Hegarty update

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Colt McVince, Feb 27, 2010.

1. glenn

glenn 1,000+ Posts

oh, gosh, nobody who knows anything is talking, but in the aggregate you have to like our placement.

2. DrRad

DrRad 250+ Posts

Our goal is to have a modern day "seven blocks of granite"

i.e. from Wikipedia " The Seven Blocks of Granite was a nickname given to the Fordham University football team's offensive line under head coach "Sleepy" Jim Crowley and line coach Frank Leahy. The most famous Seven Blocks of Granite were: Leo Paquin, Johnny Druze, Alex Wojciechowicz, Ed Franco, Al Babartsky, Natty Pierce, and Vince Lombardi. The nickname, however, was also commonly used to referred to the Fordham lines of the 1929, 1930[1], and 1937 teams but it is the 1936 line which is today the best known of these lines.[2] "

3. J.R.69

J.R.69 250+ Posts

You have to take all this with a grain of basalt.

4. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

I'm hoping we'll be able to chalk Hegarty's recruitment up as a victory for the Horns, and start out next year with a clean slate in recruiting stud linemen.

5. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

"Hegarty Rocks" .... sorry, someone had to say it! I held off as long as I could.

6. vculou

vculou 250+ Posts

Sure he "rocks".. and you can be sorry too just dont "gravel" at my feet when you finally say your sorry.... [​IMG]

7. J D the Obscure

J D the Obscure 250+ Posts

Shelock Holmes would say: "It's sedimentary, Watson."

8. longtex

longtex Guest

We've done a solid job of OL recruiting in this class. Why should this young man be our quarry?

9. LonghornsWin

LonghornsWin 500+ Posts

Well because he could be the gem of the class.

10. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

Possibly a diamond...without the rough?

11. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

With Hegarty alongside the other stud O linemen, the opposing DL would be quaking in their cleats as they lined up across from the Burnt Orange Rocks of Gibralter.

12. LonghornsWin

LonghornsWin 500+ Posts

Well, I for one hope we garnet one more study lineman.

13. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

In trying to crystalize my thoughts, I realize Hegarty will be ours if we don't handle his recruitment porphyry.

14. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

I never get jaded by us bringing in all of this talent. I just have a feeling that when all is said and done, Hegarty shale be ours!

15. glenn

glenn 1,000+ Posts

hope you're right, cool leo. i'm about ready to gravel at his feet, if that helps.

16. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

The day Hegarty commits to us will be a coal shot for all those other schools that want him.

17. LonghornsWin

LonghornsWin 500+ Posts

Well, it is clear that Mack is prepared to mine the riches of this young man's talent.

18. lecturer

lecturer 250+ Posts

hegarty visited texas tech thursday.

19. centexorange

centexorange 1,000+ Posts

hegarty visited texas tech thursday

Lol a Mack recruitment ploy send the boy to the depths of Lubbutt and he will certainly run back to the city limits of Austin !!!! [​IMG]

20. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

I'm stuck out here in Lubbock this week...if Hegarty's as smart as they say he is, he doesn't wind up at Tech.

21. Trifecta

Trifecta 250+ Posts

hegarty visited texas tech thursday

That can only help us. I'm hoping he visits a few more places like Lubbock and then he will really appreciate Austin!

22. glenn

glenn 1,000+ Posts

oh, good lord.

if this is somebody stanford or harvard would like to have it would make me sick to see him at tech.

go to stanford or harvard, kid, if we can't take you. stanford if you're that serious about football. harvard if you are not.

23. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

I thought we were done at OL?

24. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

With a kid like Hegarty... you take him if he wants to come!
    [​IMG]

25. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

Hey Trifecta I have a friend that went to Texas Tech Law School and I once asked him why Tech wasn't a football power with all those great West Texas High School players to recruit from and he just answered by saying "You've never been to Lubbock have you?"

He was right. [​IMG]

26. Hornithologist

Hornithologist 100+ Posts

Let's get down to the brass tacks-he'd be a gneiss addition to our class.

27. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

As the experience of losing OL's to facebook stupidity, injury and grades these past few years shows, you can never have too many good OL's. If he wants to come we take him. [​IMG]

28. Wasatch Horn

Wasatch Horn 250+ Posts

Hagarty just committed to Notre Dame

29. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I guess he was just another rhinestone cowboy, not destined to be the gem of this class. Oh well, best of luck at ND.