Hillary as SCOTUS nominee?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Wild Bill, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

Even though the WH is denying this rumor, this would be better "pay back" to HRC than Sec of State. Link

2. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

She'd be a good one.

3. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

Roma,
    As someone who voted for HRC for President, let me say, there are many many candidates much more qualified as jurists than HRC.

4. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

I don't think HRC or WJC would be a good Justice. In fact, I hate anyone with experience in politics to be on the Supreme Court.

5. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

Well that would be one way getting HRC out of the way for the 2012 primaries! [​IMG]

I don't she would do it because that means per protocol she would have to keep her yap shut and she just can't do that! [​IMG]

6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

7. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

8. bub

bub 100+ Posts

Why not.

9. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

10. Ag with kids

Ag with kids 2,500+ Posts

11. PhantomHorn

PhantomHorn 1,000+ Posts

Won't happen. She will leave State after the November massacre of the Dems in Congress to begin her run against Obama in 2012.

If there ever was a shot of an incumbant president getting knocked out in the primaries, this would be it.

12. allweatherHorn

allweatherHorn 1,000+ Posts

13. Murphy'sBoy

Murphy'sBoy 1,000+ Posts

She could be the first Supreme Court member to ditch the robe for a stylish black pantsuit.

14. Ag with kids

15. hornyhoosier

hornyhoosier 500+ Posts

I just hope that the spot goes to the most qualified candidate.

Unfortunately, I fear that the nomination choice will be made on the basis of affirmative action or political favor.

16. Wesser

Wesser 1,000+ Posts

HRC would be a pretty decent candidate for Obama to nominate. The Pubs would do their wailing, but ultimately, she would be safe compared to some of the others being discussed. She would be confirmed by her former Senate colleagues McCain and Graham (and probably Scott Brown)breaking the potential for a filibuster.

17. Satchel

Satchel 2,500+ Posts

Orin Hatch started this rumor. Nothing to it, imo.

18. HornsForever'93

HornsForever'93 1,000+ Posts

She would be confirmed easily. If the R's tried to filibuster, it would fire up the D base the summer right before the elections. Many on the left would be placated by this selection. Civil liberties have a chance to not be put out to pasture

19. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

If asked by the President she would, she would do it. She would be easily confirmed. The problem is her age. She could never leave a legacy on the Court after W put two right wing nut jobs in their 40s on the court. Even if Obama is a two term guy he likely wouldnt get the chance to appoint another jurist. He will most likely be suceeded by a GOP guy who will get the chance to swing the court somewhere to the right of Stalin. HRC or WJC would make fine justices. But age and Bill's cardiovascular problems are deal killers.

20. Ag with kids

In reply to:

21. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

22. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

23. HornsForever'93

HornsForever'93 1,000+ Posts

Stalin is left of course. Although at the extremes of right and left, they almost meet at the same point after coming from differing directions. Such as Stalin and HItler

24. Texas Jack

Texas Jack 1,000+ Posts

25. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

26. Ag with kids

27. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

28. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

So, you agree that she is brilliant with an impressive background. Can I quote you on that?

29. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

LOL - I was just letting the assumption stand. I will say she married brilliantly and brilliantly stayed with a serial adulterer. [​IMG]

You can quote me on this, though. Given the choice between Hillary and BO, I think I'd feel a lot more comfortable with her in the Oval Office. I never thought I would EVER say that. Who knew??

30. Ag with kids