HGH - anyone here have firsthand experience

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by 7 Iron, Jan 29, 2008.

1. 7 Iron

7 Iron 500+ Posts

And I mean for the Stallone kind of effect.

Not taking it when you were a kid or something.

Let me break it down, if I were to lose my job and become a gym rat - which would be healthier for me to take: steroids or HGH?

I'm guessing HGH.

2. 6th&Congress

6th&Congress 25+ Posts

It's a bad *** product if you are a cyclist...or so I have heard.

3. RoughedUpSuspect

RoughedUpSuspect 100+ Posts

I read thisarticle a few years back and it was enlightening. He liked some things. Others, not so much.

4. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

HGH is the superior product. It is also about 5 times more expensive. A kit on the black market will run about $500 - $600, which would last less than a month. It is going to cost you about $1500 to $2000 to get some real noticeable results.

Testosterone on the black market runs about $100 a bottle and a mild dose would put you at about a bottle a month.

That is really the difference for most people. Most people, given a choice, and unlimited funds would choose HGH about 95% of the time.

Also, with HGH you have to inject it every day. That is also something to consider.

5. babysdaddy

babysdaddy 100+ Posts

another thing to consider is you'll start to resemble a caveman because of your huge sloping forehead.

6. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts

After reviewing the sooner's myspace page, it's a fair guess to say that he probably knows what he's talking about.

7. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

I usually wouldn't give you all too much personal information, but this is an area that I do have a decent amount of experience... so you can take it for what it's worth.

I was always an athlete growing up and worked out a lot. Out of high school I got pretty out of shape and decided at age 25 to start working out again. I worked out 5 days a week and lost about 25 lbs to begin with. Over the next four years I fluctuated somewhat, but could be considered "obsessive" by some. What I realized is that at age 31 I had reached my "natural" genetic potential. Of course, I could work out more and eat 100% clean instead of 85%, but the fact is that I wasn't getting any bigger and not very much stronger either.

I decided ,after about 6 months of considering it, to try a cycle. I started with a small dose of a relatively mild steroid (equipoise). I did that for about 6 weeks and was happy with the results. Put on about 5 or 6 lbs of muscle and lost body fat.

See here is the problem with steroids in general. Who doesn't see those kind of results and want more? I know I did. So, then I tried testosterone, then winny, then dbol, then tren etc. Before you know it, I had tried just about everything and had been on them for almost 1.5 years with very small breaks in between.

So then, one day (in September of this year) I noticed my ankles were very swollen. Like VERY swollen. I went in to the doctor and told him all I had been taking etc. Long story short, the Trenbolone (not a mild steroid) had caused my kidney to malfunction and was spilling protein causing this condition (edema).
    To let you know how bad the swelling was.... when my doctor gave me the Lasix, I lost 16 lbs in one day. I was 227 that morning and 211 that night. That is a lot of ******* water to be holding.

To be sure I had to have a biopsy. Also, it must be noted that my cholesterol was over 500! That is not a typo. It was 530. Also, had high blood pressure. So, since September, when I was on no medication, I am now on the following:

Vytorin: Cholesterol
    Benicar: Blood Pressure
    Lasix: for the edema
    Potassium: for Lasix
    Prednisone: for the kidney

No, all of these things have fixed themselves over the last couple of months and I am about to stop taking everything but the Chl medicine.

I say all of that to say this. If you use responsible doses of steroids for small increments of time 8-10 weeks with a couple of months off in between. you will probably not have any side effects to speak of. However, who can really do that? It is much more difficult than you might expect.

The funny thing is that I still want to do more in the future. Do you know how it feels to work out as hard as you can and know that you can never get to where you were 3 months ago? It is hard to swallow for a fitness enthusiast.

My suggestion is just to be happy with what you have. Work hard to make it better, and realize that "most" of those guys at the gym will pay the price at some point.

And also, all the guys at the gym that you "think" are doing steroids... they are.

