Herman's Staff

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Badass, Nov 26, 2016.

1. utxhorns32

utxhorns32 100+ Posts

It was Cougar High, I don't know what kind of talent he had to work with in defensive backfield. Or,might of just been the three bad games they lost that pulled those stats down.

2. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

In 2015 they only lost to UConn. Pretty soft schedule so talent wise Houston should have been comparable.

It's just a little concerning to me that his weakness doesn't match up well with the conference offenses.....I guess if they force that many turnovers and win the games it doesn't matter.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I haven't seen a great deal of DB talent on display in rhe Teaxas defensive backfield since Diggs left.

4. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

Soooo....what is the speculation regarding OC and RB coach?

Maybe Mehringer will be the OC or Passing Game OC as has been "reported". Maybe the RB coach will be a Running Game OC. Nothing I have read specifically mentioned a Receivers Coach or a QB coach. Not a big fan of split OC duties but what the hell do I know.

Seems like whoever is being courted for the final two field coaching slots are with bowl teams or they would have been identified and on campus by now.

5. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i'd be fine if herman acted as oc, if he got a big, great staff. we need a good RB developer though.

6. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Soft schedule? 2015 may be the toughest or one of the toughest American Conferences in history. Memphis, Temple and Navy were all ranked when Houston played them. The conference is similar to the Big 12 in that there are a lot of pass happy offenses with the exception of Navy.

All of that said, like Herman, Orlando is a young, unproven guy and is certainly no sure thing. We are in a "wander the desert" phase until we find our next DKR/Akers/Brown. I'll stay neutral on Herman/Orlando and see how they do. If they do not work out, we'll move on to the next one in three years. Orlando is supposed to be moving on up and is only supposed to be here 1-2 years before taking a head coaching job if he really is as good as they say and he performs at UT.

• Like Like x 2
  7. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

There's only some flashes, but no consistency in the secondary from play to play during a game. Can't make up my mind if Strong brought in talent but just didn't develop it, or if the guys he got were not a talented as we thought. Guess we'll see what Herman & Co. can do with this group.

• Like Like x 1
  8. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

The Head Coach is the one rolling the dice, he needs to roll the dice with his dice. He gets the staff he wants. Not sure of the talent level he is being left with. Lots of three stars, but I do have a much better gut feeling Herman and his staff will get the most out of the players he was left with. There will probably be players that will leave due to the coaching style change. The winners will stick, the losers will leave.

9. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

THIS!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

11. meadowlark

meadowlark 100+ Posts

[​IMG]
    todd orlando - DC
    [​IMG]
    craig naiver
    [​IMG]
    yancy mcknight - strength and conditioning coach
    [​IMG]
    tory teykl (teykul) - director of football operations
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

Saw this online:

WARINNER TO TEXAS? OSU forums lit up Thursday with talk of Ed Warinner joining his old colleague and MENSA founder Tom Herman in Texas.

It started with a single post on a 247sports.com forum:

I live in Austin, and listen to their sportstalk radio every day, and yesterday they were talking about Tom Herman's new staff. They had Geoff Ketchum, owner of Orangebloods.com, on the show, talking about Warriner coming to Austin as the Offensive coordinator, but it wouldn't be announced until after OSU's playoff run. Not even a lateral move for Ed, if it's true.

Big if true, but Orangebloods.com didn't post this anywhere where they'd make money off this information.

And while plenty of us will say "it's not even a lateral move," please consider what a grinding boss Urban Meyer must be and that Texas could offer more money and doesn't have state tax or winter. Austin ain't Lubbock, either.

But considering the smoke around Kevin Wilson possibly joining as an assistant or quality control coach, there could be some more shake-ups on the way.

BTW: Ohio State finished with the fifth best offense in school history this year.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/skull...kwon-mcmillan-dremont-jones-ed-warinner-texas
    Bio:
    http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ed_warinner_791596.html

• Like Like x 5
  14. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

not only would i like the coaching hire, i think that would affect recruiting this year

• Like Like x 1
  15. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

So with FSU done and Ohio State playing tonight will there be big announcements on Monday? I suspect no OC is not helping for recruiting but who knows?

16. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

If tOSU wins it will be anothrr 2 weeks.

17. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Dave,

While you are correct, we at least have a "dead period" from Dec 12 to 1-11. Of course, that does not apply to certain schools. :ousucks:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Ohio state is being shut out. Is that our guy? Oh my

• Like Like x 1
  19. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

That will really bolster recruiting....I can hear recruiters now.....Had a month to prepare and zilch.

20. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Hard to know what to think. They said tOSU had their 5th best offense in school history this year, then I realized it's tOSU and the Big eleventy, so what does it really mean?

21. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Means Urban Myth is being outcoached by Venables. I'm sure that Meyer is trying to decide which detention centers to recruit from for next year.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Maybe Clemson is that good. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Like Like x 1
  23. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Clemson is good, very good. Obviously the better team, but panic and drama will still set in if Herman hires tOSU OC.

• Like Like x 2
  24. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Dabo's just auditioning for Tuscaloosa

25. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Just remember, the offense will not be the problem. :e-face-shades:

• Like Like x 2
  26. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

I think the Playoff Committee needs to redo the seeds after the semi-final games. It's clearly obvious that tOSU is the better team regardless of what happened on the field tonight.

The championship game needs to be between Alabama vs tOSU

• Like Like x 1
  27. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Military,

Puulleeease! Don't you think the committee should just give ND & Ohio State a pass to the championship game?

• Like Like x 3
  28. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I see you finally changed your tune for 2017 :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  29. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Our new DC gave up 34 points to SDSU, and our possible OC, with tOSU talent and a month to prepare, got shut out by Clemson, ( who gave up 24 or more points 5 times )......That bodes well for us in 2017.....

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  30. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

And our old ones lost to KANSAS!

Next complaint

• Like Like x 8