Henry Melton says...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by whoop1012, Nov 14, 2010.

1. whoop1012

whoop1012 First Time Poster

per his twitter....

2. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

Somewhere among the Texas faculty there is a professor beaming with pride over that sentence structure.

3. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

I stopped reading half way through... i was starting to get a headache.

4. DavidCrockett

DavidCrockett 25+ Posts

Generally, Texas fans are terrible. Always late. Never very loud. Leave early. And, on the flip side the whiniest bunch out there.

5. borna_horn

borna_horn 1,000+ Posts

On Iowa State's first drive, I was screaming at the fans around me to make some noise. No one made a peep. Iowa State scored a TD, and the rest is history.

6. The Texas Kid

The Texas Kid < 25 Posts

Anybody who has ever sat next to me at a game will attest I am not part of the problem.

7. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Henry who? I seem to recall we once had a running back by that name...he'd probably fit in quite well with our current crop of backs. And I should care what he tweets because...?

8. txhorn2010

txhorn2010 250+ Posts

9. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

No one said you should care. Its simply a former player telling us how he sees it. He was on the field for every game, home and away. His perspective is telling, whether you care or not. I for one do care, and Im glad the info was posted.

10. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Okay...thanks for telling me why I should care. [​IMG]

11. lanceut

lanceut 250+ Posts

Because we all know it's solely the fans fault that the team is only 4-6 this year. I mean, it's obvious that if only the fans were louder and stayed later, they'd be 10-0 for sure right now. [​IMG]

12. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

If I knew how back in 2006, I would have tweeted how we had a 270-pound RB who can't push one defender over the goal line.

If the players need asses in the seats and loudness to get better, then put a product on the field that would alleviate this problem.

13. hollisdude

hollisdude 500+ Posts

We don't hate like other teams in the Big 12 hate. So, yes Henry when you went to other stadiums, you got an earful of hate because you were from Texas. Loud hate. Loud hate all day long. Because you're from Texas. It's hard being us Henry. I imagine it was hard being you, wishing we were louder. We were wishing you didn't tip toe like a girl when you ran with the ball. Ah, but Hook'em anyway Henry, so much for wishing huh.

14. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

He's right. Big 12 teams do get loud and excited when we roll into there stadium.

15. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts

16. hollisdude

hollisdude 500+ Posts

17. GabeRocksSocks

GabeRocksSocks 1,000+ Posts

On his facebook, last march, he said "Why is texas basketball so doo doo?"

18. omnipresent

omnipresent 1,000+ Posts

Comparing our seats in the section 15 chairbacks to our section 13 seats from last year, there was little emotion, nobody stood to show support and I was the only one in earshot to join the Texas Fight chants..disgusting. I agree with Melton, looking at the majority of the fans at DKR last night, you may as well have been at a family gathering at Grey Wolf Lodge

19. GabeRocksSocks

GabeRocksSocks 1,000+ Posts

Also worth noting that HM reps texas well on facebook. Like 90% of his status updates are about the horns, despite playing in the NFL.

20. Sholehvar

Sholehvar 25+ Posts

I am suprised we havent heard more from former players about this abortion of a season. Something is going on within the team and nobody is doing the reporting on this that needs to be done.

21. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

He does not lie, unfortunately he is spot on regarding the home field advantage that others have and Texas does not.

22. yourlordarileus

yourlordarileus 250+ Posts

23. Joe2005

Joe2005 500+ Posts

Like any other fans in the world, ours get up more for a big game than a small game. When he visited other stadiums, they were up for a game against a top-5 Texas. When he was in our stadium, it was mostly our fans not up for unranked opponents. When we played #1 Nebraska or Ohio State at home, the stadium was just as excited as anywhere else.

He was just never at Baylor for their half-filled stadium against Podunk State.

24. msdw24

msdw24 1,000+ Posts

Yeah it's hard to get the stadium rock'n when you have a bunch of blue hairs yelling at you to sit down when you're on Defense, and you have almost constant ads being played on godzillatron.

25. 97chh36

97chh36 100+ Posts

It has always been that way. And it always will be, in spite of BIS! So let it be written-so let it be done. [​IMG]

26. Joe2005

Joe2005 500+ Posts

27. Oakhill Horn

Oakhill Horn 250+ Posts

When I lived in Texas, I made as many games as I could. I was always loud.

28. TexasRx

TexasRx 500+ Posts

I'm pretty sure that's too many characters for Twitter.

Just sayin'

29. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Wow. Sounds like Texas should consider firing some professors or academic advisors before it considers firing football coaches. That is frightening.

30. longhorntrudie

longhorntrudie 25+ Posts

Nice job, Henry!! I believe you call those so-called "fans" frontrunners!!! It is easy to love a winning team; and while you may not think these struggling kids deserve our support, they truly need us to be there just as the saying goes - through thick and thin!! None of us like what is happening right now; but if you call yourself a real fan then act like one, instead of an entitled bunch of spoiled spectators. Dear True Fans - see ya next Saturday..... and again on Thanksgiving.
    Hook 'Em!!!!!