heckuva speech, Trumpy

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by huisache, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

What stands out to me is that Trump is a 90s Democrat liberal. He has no room to criticize the UK.

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mona
    Give some examples of things Trump did that mimic what 90's Democrats did

3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

He spent like a drunken sailor, for one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Hi Mona.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Is that it? Srsly

6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

On spending, he was wildly to the left of '90s Democrats. He was slightly to the left of Obama on spending though well to the right of Biden.

7. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Morally he is about the equivalent of Clinton. He is a big spender. He is an economic protectionist. He is limited on war, not neocon, but not against bombing places that NATO wants to bomb. Think Serbia in the 90s.

8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Lest we forget Congress passes the budget. IIRC There was bi partisan support for the biggest dollar additions to the debt plus there was something called the pandemic.
    That said Trump was not frugal.
    And I still think Nigel's droopy socks are funny.

9. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

RFK Jr is a 90s Democrat who is willing to say things that anger the regime in power and who has changed his views for the better over the last 10 years. Also, he knows the CIA killed his uncle and father.

Maybe he should run as a Republican.

10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Congress passes the budget. This is true, but the president has significant influence by having the veto pen. It's why you can't judge a president just based on the numbers. You have to look at what the president was advocating for at the time.

For example, when stupid people (even Republicans) give Clinton credit for the balanced budgets, I always point out that he fought fiscal restraint every chance he got. He was always on the side of spending like a drunken sailor. The budget balanced because of the congressional leadership, particularly John Kasich in the House and Pete Domenici in the Senate.

As for Trump, I judge him based on what he advocated. Did he push for Congress to cut spending, or did he push them to spend? He pushed them to spend - both before and during the pandemic. He wanted the defense budget hikes, and he didn't want to be seen as cutting social spending, so he basically wanted the budgets passed without controversy. In other words, let everybody get their way.

11. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I'm not sure how much the CIA had to do with it other than possibly being a liaison between Oswald and Giancana/Trafficante. I believe Giancana/Trafficante are the ones that organized it and Oswald was the perfect patsy.

Giancana was once quoted as saying we should have gone after Robert, not John. And Trafficante admitted organizing the assassination on his death bed. Of course, just tossed aside as conspiracy theories. But, as they say, when there's just too many coincidences you know what.

And it makes sense. John never went after the mob, but Robert went after the mob and Teamsters/Jimmy Hoffa full force as AG. They were thinking get the top guy when the top guy wasn't the problem. It's pretty ironic too considering their dad got rich and created the Kennedy empire bootlegging with Al Capone during prohibition.

• Like Like x 1
  12. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

The Constitution says the House creates the budget. It also says the power to make war rests with the Congress. Not the way it works under our Living Constitution, is it?

presidents and congresses take turns ladling more unfounded items to the pile and the president then fails to veto: he doesn’t want to lose his pork projects. The buck stops in the Oval Office; but it doesn’t because none of them will stop it

I recall Reagan standing before Congress saying the debt deluge had to stop and he would not sign off on any more busted non budgets. He did and so have all of them since

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yep, presidents have vetoed budgets and spending bills but always because they wanted to spend more than Congress did.

14. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

RFK Jr believes the CIA killed his dad. Tucker said he talked to someone from the CIA who said the same thing. The CIA is evil. Why question it at this point?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I haven't studied the RK assassination as much, but the last minute change to go through the rest kitchen and the ay it went down tells you something was going on. Again, when there's just too many coincidences. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if the CIA was behind that one.

16. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

RFK is a nutcase? An unidentified person purporting to be one of the thousands who have worked for CIA says some unidentified agents killed his pappy. Bfd

17. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

The RK campaign was a late to the gate, disorganized mess. Look at who was providing security. Rosy Grier? Please
    His pappy got into the race after Gene McCarthy got some votes in New Hampshire top posing the war Uncle John and his brother led us in to after being warned against it by MacArthur and others

the first K went down right after green lighting the murder of Vietnam’s president and his brother and after numerous attempts to murder Castro

the Ks have been a running sore since washing up. No need for another
    Ask him what he thinks about reparations and see how much you like him

18. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I guess you liked it so much you repeated it
    BTW yes they are a "running sore"

20. horninchicago

I agree with huisache. Kennedys are criminals, not the American royalty so many want them to be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Good Lord, who are the only non criminal White House occupants? Carter, Ford? Must be a very small list?

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. horninchicago

Not sure, but no one refers to any of the rest of them as having lived Camelot.

• Like Like x 1
  23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Insurrection!!!

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  24. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

These lunatics really don't understand what they're trying to achieve. I bet none of them even know how to grow a garden nor preserve food.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. horninchicago

Which one did they shoot in the head?

26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

And the DC police are protecting the loons?
    hic , indeed.

27. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Milloy has it right when he says “climate mental
    patients’.

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Those mental patients rule over you. If they didn't they wouldn't get away with their shenanigans. But they do. And you won't.

So who cares if they are crazy or not? They rule over us. That is the important point to understand.

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Insurrection!!!

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts