Hillary

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mojo17, Oct 25, 2014.

1. mojo17

mojo17 1,000+ Posts

Business and corporations do not create jobs,really. I guess the government is our only chance for putting people back to work. Lord help us if she gets elected

2. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Why single her out? She is no better or worse than the rest of the political class. Obama, Clintons, W, McCain and Palin, etc.

If you want an idea of how insane the whole bunch of them are, read the obits for Nancy Reagan's astrologer, who died the other day.

I will not vote for her or any other of the dolts being mentioned or positioning themselves for the top of the greasy pole.

3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

huis
    there is a ton of truth in what you say BUT there is a difference between and D and a R.
    do you think Mitt would have screwed our nation as badly?
    NO he would not have been perfect and he would have made mistakes

but do you really think we would be in as bad or worse shape?
    God yes it is sad when you have to choose the lesser of two evils BUT there is a lesser of 2.
    When you don't vote you make it easier for the worse evil to win.

and that works for both R evil and D evil..
    So make a list of pros and cons of each candidate if you have to and if one has one less con then vote for that person.
    But please vote.

4. mojo17

mojo17 1,000+ Posts

I singled her out because she is the one that made the statement. Do you believe that business does not create jobs? I would rank this statement up there with read.my lips. It will come back to bite her, it has to. The American people may be dumb, but not that dumb.

5. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

What? And she's the moderate democrat?

Is she running for Premier of the freaking Soviet Union?

6. Das Mook

Das Mook 250+ Posts

Someone needs to ask her to finish her statement / answer her question.

If businesses don't create jobs, who does? I would like to hear her answer.

7. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

It is scary that these egomaniacs have the power to regulate the largest economy in the world. They spent so much time in Washington that they have lost touch with how the world actually works. They really believe that if not for them, nothing good would ever happen.

8. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

9. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

This was just a calculated outlandish statement to try and deflect from her real Benghazi problem.

10. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

This is nothing new for her: when she was trying to get a national health care plan passed during her husband's administration, she was told that making small business owners pay for all their employees' plans would bankrupt scores of thousands of them. She responded that an important plan like health care could not be held hostage by a bunch of undercapitalized businesses.

It was at that point that I began to rethink the wisdom of my lifelong stance as a default voting democrat and started casting split and blank ballots.

If the republicans would knock off the religious fanaticism and voodoo economics I would consider voting for some more of them.

11. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

Hillary gets a D- for careful word choice, but the economic theory she is advocating for is tenable.

The point Hillary is making becomes clear if you listen to the context. She leads into her stupid comment by saying that tax breaks for the rich don't work. After saying that businesses and corporations don't create jobs, she puts that into context by discussing the failure of trickle-down economics.

In short, what she is saying is that cutting taxes will put more money into corporations and businesses, but they will not use that money to create jobs. You can agree or disagree with this opinion, but it is far from radical.

12. texas_ex2000

NJ, it's one thing to disagree with the virtues of Keynesian vs Chicago School of economics. People do that all the time.

It's an entirely another thing to say business don't create jobs. There's no amount of context which dilutes the message of that sentence. That's like Ricky Bobby saying, "With all due respect, and I mean with all due respect...capitalsm sucks."

13. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

14. texas_ex2000

NJ,

First of all, just from a reality check perspective, context never matters in the dumpster fire of politics. Republicans and Democrats alike have been crucified for comments taken out of context. Hillary doesn't get a pass, nor should she.

Secondly to say that she could have stated it more artfully, is disingenuous. The theory of demand side economics isn't so complex to abadandon at the pulpit. Yet she chose that language. She threw out the liberal slang term "trickle-down economics" because that's the only ecconomics related term they're familiar with and said Bill brought arithmitic to Washington, DC. Very erudite.

And it is a distinction to specifically say "businesses." Since you're such an advocate of context, the democratic party has tried to divide and segregate the electroate. They've tried to foster an animosity between labor and business owners. Are you saying the nature of the out of context language is just a coinicidence? Come on man.

15. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

16. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

A few months ago I re read Game Change, the brest book about her campaign versus Obama. I think she is worn out again and just short armed her message, as she put it.

Jumps in the synapses like that are bothersome to me because of her age. I am a few months older than her and don't think people our age should hold that office. Look at how Reagan mentally fell apart in the end. Her mental exhaustion in the 2008 campaign really stood out in that book.

And then there is her husband, the Wizard of Oz

17. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

18. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest