HF DFW August "Tailgate"

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by WorsterMan, Jul 28, 2021.

1. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

All HF are invited.... even ou Bubba.

Lots to cuss & discuss: new football & BB HC's, new seasons, SEC membership on the horizon.... wow!

THURSDAY AUGUST 26TH

5:30 - ?

FRANK X. TOLBERTS CHILI PARLOR - GRAPEVINE TX

Come early, wear burnt orange, stay and play long!!

Several posters have already sent me a yes for this date. Send me a HF - IM if you can make it.

Hope you can join us!

Cheers! :beertoast:

• Like Like x 1
  2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I'll be there. There will be a line of neanderthals waiting to give me a pice of their minds, I'm sure. @mb227, here's your chance, you too @OUBubba. :ousucksnana:

Should be something like this....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. HoffHorn

HoffHorn 500+ Posts

Hope to make it! Had so much fun last time! 50/50 as I’m traveling to stay out of this North Texas Hellfire heat!

Thank you Worcester for work!

4. horninchicago

Hope you can make it. I'm coming from IL...no pressure lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

But...if Bubba gives you a piece of his mind, he won't have any left...after all, you KNOW how little is in there to begin with. Why do you think the wind whistles on that prairie...

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. horninchicago

So....are you going to try to make it there?

7. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Why did it have to be mid-week though...damn! I could likely have done a Saturday or Sunday, but mid-week...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. horninchicago

Thursday is not mid week. It's practically the weekend.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Free ride on Frontier or Southwest?

10. horninchicago

We now go to DFW from O'Hare, so probably Frontier.

My 11 year old is going to Texas tomorrow until the 6th, and she will be riding in the back as I fly the plane to DFW.

Looking forward to meeting you.

11. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

That is neat! Just try not to throw the plane down on the runway.

Same here.

• Like Like x 1
  12. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I'm in! If I'm not traveling :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  13. horninchicago

Ah, we can talk some 'cue.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Thursday is a no-go for me. I’m trying to save my annual leave for the holidays. Thanks for the invitation, though. Y’all stay out of jail! :ousucks:

• Like Like x 2
  15. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Man! I'd love to be there, but I'll be back in law school here in AZ. Drink a couple for me though. HOOK 'EM!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. horninchicago

Back in law school? What else is there to know? That's what the party is for.

:fiestanana:

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

As Grapevine resident I plan to be there but during week its always work contingent. Hope to meet many of you.:hookem:

• Like Like x 2
  18. WorsterMan

ttt

Who else can join us?

19. WorsterMan

Friends, I'm having second thoughts about this event in 2 weeks in light of the Delta virus variation breakout / spike in cases. I am not vaccinated and even if I was, I know several people that were vaccinated that got Covid anyway....

So, I may eventually decide to bow out but if some of you still want to meet up, feel free to do so.... I was looking forward to this but I have others around me that are unvaccinated I must consider.

Thoughts / comments?

20. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

F'ing covid

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Worster,

It is your call. I certainly understand. I underwent a battery of tests last week and just got back SOME of the results. As the doctor breezed through the tests, he said, "tests detected a small presence of covid, but that is likely left over from your vaccine". My reaction was "what the hell". He said, "It's common. Many if not majority of the people carry a remnant of the virus after the shot."

OK, I have endured this allergic reaction for five months with no appetite (losing 20 pounds) and itching preventing me from sleeping, only to find out you put the damn virus in my body? Are there any medical professionals that know what they are doing?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

If you don't mind me being frank, I'm of two minds...
    1) we've all gotten sick our whole lives. It's about ending up in the ICU or dying. The vaccine has proven to be very effective with those two things. Not perfect, but very effective. The vaccinated should feel pretty good about the scariest stuff.

2) the older SOBs like some here ;) are still at somewhat of a risk, even vaccinated, if you have heart disease or conditions like diabetes or COPD.

When it gets cooler, we could go to a place that has a big outdoor patio to eat/drink on?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  23. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

This is hard to figure out.

1) I'm close to the oldest on this board so I qualify as "older"

2) A goodly percentage consider me an "SOB"

3) I've been vaccinated

4) There are a number of females of the species that will swear I have no heart

5) I do not have COPD or diabetes

Does that give me 50/50, 60/40, or 40/60?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  24. WorsterMan

Sabre, I'm annoyed for you & sorry about the reaction you had to this shot. Terrible side effects for you that I hope eventually minimize or go away in time. My fear is some of the vaccines have given people blood clots or MAY given some the possibility of blood clots in the future.

I am very concerned about a vaccine that made it to trial phase 1 - "emergency use only" instead of the normal phase 3. Certainly helping some and saving some lives but also putting many more at risk for other things.

Many Dr. figured out this virus would have been better treated with therapeutics from the beginning of the outbreak - drugs that killed or minimized the virus, not a risky vaccine that was rushed to market.

My wife and I know a number of people & friends who have friends / family that had negative reactions to the shot, some mild, some middle of the road, some severe where they will never be the same again.

Wife and I are dosing daily on zinc, vitamin D & C, plus some other stuff to keep immune system boosted. We have a good Rx supply of Hydroxychlorine, Ivermectin, (pardon my spelling) and zinc if we get symptoms... we also have access to Docs that will give us anything else they think we need like nebulizers, steroids, etc.

We have no underlying health issues and are willing to take our chance with Covid 19 or Delta variant vs. taking the vaccine.

Sorry for going off on a long rant.... just my .02

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  25. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Not a "rant", just facts, which we will NEVER get from the news or internet.

• Like Like x 1
  26. horninchicago

If Worster doesn't go, I'm not going.

:confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  27. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

a few of these might be validated on this board. lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

You summed up my feelings/attitude very well there Worster. Thankful I have Drs with similar opinion/attitude. Oh yeah, and I’m definitely on the older side of the group.

• Like Like x 1
  29. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

But you have yet to qualify as an "SOB". Since I like you, I am willing to give you the OOOficial WorsterMan discount for my SabreHorn crash course in "How to Become an SOB". If your check for $5,000 arrives by Wednesday of next week, I'll throw in "Being a Major *******" for the discounted price of an additional mere $2,500.

That's right, this $15,000 value is yours for only $7,500, but you must act immediately.

:beertoast:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  30. WorsterMan

All of you. My educated wife on all this stuff says: vaccine or not you need to be taking 50 mg. of Zinc daily plus Vitamin D3 and vitamin C. Best is go to flccc.net for front line Dr. for good advice on this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2021