8. SubliminalHorn

SubliminalHorn 500+ Posts

wow...at first i thought your post was going to praise steroids. what he says is right. you really can do steroids responsibly. do your research, take the proper precautions, and take breaks.

glad to hear you're on the road back to good health...even though you are a sooner [​IMG]

9. George-Best

George-Best 100+ Posts

The mindset of the non-professional athlete steroid user is beyond bizarre

10. SubliminalHorn

Why is it "beyond bizarre?"

11. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

12. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts

I think he's probably referring to the health risks without the possibility of millions of dollars.

13. 6th&Congress

6th&Congress 25+ Posts

14. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

15. axle hongsnort

axle hongsnort 250+ Posts

this is a very strange post. looking good does not require steroids. the casual approval on here is stunning imo.

16. SubliminalHorn

17. longhornfaithful

longhornfaithful 25+ Posts

To get back on topic. About HGH.

I'm going to try a month of the online HGH stimulants. One name kept coming up as the best one and I'm going to give it a shot. I don't want to drop the cash for the injections and don't know enough about mild steroids or cycling to even consider trying. I'd need to see scientific research and obviously I don't think it exists. Besides, how would you get juice? I don't know the right people and won't be running in these circles, nor want to.

But, HGH? Any thoughts?

18. axle hongsnort

axle hongsnort 250+ Posts

19. Bevo04

Bevo04 100+ Posts

20. BA93

BA93 1,000+ Posts

I can understand why even people can take steroids even when they don't compete in some pro/college/high school sport. Think of people who work hours and hours for their casual sports - running, tennis, basketball, etc. And if weightlifting is your thing, why wouldn't you want to be able to lift a great deal more in a short period of time.

Is it wrong, bad, and reckless? Of course. But many good people do wrong things everyday.

21. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

22. chillywillywall

chillywillywall 100+ Posts

roids and hGH also f**k with your head, you can become a diffrent person. chris benoit is a perfect example

23. kangsta

kangsta 500+ Posts

24. JuniorHorn11

JuniorHorn11 25+ Posts

I know at my high school the majority of the people who took steroids were people who did not play any sports. Now that I think about it, there were a large number of people who took steroids at my school. They were the guys who went to work out for three hours every day just to look good (which is fine). About half of their time at the gym was spent staring at themselves in the mirror. ******* stupid in my opinion. If you want to look good, just ******* work out. Doing something that can severely affect your health to look a tiny bit better is retarded.
    One guy is the prime example of what can happen to you. First of all this guy is the definition of a tool (which most people who take steroids are) but anyways, he took a lot of HGH. Now his head is as big as Barry Bonds and he has to take a million pills every day. I will be shocked if he lives past 30.
    Taking steroids = gay.

25. 3_yard-out

3_yard-out 100+ Posts

26. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

Steroid hormone abuse has known dangers. HGH abuse is not nearly as well studied. If one doesn't have crippling hip or shoulder arthritis from AVN, he has no idea how steroid abuse can ruin the body he wants so badly to perfect. Most people who abuse steroids don't have catastrophic complications right away. The sooner is very fortunate to recover his renal function. Systemic steroids are nasty enough that most in my field will limit local administration carefully to avoid even secondary unnecessary systemic doses.

27. SubliminalHorn

28. 7 Iron

7 Iron 500+ Posts

My bad - I forgot I posted this the other night.

I don't work out. At all. I don't even have a gym membership.

I was just curious if HGH is actually "not bad" for you. I hear a lot of talk that it is "natural" in the sense that its just the reinjection of a naturally occurring hormone - as opposed to roids which is a bunch of foreign chemicals.

I apologize for the idiotic topic and the idea that I was suggestuing using steroids or ever intend to. To be clear: I don't do roids, don't have a gym membership - but I do like Stallone movies.

29. muscles are attractive to both sexes. to a lot of us, myself included, guys who look have muscles that look like welps all over their body are not attractive. they've taken it too far imo.

i've gained nearly 15lbs since mid football season. i started taking creatine at first and then stopped. i haven't taken anything since. i'm at 168 right now. i'd like to get to 185 and be in very good shape. i have no desire to reach 190-200 and become bigger.

i do have a desire to get to my goal faster but i've hit a plateau right now. i'm interested in some type of hgh formula too.

30. JonathanMardukas

JonathanMardukas 100+ Posts