Herman Staying - What Are Next Year's Results?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BevoJoe, Dec 12, 2020.

1. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

This year is over. May be premature, but here's the schedule for next year. The date and time for the B12 opponents has not been determined. So, how do you believe we will do based on Herman being retained? Based on what we've seen this year, most probable is 7-5 and 9-3 is the ceiling. If the level of play and "in-game" coaching is the same, I do not see this program making the CCG nor winning it, and the CFPs are a no go.

2021 Football schedule

Sep. 4 [​IMG] Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Austin, TX WIN
    Saturday
    Sep. 11 [​IMG] at Arkansas Razorbacks Fayetteville, AR Loss
    Saturday
    Sep. 18 [​IMG] Rice Owls Austin, TX WIN
    Saturday

2021 Big 12 Games - Dates TBA
    Date TBA [​IMG] at Baylor Bears Waco, TX - WIN
    Date TBA [​IMG] at Iowa State Cyclones Ames, IA - Loss
    Date TBA [​IMG] at TCU Horned Frogs Fort Worth, TX - Toss-up
    Date TBA [​IMG] Kansas Jayhawks Austin, TX - WIN
    Date TBA [​IMG] Kansas State Wildcats Austin, TX - WIN
    Date TBA [​IMG] vs Oklahoma Sooners Dallas, TX - Loss
    Date TBA [​IMG] Oklahoma State Cowboys Austin, TX - WIN
    Date TBA [​IMG] Texas Tech Red Raiders Austin, TX - WIN
    Date TBA [​IMG] at West Virginia Mountaineers Morgantown, WV - Toss-up

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  2. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

3. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

4-8...

4. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I will have to evaluate later and respond with more clarity and soberness... right now Mr. Jim Beam is counseling me, trying to get the lost 2020 season and Herman's return next season out if my troubled mind! :facepalm:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

9-3 is very likely. 10-2 or 8-4 possible.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • WTF? WTF? x 2
  6. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

We should start 4-0. Those opponents are turrrrrible. OU and ISU are likely losses. I dont see another clear loss.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

Just don't take Jim for a drive please. :smh:

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. WorsterMan

No, we are sharing and suffering together in my humble abode....

• Like Like x 3
  9. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Bevo, I’m right there with your assessment. Agree that the ceiling is 9-3 but highly unlikely. 7-5 is probably more realistic, but I do believe that worse is possible.

In my sixty or so years as a fan, I cannot remember a more uncertain time for the program. The dislike of Herman is palpable and it extends beyond the fans and the BMDs. Recruits and their families are aware of it.

Austin, we have a big problem.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

It’s all about the QB.

If either:

(1) Sam comes back for another year; or
    (2) JQ Jackson is fully healed and catches on to what Yurcich is doing,

then....

9+ wins are possible—even likely with a decent D performance. If neither (1) nor (2), then we’d better hope Hudson catches on real quick. We do benefit from a fairly lightweight non-conference slate.

11. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

If he doesn't come out and apologize for the misguided and stupid *** remarks about the fans, then I hope he loses every game because I want his sorry *** gone.

Never thought I'd feel that way, but I just can't stand the guy. He doesn't like me either, so screw him.

I won't be watching again next year if he is the head coach because he is too arrogant to reconsider his remarks and make a heartfelt apology. He's an *******.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Exactly- Arkie is a W

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Agree. I assume Sam will not return based on some of his remarks and his sort of farewell message a couple of weeks ago. Hard to tell if he's coming back, but at this point I think the bowl game will be his grand finale and swan song as the UT QB. Gonna miss that guy next season.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Maybe next year on Bevo Blvd CDC will have Herman take part in a “dunk the coach” carnie game. Raise $500 to throw 3 balls.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Nope the floor is 11-1 with the 1 is ou. Anything else is not acceptable for a 5th year HC.
    Players quitting or not panning out are all on the coaching staff after year 4.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Has Tom ever won all the games he should have? Next year’s results? Disappointment

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

His games with a seasoned quarterback were usually in doubt even if they ended up as wins. How does anyone think this joker will win more 5-6 games next year starting over?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

Herman’s as predictable as the day is long. I’ll need to fire up the Magic 8 ball spreadsheet I used to nail this season’s three loss record, but a ballpark number is 4 loses, so 8-4, and him watching the B-12 game from home.

Loss to OU as usual, one from TCU/ISU, and one from the mid-tier 4 teams. Plus probable loss to Arkansas. Herman’s a whopping 1-4 against big league OOC team. Arkansas is bad you say? So was Maryland yet he lost both home and away, the second time to an interim head coach after the other one was fired after a player died from heat stroke in the off-season.

• Like Like x 1
  19. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

Sorry mchammer, my glasses are a bit foggy, is that balls or darts? If darts I am all in.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Right now I don’t give a damn,

but if we start 4-0 I know I will start getting totally excited again.

has Tom Herman ever won 4 games in a row? It feels like we lose every third or fourth game, as surely as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

This three loss season is actually the fewest under Herman, as there were no real conference OOC games, just a hired chump. Hard to put a win streak together when you lose 6, 4, 5, and 3 (in a 9 game season) games per year.

22. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

Lose to Louisiana first game of the season.

Lose to Iowa st., TCU and OU and very possibly either Arkansas or WV. so thats 5 losses. minimum 4 losses.
    so my best guess is 8-4 or 7-5. We start a new QB and I'm guessing we lose a few to the portal like Bijan Robinson after he figures out this is a dumpster fire as well as maybe Jake Smith.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  23. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Between 7-5 and 9-3; losses to OU and pick two others between TCU, ISU, WVU and Arkansas with surprise one way or other in some game either upset of someone good or another wtf loss to someone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

6-6 5-7.
    Losses to TCU, ou, iowa St. These will always be marked as losses until proven we can beat them consistently.
    Don't sleep on Louisiana, they have the type of QB that always gives us fits and they beat Iowa st. this year.
    Loss at arky. Most likely we will have a new qb next year and this will be his 2nd start. At arky no less. This will be their super bowl and herman is unable to coach him up.
    Bailor, TT, WV and oki lite games are toss ups with a minimum of 1 loss.
    Rice, K St, and kansas should all be victories but with herman consistently being out coached in games he is supposed to be winning, expect 1 loss.

25. WorsterMan

Unfortunately, you know someone like TH is never seriously going to self-evaluate his actions and especially his reckless & harmful statements about the fans. Even if he he did, his ego & arrogance would not allow him to apologize or walk back in any way what he said.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  26. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Thought the same thing and TH has more than demonstrated his ability to lose season openers (home or away) to 'lesser' opponents. I see 3-5 losses next year in the regular season.

I stopped watching the games after the OU loss and the question I'm asking myself is if I'll watch any of the games next year either. I guess a lot of that has to do with how the off the field wokester crap is trending and whether TH does anything to piss me off further between now and then.

27. WorsterMan

Previous post was mostly my predictable HF sarcasm.

After reviewing the schedule and potential returning starters I'm thinking best case another 7-5 regular season.

General malaise & uncertainty about TH tenure will be a continual distraction and it will undermine recruiting ongoing.

If there is any good news in TH remaining - CDC will have more time to find the best replacement he can.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  28. Moskman1215

Moskman1215 25+ Posts

Breaking in brand new QB, DTs, and DBs - good lord who knows. The schedule is fairly easy (like every year). I say 8-4 and we do not play for B12 Championship. Game vs OU next year might be ugly.

29. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Looking like Jackson is hitting the transfer portal.

• WTF? WTF? x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  30. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

Source? Why would he?

• Agree Agree x 2