Here we go. Bombs Away.

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Musburger1, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

I’ll play.

Suppose the writer’s assessment that Russia is vulnerable in Syria is true. Suppose the US hits strong enough to inflict major damage on the Syrian infrastructure and population, a greater war bogs the US down in Syria indefinitely. Would that make you proud or would that make America Great Again? What is accomplished other than a renewed refugee stream out of the country and another Libya type of terror base to deal with. Anybody that applauds this article is an embicile.

2. TaylorTRoom

TaylorTRoom 1,000+ Posts

Russia is a mob-owned, seedy truck stop/gas station writ large, holding a permanent spot on the UN Security Council.

And the idea that anybody other than Assad gassed Assad’s opposition, with gas like we know Assad has, on three separate occasions is ridiculous.

3. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Is this really you are has John McCain paid the board a visit?

4. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

TaylorT, it is also ridiculous to think that Assad gassed his own citizens after he has all but defeated the opposition, just after a hawkish Bolton came on board. It is also ridiculous to think that the US has fought on the side of ISIS and Al-Qaeda for years now in Syria. It is also ridiculous to thin that Assad is gassing his people when the opinion of the people is that they prefer Assad's regime to that of the rebels.

All those refugees from Syria migrating to Europe are coming from rebel held areas not Assad controlled areas. I'm not even saying Assad is a good guy or leader, but the US media is not worth trusting on this issue. I assure you.

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Rand Paul asks some good questions today

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I dont know if this will make you feel any better but SOD Mattis said today he thinks there was a chemical attack, but cant yet prove it.

I believe there was a chemical attack and we are looking for the actual evidence,” Mattis told lawmakers, adding he wanted inspectors in Syria “probably within the week.”

“As each day goes by — as you know, it is a non-persistent gas — so it becomes more and more difficult to confirm it.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-was-a-chemical-attack-in-syria-idUSKBN1HJ2ES

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

No, I would hope we learned our lesson on regime change in the Middle East. And I do not expect Trump to agree to destroy the infrastructure in Syria (which we could do in 1/2 day) as was done in Iraq, so I think you ask a bad question. My best guess is that we will attempt to target CW specific sites (manufacturing/storage) and probably their air force.

8. TaylorTRoom

TaylorTRoom 1,000+ Posts

There is too much crazy on this website. I’m out.

9. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

That was excellent.

10. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I think Monahorns has been hacked.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A quick vid - Sachs is an economist/professor
    Probably not what MSNBC wanted to hear

12. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Obviously this guy is a Putin agent. Cut his mic.

13. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Another one. This is a former British commander who evidently didn't get the memo.

14. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

The monster is loose. Let’s see the rooskie response.

15. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

16. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Probably won't know much until the morning. Sounds similar to last year. Russia stood down, the targets were limited, Syrian (not Russian) air defense was activated, and probably some but not all missiles got through.
    https://sputniknews.com/news/201804141063540268-pentagon-str/
    The operation, which started at 9 p.m., was "specifically associated" with chemical research facilities and chemical storage sites, US Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Joe Dunford said Friday.

Three main chemical sites were targeted, as well as one command center, according to the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

The operations are now complete. Continued barrages will not take place, unless Assad uses chemical weapons again, Pentagon chief Jim Mattis said.

These targets were made with the goal of minimizing any impact on Russian forces, according to JCS.

The deconfliction line with Russia was "active" this week, and the US followed normal use of deconfliction lines with Russia, as normal for clearing the airspace, JCS said.​
    https://sputniknews.com/news/201804141063539742-syrian-interceptor-take-off-boom/
    "God bless you, God bless you," a man can be heard saying, shortly after the interceptor seemed to collide with a missile, making a large boom sound.

"F*ck those American ********," the man from the video says.

The Syrian Army reports shooting down 20 US, UK and French missiles. When asked about the missiles, the Pentagon during a briefing that it could not comment on the reports.

On Friday night, Trump said that strike operations were underway in response to an alleged attack in Douma, which Damascus and Moscow maintain was a false flag. Analysts are puzzled by the logic of Trump's decision to stand up against "Gas Animal Assad" by raining explosives on Syria and killing Syrians.

Damascus, Homs, a research facility in Barzeh, and an IRGC base in Qasioun Mountain have reportedly been targeted during the military operations.

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Seems like the poster above you got it mostly correct

18. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Yeah. Trump saves face by carrying through. There is no way of proving whether the targets were research facilities involved in manufacturing chemical weapons or aspirin for that matter. I suspect this is a nothing burger. And that's a good thing.

19. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I guess the Rooskies were all bark and no bite, unless the USS Cook is currently under attack. Hopefully those fools received the message loud and clear.

20. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

If Russia were a person I'd say they were an amazing human being; formidable and sophisticated but full of larceny with one redeeming quality; they value their own existence and for that they can be reasoned with. That is the difference between them and fatalistic Muslim extremists.

21. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

My recollection of Trump’s bellicose tweet was that Russian assets would be targeted. Mattis states the strikes were limited and no Russian assets were targeted. Looks like Trump is all bark and no bite, but then everybody knows that.

22. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

You are very kind. I would say they are a despicable thug, riddled with a cancer that chokes blood flow to vital organs and prevents them from maximizing their health and productive potential.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  23. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Your recollection is wrong.

24. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Rand Paul is an attention freak like Chuck Schumer. Kentucky is the worst representative state in the Union.

25. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I'm also remembering their amazing athletes and artistic achievements.

26. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Steroids do wonders for muscle development.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Worse than California (Diane Feinstein and Kamala Harris) or Vermont (Pat Leahy and Bernie Sanders)?

• Like Like x 1
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is a good article from Oct 2015 that explains how the US got involved Syria in the first place. It does this by piecing together hacked State Dept cables into a decent narrative

I guess the Obama people dont like reading this type of account, but the objective folks might enjoy it

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

My understanding is that the Israelis aided the CW site targeting. They've been studying what the Syrians have been doing up close for decades.

Further, you were predicting a full-scale destruction of all Syrian infrastructure.
    -- Are you ready to admit this prediction was wrong?
    -- If so, how do you account for that?

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

That is their history