heckuva speech, Trumpy

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by huisache, Jan 6, 2021.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Seems like insurrection

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

When things couldn’t get worse:

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Tweet needs correction - car was unoccupied

5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Any of the Jan 6 protesters had this on them? Recall the zip tie guy picked them up inside the capitol off the floor.

6. Facing Addiction

Facing Addiction 1,000+ Posts

7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

This just shows that the move is being made for partisan political reasons. Frankly, I've never had a problem with having a January 6 committee investigating what happened. It's s fair thing to do. The problem is that (as usual), Democrats can't resist the urge to try to make it an entirely partisan exercise designed to divert attention away from their own failures and smear the entire opposition with it. They might find some stupid comment made by Trump or Josh Hawley, but that simply doesn't have any bearing on a congressional candidate in South Texas or Orange County, California.

They're trying to repeat what they were able to pull off with Watergate and the 1974 midterm elections, and it just won't work. The media isn't powerful enough to make it work, and their own credibility is too weak.

It's also just overhyped. "The democracy" (whatever that means) was never in danger, and no serious person thinks it really was. Nobody thinks those yahoos were actually going to get the election overturned and Trump made into a permanent dictator. And of course, this leads to the question of why they'd overhype it, and the $7 gas and 8 percent inflation make that pretty obvious.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  9. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Agree. The more Democrats talk about Trump (which J6 is) as time goes on, the more it hurts them. Ordinary folks are tired of hearing about the past. They want officials to talk about the now and future.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  10. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Silly maybe but I would put more emphasis on this statement, “this just PROVES that the move is being made for partisan …..”

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

We all know this is true.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

The way to frame THAT protest would be that you were not there to influence an Opinion but rather to get them to finally investigate Amit Jain for leaking the draft.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

The inflation rate will be the downfall of the Dems in the mid-term elections. Pocketbook issues prevail over other issues.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

mb
    Brilliant. If I lived closer I might consider it
    You of course would get me out of jail?

• Like Like x 1
  15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  16. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Federal bond can be tricky sometimes...but I could give it the old college try ;)

17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• poop poop x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Of course, he didn't have to accept the plea deal. He could have gone to court, but he chose not to. And let's be real. He got a harsh sentence more because he looked like a freak than what he actually did.

19. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Liberals have a different view of justice. Discrimination based on political views is vogue.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

^"Delusional" seems to describe virtually everything the Dems try to pursue.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Seems like an insurrection:

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  23. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like the army should go in and clear them out.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  24. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

The Benghazi hearing says "what's up?"

25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

There's no comparison. The focus on Benghazi was pretty much on the alleged wrongdoers and liars, not on an entire party and ideology.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I agree. There is no comparison.

LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

There isn't. As an event, January 6 was a worse than Benghazi. However, the politicians' culpability in Benghazi was more direct as was the cover-up (which ultimately failed).

• Like Like x 1