Hey good lookin'!

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by TheWalkingHorn, Jun 21, 2015.

1. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn 500+ Posts

Whatcha got cookin'... for dinner?

Tonight I'm making Mexican rice, pinto beans, and tamales (store bought- I only do homemade in the winter). Drinking a Michelob Ultra while I'm cooking... for good measure.

2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Your dinner last night sounded great. I have fixed Tex-Mex before but I am not very good at it. The beans and rice are fine, but my enchiladas are kind of average. It may be my recipe.

I do 3/4th of the cooking at our abode. I mostly grill - chicken breasts, steaks, pork chops, salmon on a plank, brisket, sometimes shish-ka-bob. Last night, the family took pity on me and kindly took me out for Italian Food for Father's Day - yea!

Tonight, however I am grilling chicken breasts that have been marinating since Sunday in a Teriyaki sauce I like to use. I will slather the chicken in sauce while I grill it. We'll have wild rice and steamed broccoli. I will also marinate the Grill Meister's throat with an ice-cold Shiner Bock or if I am feeling frisky, perhaps a little Jim Beam & branch on the rocks.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

First rule of the kitchen: marinate the cook!

• Like Like x 2
  4. TheWalkingHorn

Breakfast for dinner tonight. For my bf: fried eggs, bacon, toast and home fries. For me: "scrambled" egg whites, bacon, and toast.

• Like Like x 2
  5. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Sounds good... for something different, add toasted English Muffins with lot's of butter or some grape jam.... mmmm!

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheWalkingHorn

Beef stew (using reduced sodium ingredients). I promise it still tastes good!

7. TheWalkingHorn

I love ordering them as a side when I eat breakfast out at a restaurant!

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheWalkingHorn

Salmon, sauteed green beans, creamy angel hair pasta with herbs and garlic.

9. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Salmon is so great with melted butter and capers.

Does anyone else love capers? Mmm.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheWalkingHorn

That does sound pretty delicious, but since I was already having some starchy pasta and a little butter on the green beans I opted for just salt, pepper, and a nice pan sear. It was good!