Hermans PC Today (09-18)

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Godz40acres, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I'm amazed how many people fail to use Occam's Razor to arrive at such an obvious conclusion.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Herman did say they moved Tope Imade back to OL
    Currently as OG.

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Heard back at WR
    Still have packages with him in the backfield

4. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Hey we aren't all as smrt as you! :whiteflag:

;)

5. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

Well, it appeared he was smart enough to do math in his head on the fly calculating what Warrens yards would be at 10 and 20 carries

• Like Like x 1
  6. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Always looking for a possible conspiracy - I think there is more to the story here........

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  7. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Haha, I'm no conspiracy guy but I agree with you.

8. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

In the video thread it's obvious that Warren played much more than Porter. So, I don't know about the coaches-not-trusting-Warren angle. It could be, but why play him so much?

• Like Like x 1
  9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Rereading the transcript, I give him credit for the 3.8 number, actually 3.75 but everyone rounds up, but he was a bit off on the total yards for 20 carries (stated 70, should have been 76). At any rate, did he really think that Warren would average exactly 3.8 a carry all game long? And he was worried about the criticism should that have happened? Kinda strange since he keeps harping on wanting to establish the run. But maybe that is with the QB, not his RBs.

10. Omniscient.one

Omniscient.one 500+ Posts

So it's a grudge where CWIII can play the majority of the snaps, mostly to
    block, which has been discussed at length as his biggest weakness, meaning TH (who knows this) was intentionally hurting this team, especially after losing Connor? TH's grudge also still allowed for CWIII to run routes and catch passes? TH must've been pissed when he caught that one for a first down.
    Also, what about the high number of carries against SJSU? Is it a biweekly grudge?
    Occam's Razor is there is no logical explanation. Or maybe we don't want to admit the simplest reason for our season.
    The best part is he's most likely lost CWIII. I wouldn't play for a coach like that.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  11. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Perhaps before calling yourself "Omniscient" you should take another course or two in reading comprehension.

12. Omniscient.one

Omniscient.one 500+ Posts

Go on. I read your smug post very clearly

13. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Whatever he issue is between him and warren they have 12 days between games to fix it because if we drop one or god have mercy both our next 2 games then going into the both Oklahoma schools after that we are done and we might need to be looking for a replacement

14. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Just remember that Charlie Strong who had already had back to back losing seasons STILL had his job until his 5-5 team lost to Kansas. Relax... the cake is baked, it just needs the icing. :hookem:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Herman turned the oven off when he rolled out to play Maryland. We would be 3-0 right now if not for him

16. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

FWIW I did always think Deion was overrated somewhat, partially because of the tackling thing. Plenty of "cover corners" (which I don't quite thing is the right term for him either) haven't been good tacklers, but he may have been the most horrendous tackler ever to start for an NFL defense.

Right, but that was due to our craptastic performance 2 weeks prior. I don't give credit for exceeding low expectations that were brought about by that same person's low performance that fell so far short of original expectations that it resulted in significantly lowering the expectations for the future.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

If I missed it, I apologize ...

When the question was vollied about the rebound after the 1st Half ending USC score ... Coach talks about how great it was the O marched down the field in the opening drive of the 2nd Half ...

and kicked a FG.

No one asked why they didn't kick a FG in the first possession of the 1st half ... then there wouldn't have BEEN OT. Sigh. yeah yeah, change there means changes elsewhere ... point is he praised the O scoring the FG in the 2nd Half, but was loudly silent on the decision to GFI in the 1st Half.

Interesting.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Desperado

Desperado 1,000+ Posts

So far, Tommy Boy has been a bit inconsistent with his in-game strategies (go for it/don't go for it, kick FG/don't kick FG, etc.). I suppose all the answers lie in the mysterious binder. Maybe somebody dropped the binder before the USC game and all the pages got messed up and out of place. If so, hopefully the binder is fully functional by next Thursday.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Who needs an OC when there are binders out there waiting to be bought?
    HC - T_m Herman
    OC - Threering Binder

I kid, I kid. I'm still in The Hermanator's corner and think he'll do great things here. Just a bit puzzled so far in his decisions and explanations.

• Like Like x 1
  20. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I'm still in his corner too. Absolutely.

I am not sure of anything though. Time will tell. I sure hope the story time tells is the one we want to hear.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Desperado

Desperado 1,000+ Posts

Oh I'm in his corner too. Just a bit puzzled as well.

• Like Like x 1
  22. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

I could probably see the corner if he'd admit he messed-up with refusing to kick a FG in the first possession.

At least he admitted he knows the offense needs a lot of work.

... and find some Burnt Orange, man. You're now the face of Texas Longhorn Football for crying out loud. You don't have to be the marketeer of Mack Brown, but how hard is it to have an intern goto the CooP and find REAL UT Apparel?

• Like Like x 2