics in the business world. Calling him a nut job though does seem to show some ignorance.

I don't know that it's a winning strategy though. I'll leave that to the sports psychologists and the experts that have many years of experience and have done controlled tests to determine the best motivation methods. It just doesn't seem like acting like a frat brother, rather than a leader and mentor would be the best method for a college football coach. As least it's not what I know and have seen from the best college coaches in the game. Although if I see big nose head butting his players maybe I'll change my opinion.

9. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

If you’re not gone already ...

there’s an “ignore” feature.

But it’s still a free country. Appreciate your experience as a fan of UT Football ... and participant here on HornFans. Perhaps we’ll see ya back when we start winning again. Every dog has his day, right?

10. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Worked for Grant Teaff in 74 when he ate the worm.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

But we don't know if it was a real worm or gummie worm, because he did it in the locker room away from everybody....

12. BornOrange0855

BornOrange0855 250+ Posts

Almost everything I have been reading by reporters who supposedly are in the know is that Herman is universally disliked by the players. I have no inside info so I have no idea if its true. What I have seen with my own two eyes is Herman throwing his players under the bus publicly at times. And some of his responses to the media reek of arrogance and condescension, two unlikeable characteristics.

• poop poop x 2
  13. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

I was THERE is '74....not in the locker room, but, I don't think there were gummie worms back then....

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

I took all the things I said in my post from an article from Orange Nation....including the "grow up" which was in the title of the article.....

It was not me. My post was my response of the video of the incident and I watched it at least a dozen times to see the reaction of all the players that were standing within 5 feet of Tom and Roach.

I will try and find the article, again and post it....if I can figure out how to do that....

Kirk Bohls asked Tom if he was the man for the position of head coach at Texas....we are all wondering (as Tom is) if he is...I did not mean anything demeaning by this post...relative to me, Tom is young, and there are things that you just don't expect from the head coach of the Texas Longhorns....repeatedly beating his bare head against a players helmet was one of those (for me)....
    TEXAS BU recruiting
    2016 10 16
    2017 33 39
    2018 3 24
    2019 5 34

I see Baylor going in a really positive direction and we are, again, scratching our heads.....I don't think I am saying anything that is not obvious to all of us and is not mentioned in every reporter's response to the 2019 season.

15. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

So then let’s agree to stop calling TH names, I like him. I think he is a very good coach and may end up akin to another Dabo Sweeny. Or he may end up akin to another Les Miles. Either way both are good men, who care about their team and they win! I believe there is more to this game than winning! TH represents the University well. Nobody hated him last year. Did he change?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

I have never hated Tom. I want him to be the best coach that ever was. As .I mentioned in my first post, there are things he has done in representing THE University that I am not thrilled with.
    The fact that we are being out-coached week after week after week after week after week is the part that is obvious as anything I've seen in a lifetime of watching college football.
    I sat through the o.u. game numb at how poorly prepared we were.
    Almost losing to OSU and Kansas was not good. We could quite easily be 4-7.
    We are not remotely as good, today, as we were against LSU.
    Improving during the season is something that you should observe from a young team if they are being prepared properly.
    THAT IS COACHING.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Tom Herman might consider punching himself in the face. Ed Orgeron punches himself in the face at team meetings and knocks his fake tooth out from time to time. They're #2 in the country right now. As yet unclear whether it works if someone else punches Tom Herman in the face.

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

TEXnSEATTLE -I don’t think you hate TH. Others say worse things. Maybe TH makes it like Sweeny and maybe he cannot turn it around like Miles. I hope the former, but yes he needs to improve. We can improve too in our collective areas, like name calling. But no I wasn’t singling you out at all. I appreciate your passion! Really I mean that.
    :hookem2:

19. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

Tom Herman needs to grow up

20. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Players at all levels head butt each other after a great play or to fire each other up. Doing it with out a helmet is kind of crazy though. He did it to try and light a fire under this team. It obviously didn’t work, so I’d quit doing it and save the brain cells. He’s gonna need them!

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. BillyDeeHorn

BillyDeeHorn < 25 Posts

Maybe Tom should go back to learning how to swing a sledgehammer. Couldn't be any worse than some of these other nutty things he does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Run, what you’re saying is probably true but call me a huge skeptic relative to the “think tank vetted” methodologies. I’m old school and not a believer in the binder approach. And I doubt that very successful coaches like Saban, Sweeney and others are either.

In my world I often deal with formerly successful companies now being run into the ground by genius, thirty something MBAs that know “nothing” about the businesses they are destroying. They attempt to apply what they learned in business school and choose to
    discount the advice available to them from people in their fifties and sixties that know what they are doing and are the backbone of the particular business. It’s a real shame.

In a sense I see Herman as this type of individual, and coach. He’s obsessed with metrics like urine color but seems to miss the big picture. He will not succeed at a big-time program until he does.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, this is even worse than most of the press-conference-quote-analysis that we get.

• Hot Hot x 1
  24. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

This^^^^^^^^

• Funny Funny x 1