Herman's Staff

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Badass, Nov 26, 2016.

1. JustWin

JustWin 250+ Posts

Not saying it applies to UT coaches after what we've seen paid here lately.
    Sometimes you have to play HR games in order to get a new hire into the salary range you want to pay. A coordinator would prolly make more than a position coach.

2. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

We are Texas....We should have an OC and DC hired already. The longer it takes the less likely we get a good one.

3. JustWin

JustWin 250+ Posts

Patience my friend. Ye know not who we seek.
    With the coaching carousel still turning, few OC or DC hires have been made. TOP coordinators are still working in preparation for their bowl game. Have faith that TH will know what he wants and will get it.

• Like Like x 6
  4. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Yeah, again we have no idea what the plan is and how it makes sense. We have no idea what discussions have already been had.

5. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I have no idea why we keep hiring amateurs when we could probably get car54 for about the same money.

• Like Like x 10
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

We are losing no traction and no really valuable time. The dead period for contact started Sunday and runs into January. Anyone under consideration is likely preparing for a bowl game. Yes, WE ARE TEXAS, but Powers, Patterson, and Strong have greatly diminished that statement. The OC & DC may also want input into some position coaches. Most coaches also look forward to the convention every year to schmooze and see what the market will bare. While I haven't had confidence in our HC to hire quality assistants since Fred Akers left, I have confidence in Herman to build a quality staff and have them in place by January 15 for the last recruiting push,

• Like Like x 2
  8. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

Shockingly lots of successful coordinators will have their teams in a bowl game. Many of them probably want to stay on through the bowl game.

• Like Like x 2
  9. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Hard to be patience with recent history in this area. The good news is that if all else fails we can send our interim AD and smiling prez on a plane to meet with our 3rd choice and beg him to come on board. :bow:

Also I double checked and the Outback bowl between Iowa and Florida isn't until Jan 2, so we are going to have to likely wait until after that game if we are targeting a return of Greg Davis. :iowa:- HA! :e-face-tears:

• Like Like x 2
  10. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Looks like it isn't stopping Oregon .......
    Word is they are hiring Colorado's DC. Colorado is in a bowl.

11. utxhorns32

utxhorns32 100+ Posts

Like has been said I have confidence in Herman and we don't know what's going on behind the scene.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Houston's strength and conditioning coach Yancy McKnight supposed to join Texas staff next week

13. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Did Herman get approval from car? :smile1:

• Like Like x 2
  14. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

@Dionysus get on the horn right now and tell Herman to get off his *** and get the OC and DC hired immediately. We won't accept the excuse that his potential targets don't want anything announced until after their bowl game. After all. it didn't matter to Colorado's DC. And Damn it, WE'RE TEXAS!

• Like Like x 7
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  15. T Herman

T Herman 25+ Posts

Back channel negotiations are under way to get car54 on staff before we screw this thing up.

• Like Like x 11
  16. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

Glad to see my prodding got @Dionysus to take action to get you off your *** and get things going!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  18. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Tim Beck might be fair game also

19. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  20. BigBull

BigBull 25+ Posts

Car 54 no doubt was working behind the scene to make this Orlando thing happen... and he still had time to post great insight on Horn Fans in the process ....

• Like Like x 2
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  22. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Best choice not named Aranda, which I don't think was realistic anyway.

OC and RB coach...

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

25. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Orlando's defensive resume this year:
    #14- 325 total YPG
    #3 - 97.9 rush YPG
    #66 - 227.1 pass YPG
    #11 - 39 qb sacks
    #101 - 7 interceptions
    #18 - 11 fumbles recovered
    #27 - 22.6 points allowed per game

Overall this looks solid, but it looks like his biggest opportunity was his secondary coming into a pass happy conference. He better hire the best DB coach in the country....or is that position already filled with another Houston guy?

26. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rlando-leaves-houston-cougars-texas-longhorns

At Texas, Orlando joins defensive line coach Oscar Giles, offensive line coach Derek Warehime, special teams coordinator/cornerback coach Jason Washington, tight ends coach Corby Meekins, associate head coach/co-defensive coordinator/safeties coach Craig Naivar and strength and conditioning coach Yancy McKnight as former Houston coaches.

Not mentioned but apparently Orlando will also coach linebackers which he played in college and coached at several of his previous jobs including UH.

27. Vol Horn 4 Life

2015 Stats. Solid run D, more interceptions and lots of turnovers in general, but a horrible pass defense. Turnovers saved their year. Keep in mind we were pissed off about our 79th ranked pass D last year.

#54- 381 total YPG
    #12 - 116.0 rush YPG
    #111 - 265.3 pass YPG
    #20 - 36 qb sacks
    #7 - 21 interceptions
    #3 - 14 fumbles recovered
    #19 - 20.5 points allowed per game

28. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I see safeties. Did I miss cornerbacks?

Edit: nm Jason Washington

29. Vol Horn 4 Life

• Like Like x 1
  30. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan