HF "Tailgate" at DFW Watering Hole - January

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by WorsterMan, Dec 17, 2020.

1. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Uhh, she truly "inspired" many of us !! :bow:

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  2. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

It's too bad you guys weren't able to just relax and be the degenerates you truly are. Good there were a couple of lady's around to keep you all "in line"......relatively speaking I'm sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Now HIC...Help me out here...
    If my memory serves me correctly, when I was living in Chicago, I was at a blues club (Kingston Mines) one evening and sat down with a couple of guys who were telling me about their work trying to start or grow or establish an airline...I thought was Frontier? Could have been one other that was established in Denver or Chicago back in the 90s can't recall the name off hand (Midwest?...or..?). This would have been around 1995 or so. Does this sound right?

4. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Apparently a United pilot, Rick Brown was one of the founders. Early 90s. Started in 1994.

Haven't hear Kingston Mines in several years.

5. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Very sad indeed.
    Remembering Willie Ray Smith Jr.

I enjoyed hearing about Willie Jr's roommate putting the spin move on you in the sandlot. Amazing story.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Is there a chance that any of you degenerates are going to be at the baseball tournament this weekend in Arlington? I’d be open to having an impromptu gathering at Humperdinks in Arlington or at one of the other local watering holes, maybe J Gilligans?

I really wish I could’ve made the one in January. But living in Temple, a weeknight just doesn’t work for me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

^Hi, Texanne. I had not heard of a baseball tournament here - if it's an outdoor tournament, I'm sure it will be cancelled; temp here will not get above freezing. If it's in the new Rangers ballpark, it could go on - but I haven't heard anything.

Hope you can make the next Hornfans get-together here - we had a great time in Grapevine.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

It’s a Big12/$EC round robin at Globe. Texas, Tech, and TCU; Miss St, Arkansas, and Ole Miss. All 6 are ranked in the Top 10. I’m surprised you haven’t heard about it.

9. horninchicago

Unfortunately, won't be able to make it down.

Try to contain yourself, Texanne.

:coolnana:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. HornHuskerDad

Hi again, Texanne. I googled it and found the info. It's at Globe Life 19-21 Feb - surprised that we haven't seen any local publicity. Weather should break by then - it looks terrible for the next 6-7 days. Supposed to start snowing later this evening; calling for 3-6" in the DFW area.

11. horninchicago

My mom complains about the lack of snow and cold the last several years there. She'll get her fill now.

12. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Now they are saying 4 to 8 inches or more between Sunday morning and Monday morning plus a good chance for more on Wednesday.

This is all on HIC's head as double secret probation punishment.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Dang. I’m gonna be stranded in fCS! :brickwall:

14. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Visit the dead mutt graveyard. Relieve yourself on it if you get the chance. The dog carcasses will appreciate the irony even if the weirdo corp turds don't.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. HornHuskerDad

Isn't it just about time for a follow-up Hornfans get-together in the DFW area? Maybe some of the other rascals can join us this time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I have been waiting for the rematch.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. horninchicago

Weekends in July are not good for me, unfortunately.

18. WorsterMan

August????

19. WorsterMan

Give me a few Thurs. evenings in August you could attend....

20. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I'd be in, but not very available in August.

An away game watch party could work for me except I'm dove hunting during piggy

21. HornHuskerDad

Hi, WorsterMan. I'm out early August - Mrs. HHD is having surgery. Later in August would be better for me. I assume we would look at a place in the mid-cities again?

22. WorsterMan

HHD - yes. Likely at Tolbert's again. It was a good venue last time and is mid-cities DFW for all.

I am just now reaching to a few attendees from last Feb. get input on possible Thurs. nights in August for another tailgate. I will take your preference in consideration as I will with others... the 19th or 26 may end up being our go-to choices. Those dates also happen to be after a few weeks of fall camp for the Horns and only a short time until the opener.

I will put up a new invitation thread about it soon....

• Like Like x 1
  23. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Any Thursday in August is ok with me. Fridays are no good.

24. horninchicago

Roller skating night?

26th likely good for me.

25. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Nothing that exciting. Friday afternoons are my volunteer time at the Dallas Arboretum.

• Like Like x 1
  26. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I had lunch at Tolbert's today so I am taking full credit for the Golf Team's victory.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  27. utahorn

utahorn 500+ Posts

Sorry, teaching M - Th nights. I know you will have a great time.

28. HornHuskerDad

It's getting close to time for the pre-football Hornfans tailgate at Tolbert's.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. WorsterMan

Agree. I am thinking of taking a poll in a couple of weeks about a couple of optional dates on a Friday night in early August. This would be after fall camp has started. August tailgate may give us a little more to talk about that how hot the weather is if we had it in July.

30. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i think my august is all tied up thursdays and fridays. have fun though!