Hell of a game

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LSUson, Sep 8, 2019.

1. LSUson

LSUson 25+ Posts

I said I would be back win or lose. First I wanted to congratulate Texas’ football team. They are very gritty. Ehlinger was solid as usual. I hope they run the damn table and make it to the playoffs. I kept on hearing “we see this offense all the time” and “LSU will struggle implementing the new offense”. I think those narratives can be put to bed. I didn’t come here to gloat. Far from it. Wasn’t a fan of the program before the game. I respected it though. Today I’m a longhorn fan when not rooting for my tigers. Aggies can eat a d$&@. Your fans at the game were loud. I hope Tiger fans that went to Austin were friendly. We usually are minus a few idiots like any fan base. Here’s to continued success for you program! Cheers you should be proud and we will definitely treat you well whoever comes to Baton Rouge next year. Tailgating is second to none.

• Like Like x 17
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Well said. I was very impressed with your guys overall. I will follow your games all year. Good luck and please beat Bama

• Like Like x 1
  3. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

You guys brought it, I'll admit. I don't know how much was our DBs and how much was your offense, but I hope it was more about how well you guys performed. if you have a scheme that's finally going to let you leverage that offensive talent, the SEC West is in trouble. Best of luck!

• Like Like x 1
  4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

LSUson,

Your fans, while limited in number, were seated throughout Memorial Stadium, and were very loud. I encountered well over a thousand of them going to and from, and they were all cordial, except the guy at Bucee's in Bastrop trying to show our recruit the new tricked out Escalade with 6-8 LSU flags hanging off it.

Kid looked over at me like, "help get me out of this".

Good luck the rest of the season, and come back to say hello.

:hookem2:

5. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

Nobody goes to the Bucee's in Bastrop anymore, it's too crowded.
    Hruska's in Ellinger FTW

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Was a great game! So impressed with Burrows. Just wish we had one power back! A Swoops would be nice .

7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Hruska's isn't open at 1230 AM. I don't like their food. It's less than five miles from our ranch, might as well go eat there.

Bucee's gas is much cheaper, and restrooms much cleaner.

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

If no one goes there, how would it be too crowded? :smile1:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Even with my low IQ, this makes sense.

10. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

In order for Texas to make the playoffs I now think Texas is going to have to not only win every game but drop a hammer on every team we play. Basically pull a 2008 Bob Stoops and run it up. LSU should beat everyone on their schedule with the exception of Bama and if they beat Bama they have to beat them worse than they beat Texas. If they lose we have to hope they drop a second game. or that Clemson and tOSU win their conference with 2 losses.

Either way we have to show the voters we are the best of the 1 loss teams, oh we also have to run our schedule and win conference.

• Like Like x 1
  11. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Um,,,,,,just win.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Giovanni Jones

I was channeling Yogi Berra

• Like Like x 3
  13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Imagine being a 5 year old from Southeast Texas, and meeting Yogi for the first time. Sat there for two hours and never understood anything that came out of his mouth.

14. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

They will not, but they will pound aggy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Giovanni Jones

I'm burned out on Buccee's. I live in central Brazoria County, just 15 miles N of the original Buccee's in Lake Jackson. I like the pecan-flavored coffee at Hruska's, which goes well with their kolaches. (Why doesn't Buccee's have pecan flavored coffee???) But now Hruska's is getting too crowded, too. Gonna have to find another suitable pit stop for the drives to Austin.

16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

That Shell station in Lagrange (for the coonasses still lurking, that's 'La grange" not "L'gransh"). Clean, good food, bakery, blue bell, and has a small dining room with a big screen. Guy that owns it is an *******, but he's rarely there. On the 71 bypass & 159.

17. Giovanni Jones

Thanks for the tip. Is that the place with the BBQ? I think I've stopped there once or twice.

18. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Any Chicken places?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  19. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

No chicken, but I love to point out to people the waste of taxpayers' money on the road widening and reconstruction before it closed.

The Shell is across 159 from the Whataburger.

20. horninchicago

All this convenience store talk is an interesting twist on the "I'm having <insert food here> for lunch/dinner today/tonight Hornfans tradition.

21. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

After learning what I now know about Bucee’s, I may never stop there again.

22. horninchicago

Link?

23. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

It was a great game. Wish we had made just a couple of more plays. If so it might have turned out differently.
    That said, the better team won. Our team is just not as well rounded and deep at every position like LSU is.
    That Burrow is a dead eyed killer.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

I am still recovering from the game. DKR was LOUD. My ears are still ringing! My brothers and I had a blast. LSU fans were cordial and I had no issues. Father/son LSU fans sat next to me and we enjoyed the conversations. I like their fan base and since I have spent years around Baton Rouge they are my favorite SEC team. Of course Texas is the only team for which I am a fan, but LSU just has a good fan base and school. Hope they win the conference outright. Would love a rematch in the playoffs. I think LSU & Texas are evenly matched. We could have beaten them last night and would fare well in a CFP rematch. Now go kick A&M in the *** for us!
    :bevo:

25. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I've never in my life been to Bucee's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. horninchicago

Me neither, but unfortunately, I haven't lived in Texas since 2001. Can't believe it's been that long.

27. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

After so many decades of wandering in the offense wilderness, LSU finally has a very good offense to go with their defense. They’re going far. Burrow was on fire.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

The fighting overweight Sabans will put an end to LSU's run.

30. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

I don’t think Bama can score with LSU. Maybe I’m wrong but I think the Tigers can take down Bama.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1