'Hide the decline' explored by Berkeley professor

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mop, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Ag with kids

Ag with kids 2,500+ Posts

So, basically it's his personal opinion...because, again, the study didn't say warming was man-made...

2. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

No. It is him reviewing and echoing the opinion of experts. I suppose he may have examined the underlying work for example on the solar cycle, but I do not know.

You guys either do not look at or understand the volume of excellent work that goes into the IPCC. The level of contempt shown for the peer review process and the opinions of organizations such as the National Academy of Science is pitiful imo.

I get that these are unpleasant and disturbing "opinions", but they are very well grounded in actual science. I wish it were not true, but calling it a religion or "belief" just makes me think someone is ignorant.

This is just the latest example of someone who the deniers latched onto who actually looked at the science and decided or determined the real scientists were right. There was no nefarious "hide the decline" if you actually know what was being discussed. Michael Mann is a first rate honorable scientist and the attacks on him are disgraceful and border on criminal libel.

3. mop

mop 2,500+ Posts

The IPCC has hundreds and hundreds of references to radical environmental groups and yet purports to be 100% peer reviewed in its references. It is a joke. I read a book that carefully outlined the problems with the IPCC and I was stunned. I didn't begin to think of the IPCC as that shabby. I have always seen this more as groupthink than anything else, but after reading that book it seemed a bit more crooked and blatant in its deception than that. The book has the stupidest name in the world, but was carefully footnoted and every claim can be checked. The woman did her research. It is here:

IPCC expose

4. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

Meanwhile, back in the peer reviewed world ...In reply to: