High school playoffs

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Texanne, Dec 7, 2019.

1. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

$15 gets you all three games if you care to take in the other two.

2. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I was at that game against Columbus. They destroyed Columbus from the first kick and Columbus has a pretty dang good team. And FWIW, the Zebras have the best tunnel ever. That angry zebra head with smoke coming out its mouth is awesome! If I were playing the two time state champions running out of that I might be a little weary.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

NE Texas wins both sides of the 4A title as Pleasant Grove takes down Wimberley 35-21 and Carthage beats Waco Le Vega 42-28. Carthage is on quite a roll as thats their 7th state title since 2008.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Won’t catch any playoff games as my son is back from broken leg and playing in San Marcus football tournament this weekend. He had 30 TDSs last year, so praying he’s still got it. :hookem:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Congrats to Shadow Creek for winning state

This TD counted

And this is the same game

• Like Like x 2
  6. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

We dodged a bullet

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Grandview was playing without four senior starters. They will lose a pretty good amount of talent, but I think they will make another pretty good run in 2020.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I was at the Columbus-Grandview game as well. The game was not as close as the score indicated. Grandview killed Columbus. Columbus was considerably smaller than Grandview, but mostly that has been the case for Columbus this entire post-season. They had been winning by being more fundamentally sound and disciplined than the other team, even tho the other guys were usually bigger. That did not work against GV who was not only bigger, but also just as disciplined as Columbus.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  10. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I did that one year. Went out every day early and took in all the games starting with the 6-Man (1A) through the 6A championships. The partisan crowds were as much fun to watch as the games. It's worth the price.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

He gonna hate college football

• Like Like x 1
  12. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Compare this mess with BR....two totally different humans with similar talent. I'll take BR any and every day.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Phil Elliott

Impressed with the GPNS coach upholding team rules even tho it cud cost him a state title.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

His opponent is without their engine...Not that tough a decision.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yes and no. Would go against his long term interest to let players make the rules. He’s smart enough to know the better decision.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Haven't seen anyone on here with whom I so consistently disagree. This coach has a chance at a state title and sends home his star. And your response is that it's a no-brainer because the other team is missing their qb? No props for doing the right thing?

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

+1

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. William Bush

William Bush 25+ Posts

Evans found out the hard way that anybody can be replaced.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Sangre Naranjada

Anybody watch Westlake/Denton Guyer last night? If so, were you as surprised as I was that Peter Griffin is now employed as a UIL referee?

Edit: changed to the right Denton High School.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  21. Sangre Naranjada

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

Ok, since I didn't know who Peter Griffin was I had to look it up. But, before I did I thought that the ref looked like the guy from Family Guy, lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. Phil Elliott

OK I am not the only one. I told my wife (Westlake Class of '78) that the ref looks like the dad from Family Guy. She said I don't know what he looks like.

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. Sangre Naranjada

My wife (Westlake class of '86) breezed through the den, took one glance and pointed it out. I had already come to that conclusion, but she cemented it for me.

• Like Like x 1
  25. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Props out the rear, but not that tough of a decision. You have rules and players go by them or else. Had he sent his QB home, then I would have been really impressed.

26. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Evans has in effect been only a part-time player this season due to his suspensions.

Should be a big red flag for any team.

• Agree Agree x 3
  27. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

I suspect grade issues with him...He took his SAT/ACT again a few weeks ago. Could be a clearinghouse issue as well if he doesn't go $EC or JUCO. I'm happy with Robinson. he shows crazy skills, but would have liked to have gotten the kid from California ( Milton ). That kid is a fast semi-truck ala Ricky Williams.

28. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Besides the goofy looking ref, worth mentioning that Westlake blanked the supposedly favored Guyer team 24-0. No one in division 1 would have wanted a piece of them, either.

29. Sangre Naranjada

Yeah, sucked for Guyer that their QB got hurt very early and they had to play a Freshman backup the rest of the way, but big props to Westlake for shutting them down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

At 247, Milton is the same size as Robinson.